Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Where do you do the best thinking?
Where do you do the best thinking?
2006-12-29, 4:09 PM #1
For me, its on the toilet. There I can concentrate on thoughts and expand my ideas. Alot of good thinking and mental exploration I conjured up while I sit there.

Where do you do the best thinking (if you actually do think)?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-12-29, 4:10 PM #2
Shower.
>>untie shoes
2006-12-29, 4:13 PM #3
In the shower, while driving, while walking, while listening to inspiring music, while doing any combination of that with the previous, while sitting amidst the natural world, while sitting in the built environment, etc etc.

Any time the visual, tactile, or auditory surroundings are peaceful, inspiring, or contemplative, moving, or compelling in nature.
2006-12-29, 4:14 PM #4
Driving mostly....
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2006-12-29, 4:49 PM #5
Walking to / from class.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-29, 4:51 PM #6
Before I fall asleep. Then I forget them. /repeat
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-12-29, 5:05 PM #7
shower, toilet, bed, driving, and 90% of work, the part where i'm just walking around thinking about everything but work.
2006-12-29, 5:09 PM #8
I think best about whatever I am working on whenever I am the most unable to go work on it immediately.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-12-29, 5:10 PM #9
Anywhere outside when the stars are shining at night. And the time when it's most peaceful; between midnight and 2 am.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-29, 5:12 PM #10
Originally posted by Isuwen:
I think best about whatever I am working on whenever I am the most unable to go work on it immediately.

seconded. I think of good art projects at work and good ways to solve work problems while at home when i should be working on art projects.
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-12-29, 6:12 PM #11
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:

yup
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-12-29, 6:17 PM #12
Probably driving
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-12-29, 6:48 PM #13
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Probably driving

Note to self: Avoid roads on which mscbuck is driving.

2nd note to self: This applies to all response with "driving"
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-29, 7:12 PM #14
People drive roads?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-12-29, 7:34 PM #15
Originally posted by Antony:
Shower.

Also in the car when someone else is driving
Out in the fresh air and daylight and grass

etc.
一个大西瓜
2006-12-29, 7:58 PM #16
The shower
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-12-29, 8:11 PM #17

Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-12-29, 8:12 PM #18
On the toilet or in the shower.
2006-12-29, 8:31 PM #19
Definitely driving. I go on drives just to clear my head sometimes.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-12-29, 8:31 PM #20
whenever I'm praying.

Whenever most people seek advice, it's not because they want to hear what the other person has to say. They just want someone to listen while they talk to themselves. Whenever I'm talking to God, it not only puts my mind and soul at rest, but it also helps me to work out my problems. It's nice. I don't really understand why I don't do it more often.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-12-29, 8:33 PM #21

And how much this pisses me off is obscene. I sometimes come across some amazing introspective thoughts on perceptions of reality and the human condition when i'm stoned.... they all seem to turn me into more of a cynic though.
2006-12-29, 8:44 PM #22
For those of you who think of things while sleeping or on the verge of sleep, my computer is on most of the time at the foot of my bed and I have a file entitled "Stuff to remember"

There's been several times I've jumped out of bed, turned on my monitor, typed in another entry and another line of dashes to separate it from the rest of the entries and fall asleep.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-12-29, 8:51 PM #23
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
For those of you who think of things while sleeping or on the verge of sleep, my computer is on most of the time at the foot of my bed and I have a file entitled "Stuff to remember"

There's been several times I've jumped out of bed, turned on my monitor, typed in another entry and another line of dashes to separate it from the rest of the entries and fall asleep.

How often did you read it the next morning and find nothing but random gibberish?

Some of the stuff that comes out of my brain in a sleepy state is absolute random ****e.
2006-12-29, 9:06 PM #24
Hahah yeah

I've fallen asleep while writing notes while studying and when I've woken up I've written weird nonsensical things about totally unrelated subjects.
一个大西瓜
2006-12-29, 10:29 PM #25
Definitely shower.

I tend to read on the toilet.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-12-29, 10:48 PM #26
In bed before I go to sleep.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-29, 11:56 PM #27
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:

I've done that once. It was two years ago. I knew I was having some kind of rare insight at the time and had the foresight to write it down as best I could. The idea was not formed completely in words and I had a small window of time in which to translate this transcendent thought I was having into English. It was tough translation work, but I did the best job I could before the thought pattern faded.

Last week, I was pilfering through old papers and I came across it. It was a true gem. It was like my brain was running on premium octane when I wrote it. The paper contains insightful observations about the Capitalist machine and other random tidbits. ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-30, 12:00 AM #28
No idea, sometimes in the bathroom.

Usually when it's night time, though.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-30, 4:03 AM #29
When trying to sleep, then it keeps me awake till I do something about it.
2006-12-30, 6:38 AM #30
Whenever I'm alone. In the bathroom, shower, driving, out walking around, doesn't really matter as long as I'm by myself.
2006-12-30, 8:11 AM #31
Originally posted by Antony:
Shower.

2006-12-30, 8:15 AM #32
In bed right before I fall asleep.

However I find it easier to remember stuff thanks to the fact that for some reason I find it impossible to sleep on my back, so I lay on my back and tihnk some more.
:P
nope.
2006-12-30, 9:05 AM #33
It's pretty tough for me to do any thinking anywhere.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-12-30, 9:10 AM #34
shower, in bed.
2006-12-30, 9:38 AM #35
When I'm really tired. I even have a notebook right by my bed so if I'm feeling inspired, I can scribble whatever I'm thinking of down. The only problem is that it's usually just a stream of words and phrases, with no real grammar or structure. It makes for an interesting read, though.
2006-12-30, 9:44 AM #36
When im laying in the dirt, half naked. Yesterday I laid there for two hours.

I leaf fell on me and i felt like part of the ground, it was very pleasant. I felt like all i wanted to do forever was to be one with the soil.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-12-30, 10:55 AM #37
I can arrange that... ;)
2006-12-31, 1:45 PM #38
In the car or asleep.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-12-31, 2:25 PM #39
Sometimes if I'm in bed and think of something great but don't wanna move, I'll reach over and grab my phone to send myself a text message of it, so when I wake up in the morning it's: *ping* 1 new message and I'm like 'bwrahhhh!?!?!? yeshhh'.

then i eat wawffles.

yjmmmmmm
2006-12-31, 2:38 PM #40
Originally posted by Ewoklover:
When im laying in the dirt, half naked. Yesterday I laid there for two hours.

I leaf fell on me and i felt like part of the ground, it was very pleasant. I felt like all i wanted to do forever was to be one with the soil.

Stay off my internet you hippie. :mad:

(just kidding)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!