Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Where do you do the best thinking?
Where do you do the best thinking?
2006-12-31, 4:58 PM #41
Originally posted by Ewoklover:
When im laying in the dirt, half naked. Yesterday I laid there for two hours.

I leaf fell on me and i felt like part of the ground, it was very pleasant. I felt like all i wanted to do forever was to be one with the soil.

I don't know if you're being serious, but I can't stop laughing at that thought.

I usually do my best thinking in school, when I'm ignoring the foolish teachers.
2006-12-31, 7:26 PM #42
2 years ago I worked for an automotive diagnostics company.

They had a toilet.

It was a magic toilet.

It never failed -- if I had a problem with a piece of code, any problem, and I couldn't figure it out, and I went to the bathroom to use that toilet, BAM, the solution would come to me. This happened at least 2 dozen times.

I kept saying I was going to move my office into that bathroom.

It doesn't seem to work with just any bathroom, only that one. Which is a real shame, because I don't work there any more.
Those guys must think I'm nuts, with me showing up at random times, just to "use their bathroom".
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-01-01, 4:11 AM #43
Driving, or out in the bush.
2007-01-01, 10:15 AM #44
I think the best when I'm just sitting doing nothing, or when I'm working at my old summer job. I worked at Ace Hardware, where most of the work doesn't require much thought. As I mindlessly stock shelves or lift bags of dirt/concrete/sand/bark into cars I can really get a lot of thinking done. In an 8 hour day, a lot of thought goes on. I can convince myself to believe something that I really don't in that amount of time, its interesting.

But I don't work there now due to school, so the best time for me to think is when I'm talking to my closest friend. Even if they aren't listening or don't have any input, talking about it really helps you organize your thoughts. Its the same way with prayer. I will find myself praying to god about something and realize exactly what it is that I'm doing wrong.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2007-01-01, 12:14 PM #45
For me, it's while washing dishes. In the shower would be my second.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

↑ Up to the top!