Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Obama '08 BABY!
Obama '08 BABY!
2007-01-19, 1:30 PM #81
Originally posted by Rob:
4 years and entire staff of monkeys to pound out whatever work you need.

I'm not electing someone so they can spend a few years learning how to be president. I'm electing someone so they will go in there and get things done. Thats why previous executive experience is needed. Obama has none. And the time he has actually been in congress, hasn't actually done anything either. What indicators do I have that he would be a good president? He speaks well? So what, that doesn't amount to anything. Name me things he's done while in congress that actually would make him a good president. I'm not saying I'm opposed to him being president, but nothing I've heard about him makes me feel like he has the qualifications to do so.
Life is beautiful.
2007-01-19, 1:46 PM #82
As for the experience thing:

[http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tt/2007/tt070118.gif]
2007-01-19, 1:47 PM #83
Its really sad how true that comic is...
Life is beautiful.
2007-01-19, 2:25 PM #84
Originally posted by Rogue Leader:
I'm not electing someone so they can spend a few years learning how to be president. I'm electing someone so they will go in there and get things done. Thats why previous executive experience is needed. Obama has none. And the time he has actually been in congress, hasn't actually done anything either. What indicators do I have that he would be a good president? He speaks well? So what, that doesn't amount to anything. Name me things he's done while in congress that actually would make him a good president. I'm not saying I'm opposed to him being president, but nothing I've heard about him makes me feel like he has the qualifications to do so.

I'm not support obama, dumbass. (Sorry, but seriously. Find where I am.)

If you can point to where I said I support obama you get a cookie. Otherwise, no. Just no.
2007-01-19, 2:29 PM #85
Just calm down Rob. Your post that I quoted had you responding to Wookie sounding like you were saying that executive experience wasn't needed since he had a staff of people to do it for him. No need to get all worked up about it and act like an idiot. So I misunderstood you. Big frickin deal.
Life is beautiful.
2007-01-19, 2:31 PM #86
If you had USED YOUR EYES, I wouldn't have any anything to be upset about.

It's not just you, IT'S ALOT OF PEOPLE.

It would have been one thing if my post was vague, but it wasn't.
2007-01-19, 2:35 PM #87
Hey Rob, I totally agree with you. Obama is the MAN. Good to see you support him as well, big buddy, ol' chum.
2007-01-19, 2:37 PM #88
Obama?
[http://www-personal.umich.edu/%7Ebgoodsel/post911/palmer.jpg]
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-01-19, 2:41 PM #89
If you had USED YOUR EYES, I wouldn't have any anything to be upset about.

It's not just you, IT'S ALOT OF PEOPLE.

It would have been one thing if my post was vague, but it wasn't.

Whatever. I already told you how I saw it. Your getting worked up over nothing. Take it how you want it. I honestly don't care.
Life is beautiful.
2007-01-19, 2:44 PM #90
Originally posted by Lord Kuat:
Hey Rob, I totally agree with you. Obama is the MAN. Good to see you support him as well, big buddy, ol' chum.

Atleast you're trying to be funny, instead of just being stupid.. I guess.
2007-01-19, 2:59 PM #91
Atleast you're trying to be funny, instead of just being stupid.. I guess.

Guess again!
2007-01-19, 3:08 PM #92
Originally posted by TSM_Bguitar:
As for the experience thing:
Lol, politicans are slime men, that's a good one. ;)))))
2007-01-20, 10:59 AM #93
Originally posted by Emon:
Obama?
[http://www-personal.umich.edu/%7Ebgoodsel/post911/palmer.jpg]

lol. Long live President Palmer.

According to the Michael Savage Radio Show, Obama was in a madras in Indonesia for 4 years but has kept it on the down low. Hillary's team actually has people in Indonesia contacting imams who taught him at the school to get more dirt. This is going to be fun if it reaches the mainstream press.
2007-01-20, 11:10 AM #94
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Obama was in a madras in Indonesia for 4 years but has kept it on the down low.
I'm afraid I don't understand the significance of this.

And I'm pretty sure Hillary would send her Nazi stormtroopers to some hillbilly high school in Arkansas if that's where Obama went. The only difference here is that, if she can't find any actual dirt on him, she'll spin it so he looks like a terrorist. Because that's the kind of person she is.

If the GOP weren't an old man's social club she'd probably be King of America right now. :P
2007-01-20, 12:37 PM #95
You just might get your wish there Jon`C:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/20/clinton.announcement/index.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245160,00.html

Ugh.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-01-21, 6:53 AM #96
Some random thoughts.

-80% of American's describe themselves as Christian. Therefore, were a president to ignore all that 'religious bull****' as someone so nicely put it, they would be ignoring most of the population.

-Polls are taken, mostly, of city populations. Cities almost always vote democrat in presidential elections, while rural areas vote republican.

-Just because someone is conservative, doesn't mean they are wrong. They have a right to their opinion as well, and you shouldn't hate them or think they are stupid just because they disagree with you.

-A recent poll says that 44% of American's would never, under any circumstances, vote for Hillary Clinton. Ouch.

-Moderate candidates always beat extremists. Julliani and McCain are much closer to the center than Clinton and Obama.

-His middle name is Hussein. Seriously. If you think people will vote for 'Borak Hussein Obama', you are underestimating the amount of prejudice that really exists in this country.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-01-21, 8:47 AM #97
Originally posted by Rogue Leader:
I can't understand the excitement over him. What, as a politician, has he actually done or accomplished that would make him a good president? Heck, what as a politician has he actually accomplished?

You know why I like him? It's because he doesn't really seem like a politician, just a good guy with good ideas about society. Politicians can be pretty annoying, but I find Obama to be a lot less annoying. Having said that, I'm more conservative than liberal, so I'm not sure if I would vote for him, but I need to see who the republican candidate is (Doesn't mean I'd vote republican, I would like to see a few of the changes the democrats are calling for in this country, too, even though I sometimes highly disagree with other changes they want). It all depends upon who runs for the presidency. At least I know I won't vote for Clinton...
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2007-01-21, 2:43 PM #98
Originally posted by Isuwen:

-His middle name is Hussein. Seriously. If you think people will vote for 'Borak Hussein Obama', you are underestimating the amount of prejudice that really exists in this country.

I could seriously see him making a huge stink about this and turning it around in his favor. You know, creating some sort of victim hood and accusing people of discriminating against him because of that at every turn. That would work to.
2007-01-21, 2:45 PM #99
This thread seems to be a magnet for mildly retarded discussion.

I move it be closed.
2007-01-21, 3:02 PM #100
This thread seems to be a magnet for mildly retarded discussion.

I move it be closed.

REQUEST DENIED
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-01-21, 4:15 PM #101
Ho ho ho!
2007-01-21, 4:58 PM #102
Originally posted by Isuwen:
-His middle name is Hussein. Seriously.
Um. Isn't he muslim? that's more damaging than a name.

I'm not saying it *should* be damaging. It's shouldn't. But Americans SUCK, so it will.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-22, 12:02 AM #103
He isn't Muslim. He's a Christian.
2007-01-22, 2:57 AM #104
[http://www.wtamu.edu/~thanson/200px-Jimmy_Smits.jpg]

JIMMY SMITS FOR PRESIDENT

↑ Up to the top!