Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tyra Banks attempts to save man from World of Warcraft
Tyra Banks attempts to save man from World of Warcraft
2007-01-29, 8:06 AM #41
Tyra Banks, Oprah, Dr Phil, and Maury all need to be yanked off the air. All their shows are touchy emotional crap that is definitely bound to shed new light on these existing problems in a way that none of the other shows have... which is what they all do. The only person who's doing anything vaguely original anymore is Springer, and that's because he's sticking with the schtick that made him famous, instead of trying to get rich off other people's overly-milked ideas.

Also, screw paying for anything. I'm happy with Maple Story.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-01-29, 8:34 AM #42
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;783838']actually that guy reminds me of justin timberlake

Or if you shaved and hat the hat surgically removed from your head.
nope.
2007-01-29, 9:18 AM #43
;783766']You can't exaggerate playing WoW while your wife is in labor dood

We don't have any idea about their life before this situation. Maybe she was an overcontrolling freako *****. We can't know for sure.

If she was an overcontrolling freako *****, this proves it by making him quit (LOL yeah ok) on national TV.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-29, 10:21 AM #44
...her being overcontrolling still wouldn't make playing WoW as his child is being brought into the world acceptable.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-01-29, 12:21 PM #45
Why not? That's just one of those social rules that doesn't really apply to individuals. Who cares if you're there when your kid is born? I sure wouldn't. Just because most people think it's taboo doesn't really mean anything.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-29, 12:23 PM #46
Yeah, it's not like the birth of one's child is a major event in one's life or anything...
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-01-29, 12:24 PM #47
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Why not? That's just one of those social rules that doesn't really apply to individuals. Who cares if you're there when your kid is born? I sure wouldn't. Just because most people think it's taboo doesn't really mean anything.

You may well feel differently when it does happen to you, bucko.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-01-29, 12:26 PM #48
It won't. >:D
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-29, 12:31 PM #49

X_X
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-01-29, 12:44 PM #50
Originally posted by Roach:
Yeah, it's not like the birth of one's child is a major event in one's life or anything...

Maybe he already had attended a birth
2007-01-29, 1:17 PM #51
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
We don't have any idea about their life before this situation. Maybe she was an overcontrolling freako *****. We can't know for sure.

If she was an overcontrolling freako *****, this proves it by making him quit (LOL yeah ok) on national TV.

And maybe everything Hitler did was because he was under the control of a secret shadow government

It's true we can't know anything for sure, but common sense plays a role here :P
2007-01-29, 1:17 PM #52
Originally posted by Molgrew:
Maybe he already had attended a birth

"With all due respect, honey, if you've seen one baby you've seen 'em all" :v:
2007-01-29, 1:32 PM #53
WHY DOESNT HE JUST GET HER TO PLAY TOO

And the baby
2007-01-29, 1:33 PM #54
Dude, moneyobie, how the hell do you not have a custom title yet? I realize you changed your name midway through, but you have more than 3k posts with this username. :psyduck:
2007-01-29, 3:02 PM #55
I did have some witty retort, but it didn't fit with what I'm doing so I'm just gonna tear apart the videos and try to support the guy:

Ignores the baby while she's crying? The clip shows the baby making a sound that's usually accosiated with contentment. Given the information, we can only trust the word of Tyra Banks.

"Not real" Except you play with thousands of other people. Much more social than one might think.

He came back BEFORE she gave birth. She even said that. He didn't miss the kid being born.

40 hours a week, like his full time job. So he has a full time job? Oh so he plays as a way to escape from his job. That's not hard to understand. But 40 HOURS? OH NOES! That's less than a quarter of a week. You spend more time sleeping or travelling.

"addicted to the relationship with the monitor" You honestly believe what this guy is saying after he says that with seriousness?

I still think that if the girl was willing to go to (What she thought, at least) drastic measures (We don't even know if she talked to him about it beforehand) it hints that she probably didn't think things through in the past, and he was trying to get away from it.

I also still think that he went home and just started playing again. If he was smart, however, he would talk to her about it and ask why she went straight to national TV. Chances are, from what I've seen (Since you're all judging things by just what you've seen and not thinking about it, I can too) she'll take it much too seriously and not listen to him.

Originally posted by money•:

And the baby

That's also a good suggestion. I have several couples (married, some engaged) in my guild, most with children. They seem to be doing ok. We also have a whole family (Wife, husband, and two sons) that play.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-29, 3:54 PM #56
Originally posted by money•bie:

And the baby

2007-01-29, 4:41 PM #57
Glyde you're hopeless man :P
2007-01-29, 4:55 PM #58
;784028']Glyde you're hopeless man :P

And you take reality tv a bit too seriously?

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-29, 6:34 PM #59
Originally posted by fishstickz:
That was f***ing low.

How so? Oh I must have forgotten that he has no choice in the matter of having children or not. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should have mad it more clear: "This from the man who will never involuntarily have children." Vinny could adopt, or artificially inseminate, or (least likely) suck it up and have the sex with a woman who would have his child.

From watching the video, it sounds like the guy never wanted a kid in the first place. He just wanted to get some action from his girlfriend, and boom, nine months later he's a daddy.

He goes to work, comes home, supports his family, and plays too much WoW. HOW DARE HE! Couldn't he at least do the decent thing and abandon his woman and child? At least then they could play the "deadbeat dad" card for sympathy. But no, this son of a ***** has to stick around and play WoW all the time. This world sickens me.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-01-29, 6:51 PM #60
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
And you take reality tv a bit too seriously?

I don't watch tv
2007-01-29, 6:52 PM #61

And the world will be better for it.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-01-29, 7:08 PM #62
Yeah... although I do believe it was somewhat over-dramatized... and that Tyra Banks' insertion of comments made me what to bash my head against the wall... I still think the whole situation was kind of screwed up. Although, like some people said, we really don't know what's going on in the background, it is obvious that this guy is a little over the edge. Sure, some people play WoW a lot more, but his situation is pretty rediculous.
2007-01-29, 9:05 PM #63
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
I like the deeply hidden pained look on his face. National TV pressure is an amazing thing.

To me it seemed more like a look of "you stupid *****, I don't need the CDs to play, hahahaha".

↑ Up to the top!