Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The most powerful FPS weapon of any time?
The most powerful FPS weapon of any time?
2007-01-31, 10:25 AM #41
Originally posted by GHORG:
I think the nuke from Shadow Warrior outdid the Redeemer in explosion size, it also left green 'radioactive' gas for a while and had a massive flashbang effect.

Hah, I remeber that... oh the joys of shooting it a large distance and finding nothing left besides the weapons and items.
No sig.
2007-01-31, 10:34 AM #42
Not an FPS, but I think one of the most powerful weapons ever in a game was the super banana bomb in Worms Armageddon. So much fun when people were idiots and drilled down into a little tunnel. Blow all the bananas in the tunnel at once and it could take off over 500. :P
nope.
2007-01-31, 11:58 AM #43
I don't know half of what guns you people mean so I think you should post some pics ;)
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2007-01-31, 12:23 PM #44
Nuke from Turok.

BFG second, only because I've noticed that If you're close enough to a wall and take a direct hit, you take damage from the projectile, impact damage from the wall, and (if you live this long) the splash damage.

3rd, redeemer from UT2k4. The explosion seems to be bigger than the one from UT:2000 GoY edition. And it can be shot down .(
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-01-31, 12:27 PM #45
The kick from Dark Messiah.
2007-01-31, 12:51 PM #46
Top Ten Video Game Weapons
I agree with their justification for the Gravity Gun at the very least.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2007-01-31, 1:21 PM #47
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter 4 hire:

"Not aquired till late in the game"

LOL. iirc you can get it on the 2nd or 3rd level. (Chainsaw)
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-31, 1:22 PM #48
2rd? Eh? :P
nope.
2007-01-31, 1:24 PM #49
Shock Rifle in UT was awesome when you should the shock sphere and then fired at it, causing a mega explosion.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-01-31, 1:46 PM #50
Hammer of Dawn or the boomer. Really, Gears of War has the most awesome weapons ever, and unlike most games, none of them are redundant. More interesting, the 'rocket launcher' behaves more like a bow and the bow like a rocket launcher. Even more interesting, the pistol is the best melee weapon in the game, with the shotgun a close second, not the chainsaw.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-01-31, 2:48 PM #51
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Hammer of Dawn or the boomer. Really, Gears of War has the most awesome weapons ever, and unlike most games, none of them are redundant. More interesting, the 'rocket launcher' behaves more like a bow and the bow like a rocket launcher. Even more interesting, the pistol is the best melee weapon in the game, with the shotgun a close second, not the chainsaw.

I prefer to melée with the torque bow or boomer.
2007-01-31, 7:12 PM #52
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter 4 hire:

I posted that a while back. Good movie :D
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-01-31, 8:04 PM #53
Quote:
I prefer to melée with the torque bow or boomer.
Pointless. All melee attacks take a person down in two hits, except the hammer which takes three. The pistol is the best because it has a slightly faster recovery time. The shotgun is second not because of it's actual melee attack (Which is no better than any other weapon) but because it is a one hit kill at close range, so even though you are firing, it is used like a melee weapon. The chainsaw is most peoples obvious choice for the best melee weapon, but it leaves you too vulnerable. It gives you the impression that you are invulnerable, but in reality you are frozen for the entire animation and only invulnerable for a small part of it. From the time you raise the chainsaw until it actually starts to slice, you can be damaged. Once the slice is over and you pull the chainsaw back, you are still frozen and can be damaged. If you chainsaw one guy in a group, you will either be chainsawed yourself, or his buddy will stand next to you with a shotgun and wait for his chance to turn you into hamburger.

A boomer melee sounds convincing. It gives a nice thunk. But if your intent is to melee, use the pistol. Or just roadie-run shotgun them. Or rollie shotgun them.

Three shots and a whack from the pistol is a down.

Did I mention I play Gears a lot? It's my new shooter. It replaced GRAW.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-01-31, 8:06 PM #54
I remember the spreader in contra. Insurmountable odds? Ha! I played that game so much. I kicked *** in it.

The laptop gun in PD - thank god they used footage from the original game. The laptop in PDZ sucked.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-01-31, 8:07 PM #55
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Hands down, the NUKE GUN from Turok for the N64.

dear god yes
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2007-01-31, 8:09 PM #56
Gears is pretty fun, I must say. I don't have a 360, but I play it every chance I get when I'm at a friend's
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-31, 9:17 PM #57
Originally posted by Whelly:
I always liked that one rocket gun that sent a field of explosions in all directions in Rise of the Triad.

Flamewall, nice one.

Originally posted by xwingcd:
-SADAR from aliens vesus predator

Glad someone else played this. I was pretty involved in the AvP scene back in the day (was even on the staff for one of the planetavp.com hosted sites), really enjoyed that game. AvP2 I didn't play as much, but was also a lot of fun. Hope they come out with another.
2007-02-01, 3:11 PM #58
the pistol from the first halo, you get it straight away and its ****ing stupid powerful.

scrapping that, either the hammer of dawn or that black hole generator thing from an old star trek fps called klingon honor guard. (i think thats the game its from).
2007-02-01, 4:08 PM #59
Originally posted by Aglar:

Glad someone else played this. I was pretty involved in the AvP scene back in the day (was even on the staff for one of the planetavp.com hosted sites), really enjoyed that game. AvP2 I didn't play as much, but was also a lot of fun. Hope they come out with another.

I remember the Sadar.

I used to play as an Alien and I sometimes had an advantage against Sadar-wielding players (assuming that they didn't see me right away) because when I got close enough to attack they couldn't use the Sadar without killing themselves too. By the time they were able to switch to another weapon they were usually headbitten/torn to shreds by my claws.

↑ Up to the top!