Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Crappiest FPS weapon of all time?
Crappiest FPS weapon of all time?
2007-01-30, 9:48 PM #1
I think the crappiest weapon of all time in any FPS is the Unreal slime blob gun thing. That thing just sucks.
2007-01-30, 9:49 PM #2
I loved that thing. No, the true loser is:

Klobb - Goldeneye
Pissed Off?
2007-01-30, 9:50 PM #3
lol default lame pistols?
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-01-30, 9:52 PM #4
Ut2k4 Assault Rifle
2007-01-30, 9:53 PM #5
Hell no the blob gun was great.

The most USELESS gun was the damn pistol in UT2K3.

Next: glock in CS:S
2007-01-30, 9:59 PM #6
Most default weapons are worthless, and whats even worse, is your character is usually some sort of professional soldier or government operative, and your boss sends you into a highly militerized area with the lamest weapon in the entire game.
>>untie shoes
2007-01-30, 10:10 PM #7
The bowcaster in JK gets an honorable mention.

The five-seven pistol in CS gets an honorable mention too. I'd take a glock over it any day.

In Serious Sam, the revolvers. They are laughably horrid.

Thermal detonators in JO/JA. I mean, ****, I think it'd be a challenge to create an explosive with as small a blast radius as this.

But the worst of all in any game is definitely the SMG in HL2.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-30, 10:13 PM #8
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Hell no the blob gun was great.

The most USELESS gun was the damn pistol in UT2K3.

Next: glock in CS:S

No, no, no.

Blob sucked, pistol in UT2k3 has its moments (if by the pistol you mean the shield gun---full charge secondary shot kills someone instantly if you tap them with it, primary just kinda nullifies the machine gun, flak cannon, and assault rifle), and the glock is awesome in quite a few ways once you figure out how to use it.

Most useless gun...hrm...kick in duke nukem 3d, probably. That or wristwatch laser on Goldeneye.
D E A T H
2007-01-30, 10:14 PM #9
Originally posted by Freelancer:

Thermal detonators in JO/JA. I mean, ****, I think it'd be a challenge to create an explosive with as small a blast radius as this.

Hell no. At least in JO, thermal dets are insanely powerful. They're my weapon of choice on Nar, for example. Perhaps you need better aim? :D
2007-01-30, 10:18 PM #10
If by insanely powerful you mean you have to hit the enemy directly with the detonator, then yes. Yes it is. Otherwise, no. It has no splash damage at all. We're talking about a weapon that could blow Jabba's entire palace sky high here...
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-30, 10:18 PM #11
Er, yes it does. A good 3 body lengths, actually. Don't let the graphic fool you.

And it has this wonderful ability to make things fall off ledges. Like people!

No, you want a useless weapon? Take a look at the EMP.
2007-01-30, 10:19 PM #12
Well you see, the thing is, you don't use that against organic enemies. They're great for droids.
2007-01-30, 10:20 PM #13
How many droids are in MP?
2007-01-30, 10:21 PM #14

But the bowcaster was awesome...
2007-01-30, 10:21 PM #15
Who cares about MP? Maybe if we were talking about JK, but JO/JA? People even play that? :confused:
2007-01-30, 10:23 PM #16
Er, yeah. I'd probably say more than JK :p

Myself, for example. I play CTF all the time.
2007-01-30, 10:24 PM #17
Unreal's blob gun indeed, but I have to say the guns in Painkiller aren't as powerful as they should be in such a neat brainless shooter. Or something.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-01-30, 10:24 PM #18
I accidently posted this in the other thread.

Crappiest gun I've ever used in a FPS. Any pistol in Battlefield 2.
>>untie shoes
2007-01-30, 10:26 PM #19
I kind of like the pistols the arabs use in that game.
2007-01-30, 10:30 PM #20
I guess I just hate the pistols because I prefer sniping, and when somebody gets the drop on you and all you've got is a crappy pistol and a scoped bolt action rifle, while they have a fully automatic assault rifle. It's kinda uneven.
>>untie shoes
2007-01-30, 10:33 PM #21
Heres some for thought:

Quake 3 - Grenade Launcher
Doom 3 - Flashlight
Tribes - Blaster, Grenade Launcher (not to be confused with Mortar, which owns)
CS - Five-seven
DoD - FG42 when that was around
Turok - The non-Tek arrows

But the worst? By far

JK - Thermal Detonators. Only useful in SP cause the enemies are so dumb. Almost completely useless in MP.
2007-01-30, 10:56 PM #22
Originally posted by Antony:
I guess I just hate the pistols because I prefer sniping, and when somebody gets the drop on you and all you've got is a crappy pistol and a scoped bolt action rifle, while they have a fully automatic assault rifle. It's kinda uneven.

How about when you're sniping someone far away when you have a scoped sniper rifle and all they have is an assault rifle? That's kind of uneven as well. ;)

On the topic, I would say the UMP in CSS, as most pistols are more useful than that thing.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2007-01-30, 11:05 PM #23
I kind of like the pistols the arabs use in that game.

MR-444

i prefer that pistol to the 92fs.

how do people not like the Five-SeveN? sure its not as powerful as it should be, but its still got a higher capacity than any of the other pistols.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-01-30, 11:29 PM #24
Originally posted by Warehouse:
Tribes - Blaster, Grenade Launcher (not to be confused with Mortar, which owns)

Assuming your talking about t2, I get owned by that pesky grenade launcher all the time, and Its easy to take out heavies with the blaster if your in a small area. >.>

o.0
2007-01-30, 11:31 PM #25
Wow, I have to completely disagree. I remember using them and enjoying them for a while because they were accurate. I mean, they weren't great by any stretch of the imagination. Damn I need to play the Serious Sam games again.
2007-01-30, 11:44 PM #26
First off, the Bio rifle rules. Charge it up with secondary fire and blast your load all over someone, its an instant kill. And if you miss, well you've just created an area where they cant run around for several seconds or they'll step in your hot, sticky goo.

I dont know of a weapon in a game that has pissed me off more than the T2 grenade launcher (being on the negative end on it that is). The only other thing that thwarts my flag capping in that game is someone who is good with the sniper rifle. T2 sniping has to be the hardest there is.

Now the absolute worst weapon ever, in any game, has to be the lightsaber in JK/JO :ninja:
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-01-30, 11:56 PM #27
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Now the absolute worst weapon ever, in any game, has to be the lightsaber in JK/JO :ninja:

That is near the top of my all-time hate list as well. I hated it during the boss fights. I can't vote for it, however, because the unreal slime gun thing sucks worse and I actually liked the JK lightsaber during the non-boss parts of JK (taking out storm troopers with it was actually fun).
2007-01-30, 11:57 PM #28
Quake 2 - Pea shooter.

End of discussion
2007-01-31, 12:10 AM #29

Hold on here, I gotta defended the bowcaster….

In addition to being accurate, high damage to power cell consumption rate, and good rate of fire, it also had room clearing and corner shot abilities. Sure the later two were really hard to use well, but in SP the Bowcaster was very viable as a primary weapon.

In MP thing got a little bit more difficult, the slower bolt speed did start to have a factor. On the other hand, nothing can beat the one-off damage of a fully charged bowcaster at point blank range. (Take a player down 100 health and shields down to 20 health and no shields in one shot... Not even the Conc-rifle can do that)…
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2007-01-31, 12:25 AM #30
The slime gun in UT was always fairly good for me...

As were the thermals in JO.

I think the lightsabers in JK/JO were fairly useless though.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-01-31, 1:00 AM #31
the engineer's pea-shooter in HL:TFC
2007-01-31, 1:00 AM #32
Thermal dets in JK MP. They were useful in SP, but I don't know why they left those in for MP.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2007-01-31, 1:23 AM #33
The Bio Rifle is awesome. Charge it up, as soon as you get it and then switch to your weapon of choice while it's charged. As soon as you see your enemy you can release your deadly goo and if they're still alive after that you can shoot away with your favourite weapon.

Most useless weapon has to be the Assault Rifle in UT2004. I'll take the Enforcer over that piece of crap every day.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-01-31, 2:32 AM #34
I'd go for the Para (cs). hate that.

ok, it has 100ammo, but meeh.
Pie.
2007-01-31, 4:03 AM #35
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Ut2k4 Assault Rifle

Worst weapon EVER
2007-01-31, 4:24 AM #36

I disagree. Unlimited ammo and perfect line of fire. When dual wielded, these things were actually pretty good. In MP, using two pistols is very effective.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-01-31, 6:15 AM #37
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Er, yes it does. A good 3 body lengths, actually. Don't let the graphic fool you.

And it has this wonderful ability to make things fall off ledges. Like people!

No, you want a useless weapon? Take a look at the EMP.

EMP is awesome for siege, and also for sniping people off of edges in narshadaa and stuff.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2007-01-31, 6:18 AM #38
Originally posted by Avenger:
Klobb - Goldeneye

Seconded. Highly inaccurate and incredibly weak. What more could you ask for?
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2007-01-31, 6:42 AM #39
Originally posted by West Wind:
Hold on here, I gotta defended the bowcaster….

In addition to being accurate, high damage to power cell consumption rate, and good rate of fire, it also had room clearing and corner shot abilities. Sure the later two were really hard to use well, but in SP the Bowcaster was very viable as a primary weapon.

In MP thing got a little bit more difficult, the slower bolt speed did start to have a factor. On the other hand, nothing can beat the one-off damage of a fully charged bowcaster at point blank range. (Take a player down 100 health and shields down to 20 health and no shields in one shot... Not even the Conc-rifle can do that)…

A rail det can :p
2007-01-31, 7:02 AM #40
Originally posted by Warehouse:
CS - Five-seven

no... that pistol may not do as much damage as other guns it's super accurate even when rapid firing

the most useless CS* gun is the UMP same accuracy as the MP5 and the increased damage per round is not enough to cover the lower rate of fire the existance of the MP5 makes the UMP kinda pointless
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!