Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your worst nightmare
Post your worst nightmare
2004-07-15, 1:55 PM #1
I'm sure everyone here has had a nightmare at some point that had them wake up screaming and has you scared s***less until you realize it was just a dream, but you still don't look forward to going back to sleep.

i've been plagued by this thing several times during my life in my nightmares.

[http://www.pwizard.com/nightmare.jpg]

The picture does not do it justice-- this thing looked MUCH worse in the actual dream. This is a rough sketch that i quickly whipped up after my most recent nightmare with this thing in it so i could remember it. (If I was superstitious, i may have looked back and think that i've done a bad thing by giving this nightmare creature a presence in the real world by drawing it) It had legs in my dream, but i don't remember what they look like exactly when i wake up, so I gave the legs an ambiguous appearance.

It's inky black, skeletal, about 3-4 feet tall, and has bits of rotten flesh dangling off of it. It seems to be able to stick to any surface, and in my dream it usually walks on the ceiling upside down and swipes at my head with its long claw-like fingers.

I've seen it both float and walk right side up, but it seems tolike the ceiling for some reason. In my past dreams when it was kid, I remember that it could not be killed, b/c although it was intangible to me, i was tangible to it and every time it swiped at me, it hurt like hell in the dream, and anything I did did nothing to hurt it..

It could pass through walls, and it could also shapeshift sometimes so various normal looking objects in my dreams would morph into these things. usually there is only one, but sometimes there are more. The dream always takes place in a distorted version of my house (some rooms are identical to their real-life counterparts, but some are widely distorted, some do not really exist, and some are omitted. ) and this creature is always waiting in the hallway.

Here's how the dream usually goes:

I begin outside my house, and all of the nearby trees are dead for some reason and the sky is always overcast and there is a sort of drippy fog everywhere. I go inside the house, and then into the hallway. I hear a sound above me (like something metal tapping on glass) and i look up and this thing is hanging there grinning at me upside down and its hands are furiously swiping the air inches above my head. I throw a punch at it, but since it is noncorporeal to me, my hand goes through it without hurting it (it feels incredibly cold) and it begins tearing parts out of my arm. Each attack feels like my arm is freezing solid, and like my blood is turning to ice. I then stagger around trying to evade the creature. My house becomes infinitely large for some reason, and i run through a endless series of rooms, whis thing always behind me. I can see it reaching through the doors I just shut, and it is groping the air with its bony fingers looking for me before the rest of it comes through.
Eventually it takes me down, and I feel like my whole body is frozen by its attacks right before I wake up.

the strange part about this thing is I began having nightmares about it after one of my friends told me about how he dreamed about a similar thing and drew a sketch of it.
It's almost viral, in a sense. (in retrospect, perhaps you guys will be hating me for telling you all this tommorrow morning, b/c it may have spread to you now) but the good news is that I'm getting better at lucid dreaming. If this thing ever shows up again, i'm going to try to take control of my dream and see what happens.

Anyway, post your worst nightmare experiences.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 15, 2004).]
2004-07-15, 2:15 PM #2
I hope Autocad 2k4 blows up your computer [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

Though mine always centers around a guy in a black trenchcoat under a streetlight...standing...waiting. I know he's got evil intent, and I know something's amiss, and I know if I go into the darkness he'll kill me. So I have to dodge from light to light. Yeah, it's weird.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-15, 2:22 PM #3
Spiders. Lots of big hairy spiders.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-15, 2:22 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
I hope Autocad 2k4 blows up your computer [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

</font>

Why? Did this thing rub off on you too?
Maybe now it will leave me alone. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-07-15, 2:35 PM #5
I wish I had more nightmares... I love them. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
That may be why I don't have any. It's great because you don't know that you can't be hurt by them until after it's over.. Kindof like how a horror movie should be, but none of them are so they all suck. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Anyways, suppose my favourite nightmare I've had was simple and efficient. (I've had several much more interesting ones but I won't go through describing them)

Before the dream:
I've turned off my music, and the guy I at the time shared my room with (my smoking buddy at the time, and it was just a pain to walk down the street every time i felt like going to the tracks and puff a bit) is already asleep. I lay down, and after 15 minutes or so, I fall asleep.

Dream-time:
First dream was a recurrent one, just a classic from when I was a little kid and had a fear of water.. (hehe).. basically it was a bunch of people watching as I had to go off the high-dive. Now it's ridiculous to me, but at the time it was terrifying. (I was 7, come on)
I wake up, 4 am.. Glance over and my friend is sitting next to me, staring at me and telling me to turn off the music. Just that was pretty creepy.. Right when he told me to turn the music off, my speakers started blasting some opera music. (That's recurrent too, always used to happen to me in my dreams for some reasonl.. I think I'm scared of opera..) I didn't think too much more about it, turned the music off and looked back at him but he'd gone back and fallen asleep.
(I actually didn't notice until the next day that I hadn't really woken up)
I wake up again, 7:45am, running late for school. So I get on my bike and get to school. Walking up my corridor I notice my teacher standing waiting for me. I greet him and he asks me to follow him, he takes me down into one of the tiny classrooms out in a corner. (Actually, I checked it up, and the tiny classroom was on the opposite side of the hall... in reality he would've brought me into a bathroom..) He pushes me in and shuts the door. The whole room is pitch black, and someone throws a plastic bag over my head suffocating me, followed by beating me with something..
Then I wake up with sleep paralysis (for the uninformed, sp causes you not to be able to move/speak/whatever for a few seconds after you wake up).. Waking up without being able to move or scream is a pretty interesting experience.

Anyways, after I could move again I get out of bed.. around 5 am, and check around and everythings like normal... And this time I'd actually woken up. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] I thought the dream kicked-*** ...

If you ask me, the dream was pretty tight. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
I haven't had any nightmares after that though, and it was.. around 3 years ago.

edit: Sorry for the length of it, I just love nightmares too much. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by solidarity (edited July 15, 2004).]
2004-07-15, 2:42 PM #6
Worst nightmare? Being stuck in a bare room with nothing but a 486 with a basic install of Windows ME.

Oh, wait, thats not a nightmare, that was last week at a client's house.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-15, 2:46 PM #7
How the hell can a 486 RUN ME?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-15, 3:03 PM #8
Dreams where my teeth fall out or become obnoxiously loose. My worst memory was watching in the mirror the tooth move around and seeing the root and everything. I get those every once in a while. I had a dream once where my teeth melted. And being forced to chew dry bread with a dry mouth with teeth filled with cavities.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-07-15, 3:07 PM #9
Do a 3DS max render of it and send it to the Doom 3 devs! Man, you should like try pulling down the console in your dream, and hit give all, and god mode and then frag those things till you wake up. You if you think about it for awhile before you go to sleep it just might work. Or do NPC kill all. Then call them l@m3rz when ever they come near you. Noclip would be nice too. Get you some force lighting and make them scream and twitch all over the floor.

[This message has been edited by Obi_Kwiet (edited July 15, 2004).]
2004-07-15, 3:12 PM #10
My nightmare mostly involves watching a TV, I don't know whats on the TV but I try my best not to hear it or see it because its terrifying.... I can't help but watch and listen though.... it makes screaming noises and i can't remember what it looks like apart from a grey fuzz i can't look away from.... quite strange considering that grey fuzz and screaming from the tv wouldn't be scary in reality, the dream world makes it horrible though.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-15, 3:14 PM #11
Does anyone else dream ONLY in the third person?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-15, 3:32 PM #12
I haven't been dreaming recently, which is very weird considering how restless I've been.
2004-07-15, 4:50 PM #13
My worst nightmare has come true. It's been the past two weeks of my life, and it seems this will continue indefinitely.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-07-15, 5:19 PM #14
I have two, that happened one after the other.
#1. I'm flying a helicopter over an ocean and there is no land mass in site. Warning lights go and I eject into the ocean. I watch the helicopter crash. It goes under, but the blades dont break and keep spinning. Surely but slowly they suck me in and grind me down really really slow.
#2.
I'm in a wedding chapel and I just got married. I exit the chapel with my wife and begin walking towards the car, which is parked on the far side of the street. As I walk across the street I get hit by a truck, and dragged for 5 blocks and die.

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-07-15, 5:28 PM #15
Before the dreams: My friend and I are attempting to do cool knife tricks. Not a good idea. my friend gets slashed in the arm, not even a slash almost a scratch. But it still hurts. How this happens I have no idea.

First Dream:I meet Kurt Cobain for some reason even though he's dead and we discuss guitars and birds.very short dream

Bad Dream time!
My friend and I are stuck on a plane. Not just any plane, a plane thats taking us from Good ole colorado for some reason to go see cazor (WTF?!) Now imagine this. In a dream you and your friend are the only ones on the plane besides the pilot and co pilot. Now imagine the co pilot becomes becomes some hideously evil thing that looks like it came from doom 3. Now my friend and I had no idea this was happening *my subconcious self knew however the little jerk was to busy playing doom to wake me up* All of a sudden the doom thing comes out of the cockpit with the pilot in its mouth. It traps us down to chairs and begins ripping the flesh off of my friend. forcing me to watch, he finishs him off. He then straps me down to a chair. Instead of ripping my flesh off he does something even more hideous to me. I Have A BIG *** fear of spiders!!! He opens up a jar with several huntsmen spiders and lets them loose in my mouth and ears. I feel them eat the insides of my ears and stomach the parts burning as if they were on fire.I start struggling and the co pilot grabs me, shoves a SWORD in my stomach and coming out my back and throws me out the plane. The bottom of the ground is filled with knives. I Wake just as i hit them, screaming.

My fear of spiders has doubled since them but for somereason my fear of heights was cured when I woke up after that dream.

------------------
[url="http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-07-09
What"]http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-07-09
What[/url] I would do for a beta invite...only in a less extreme way not involving the skull and the *Hem hem*
Currently on the hunt for sajn.
2004-07-15, 5:37 PM #16
My worst nightmare would be a nightmare in the original sense of the word. It has many names throughout history in many cultures: Incubus, succubus, old hag, vampire, Ardat lili, Lilitu, ephialtes, mar, Hexendrücken, Alpdruck, mære, muera, zmora, kikimora, caucmar, mab, pesadilla, pnigalion, barychnas, kokma, phi um, phi kau, kanashibara, ka wi nulita, agumangia, ukomiarik, da chor, urum, ngarat, dab, tsog tsuam...
It isn't technically a dream. It is a hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucination.

I woke up, and could see a shadow moving around the room quickly, with a rapid knocking sound (which I assumed to be its footsteps), and an overwhelming feeling of terror. I could not scream, and was almost too terrified to try. Eventually I managed to make a small wheeze, which successfully cast away the demon. I could still hear its 'footsteps' fading away into the distance. Though I was fully awake at this point, I was still too terrified to move.

------------------
MadQuack has a signature.
I'm just a little boy.
2004-07-15, 5:44 PM #17
Watching my family or friends die and being able to stop it if only I could yell at them and tell them to get out the way or do something. But I cant, no matter how hard I try I cant raise my voice above a harsh whisper.

Damn I hate that dream.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-15, 5:54 PM #18
Hmmm Nightmares? There are several where a train crushes me, but other than that I don't really have any re-occuring ones often...

BTW, it's not noncorperal, it's etheral [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-15, 5:56 PM #19
Technically it's ethereal, incorporeal, and they both mean the same thing.

I haven't had a nightmare since I was 3. I suppose I should consider myself lucky. And Pagewizard, that thing looks kind of cute! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

(Might want to work on the face a little).

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I always dream in first person..

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited July 15, 2004).]
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-15, 7:11 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
Technically it's ethereal, incorporeal, and they both mean the same thing.

I haven't had a nightmare since I was 3. I suppose I should consider myself lucky. And Pagewizard, that thing looks kind of cute! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

If it shows up in your dreams tonight (like i said earlier, it seems to be contagious-- once you learn about it, it starts haunting your dreams, or that's how it was for me. Now, i've spread it to everyone here at massassi. Enjoy. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] ) you might change your mind about it when it tries to claw your arms and head off. Remember, that sketch does not do this thing justice in terms of appearance.

The strange thing is, every time I wake up after having this nightmare, both of my arms are asleep in the location approximately where this thing attacked them in my dream, and I have to endure that annoying pins and needles thing for about 2 minutes before i can get up.

kind of strange that my arms would be numb in the same place so consistantly ONLY AFTER having this dream, but not any other dream. kind of makes you think...

------------------
2004-07-15, 7:17 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flirbnic:

I woke up, and could see a shadow moving around the room quickly, with a rapid knocking sound (which I assumed to be its footsteps), and an overwhelming feeling of terror. I could not scream, and was almost too terrified to try. Eventually I managed to make a small wheeze, which successfully cast away the demon. I could still hear its 'footsteps' fading away into the distance. Though I was fully awake at this point, I was still too terrified to move.

</font>

were you actually awake or asleep (thinking you were awake-- it happens al the time in dreams) when you saw this?

I've heard accounts of so-called 'shadow people." They're basically one of the strange things that people sometimes see for an instant out of the corner of their eye, or when you have that 'being watched" feeling when no one else is around. (something obviously is watching you, or else you wouldn't be feeling that way-- humans have that instinct for a reason). From the accounts i've read, they usually leave at the first sign of being noticed. They are usually described a darker-than dark silouhette that sometimes has red eyes.

What you described sounds like one. I've never seen one myself, so I don't know whether to really believe in it or not, but a lot of strange s*** goes on in this world, so i'm not willing to rule it out entirely.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 15, 2004).]
2004-07-15, 7:46 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Does anyone else dream ONLY in the third person?

</font>

Has in you see your self from an outside source? I had 2 or 3 like that,

But in most of my dreams(that I can still remeber) I'm not even in them, nor does it center around 1 person..
2004-07-15, 7:51 PM #23
Page, that's what fatigue does to you. Once I was at a lan party and I hadn't slept in about three days, and next to me was a big couch put up sideways with somebody's vest on top, and everytime I turned around, for a second, I thought it was a person looking at me.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-15, 7:57 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Page, that's what fatigue does to you. Once I was at a lan party and I hadn't slept in about three days, and next to me was a big couch put up sideways with somebody's vest on top, and everytime I turned around, for a second, I thought it was a person looking at me.

</font>

yesh, everyone gets that, but that's not what I'm talking about. I've known a friend that normally doesn't believe in weird stuff see these shadow things on one occasion (being completely sober at the time), and his reports are consistant with what the written accounts say, so I think it merits investigation.

Besides, my friend (who I would consider to be trustworthy) doesn't believe in stuff like that normally, so why would he lie about it?

------------------
2004-07-15, 8:14 PM #25
Well, I get this really odd kind of nightmare that only happens every 2 years or so but I've had it all my life. It used to happen alot more as a kid...last time it happened was maybe a few monthes ago when i was sick.

Basically, the dream is about some HUGE machine thing and for some reason it has some kind of deep doom associated with it. I see the huge things turning and something goes wrong or something and I have this feeling of such doom like the worst thing has ever happened to me. The weird part is that I wake up VERY confused and scared, and I feel like Im having some kind of fever induced night terror, with motion in my body...its so hard to explain but it scares the **** out of me. One time this happened very badly when i was a kid and I woke up and ran into my parents room with a blanket wrapped around me. I didn't remember much because I was so confused but my mom told me the next morning that I was crying and saying that the blanket was trying to eat me....

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-07-15, 8:45 PM #26
I had a dream last night that I had my genitals surgically removed, replaced with 2 holes used to urinate. I was conscious when it happened, felt no pain, and people were watching (including friends and coworkers) and wasn't scared. For some reason I was supposed to get it done, not like I was dying. A new set would be growing back, bigger than before.

I know, very disturbing.

I woke up before anything happened cause I got in an argument in the dream with a female friend, which happened last night in reality. After the fight, I remembered how mad I was at her.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-07-15, 8:48 PM #27
Worst nightmare I ever had was back when I was four or five. Some guy came into my house and started buring it down with a flame thrower. He had my family and me cornered and he let loose. Scared the crap out of me.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-15, 9:32 PM #28
I once had a 103 + temp when I was sick. I halucinated. I once woke up looked at my shades, and they turned into bats and started flying at me. I was like 5, scared me crapless.

Also, sometimes I get the feeling I'm being watched, I turn around and I see a shadow quickly move away. Scares the **** out of me. Because it makes no sounds, it just stands behind me until I turn around and I can see a glimps of something moving real fast. Spooky. One time at my uncles I thought his cat was crawling on the bes because I could feel is crawling all over my bed. Then I felt it breath on me and I went to push it off...nothing was on my sheet....I turned on the light...nothing. So what do I do? Sleep under the covers the entire night. My uncle said the cat was in his locked room the entire night. I'll never forget that.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Basically, the dream is about some HUGE machine thing and for some reason it has some kind of deep doom associated with it. I see the huge things turning and something goes wrong or something and I have this feeling of such doom like the worst thing has ever happened to me. The weird part is that I wake up VERY confused and scared, and I feel like Im having some kind of fever induced night terror, with motion in my body...its so hard to explain but it scares the **** out of me. One time this happened very badly when i was a kid and I woke up and ran into my parents room with a blanket wrapped around me. I didn't remember much because I was so confused but my mom told me the next morning that I was crying and saying that the blanket was trying to eat me....

</font>

Exact same thing to me. I swear to god. I remember having that doom feeling, running to my moms room crying, saying I was sorry and that I ruined everything. and I just had a feeling that the world was ending, I was so confused and lost. But this only happens to me when I am sick.

------------------
Haggis: "For God's sake, snap out of it man! That bottle is empty! It's been empty since the first day we got to this godforsaken place and you drank it all! You're losing touch with reality!"
Otter stares at Haggis, a suspicious expression on his face.
Otter: "You just want my whiskey! I'm on to you!"

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 16, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-15, 9:33 PM #29
most "shadow people" stories and similar nightmare/demon things are jsut a form of sleep paralysis. The classic case is where you wake up, but can't move,a nd have the distinct feeling that you aren't alone, most likely that soemthing is watching you. This can include sounds. If you try really hard to move you might get a sort of weird feeling liek you DID move, but you haven't. After a bit you'll be able to move again and everything, and the feling will go away. I had it once, it was awesome. I thought it was my cat (but the door was closed).

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-07-16, 12:54 AM #30
(Not mine, I've just always liked it)

had a nightmare once that began with me sitting on the computer, browsing the internet, as I usually do late into the night.

I noticed that something didn't look "right" in my room, something with the lighting. Then i noticed that there was a large standing shadow in the corner which, considering the moonlight was shining in the window across from it, shouldn't have been there. I blinked my eyes a couple times, to clear my vision in case my contacts were ****ing with me. I looked back, and the shadow was still standing there, directly across from me, in the corner.

I stared at it for quite some time, unsure how to handle this. It just stood there, defying the natural world by being partly in a patch of moonlight.

I looked back over to my monitor and noticed this message written in all caps:

"CAN YOU MAKE IT TO THE LIGHTSWITCH BEFORE I GRAB YOU?"

------------------
Slug's Dumb Site
2004-07-16, 1:43 AM #31
I've never seen a proper nightmare which has scared me off for good. I've only seen wacky and stupid nightmares, without anything nightmareish. Meh.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan

[This message has been edited by FastGamerr (edited July 16, 2004).]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-16, 1:58 AM #32
Haven't had a single nightmare in ages. I suspect it has something to do with being a lucid dreamer.

------------------
"The trick in life is not to find a way to make it perfect, it's to enjoy the good, strengthen your ability to deal with the bad, and keep your eyes looking forward to the good."
-Chelsea Brown
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-07-16, 2:13 AM #33
Whenever I have nightmares, it usually has this guy who for bizarre reason dubbed "Bob". He sort of looks like a clown but isn't. He's not a clown in the traditional sense (big red nose, brightly coloured outfit), he's just pale and wears a black skull cap and clothes.

I won't know I'm having a nightmare with this guy in it until I walk into a room or an area and I just get this feeling of dread and I turn around and he's there and he then kills me or someone from my family. I've only beaten him once when i was about 10 which was pretty cool.

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to going to bed tonight.

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-07-16, 2:42 AM #34
I haven't dreamt in ages... well, I probably have, I just can't remember any of 'em.

The ones I do remember seem to be relatively bizarre.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-16, 8:45 AM #35
I haven't had a nightmare since i was about 5. I do remember there was this weird woman who had a load of rings all over here, and she had elastic bands hung loosely around her and kept flicking them at me and my mum [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

Not quite sure why i found that scary, but its the most recent one i remember [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-07-16, 8:56 AM #36
Last nightmare I had when I was a small child .. Some of my friends from back then (older than me, used to kind of pick on me) were dressed in tights, high heels, and chinese dresses, and were chasing me around the parking lot of a chinese supermarket.

No joke, serious. That was my nightmare, and I was scared ****less.

(I used to go to chinese supermarkets quite a bit, and hated the smell and the people wearing those odd dresses).

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | » And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2004-07-16, 9:15 AM #37
the furries had guns

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-16, 9:42 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
the furries had guns

</font>

Hahahaha. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-07-16, 10:03 AM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
were you actually awake or asleep (thinking you were awake-- it happens al the time in dreams) when you saw this?

I've heard accounts of so-called 'shadow people." They're basically one of the strange things that people sometimes see for an instant out of the corner of their eye, or when you have that 'being watched" feeling when no one else is around. (something obviously is watching you, or else you wouldn't be feeling that way-- humans have that instinct for a reason). From the accounts i've read, they usually leave at the first sign of being noticed. They are usually described a darker-than dark silouhette that sometimes has red eyes.

What you described sounds like one. I've never seen one myself, so I don't know whether to really believe in it or not, but a lot of strange s*** goes on in this world, so i'm not willing to rule it out entirely.

</font>

The hypnagogic and hypnopompic states are the transition states between being awake and being asleep. When you are hypnagogic or hypnopompic, you can be fully aware of your surroundings. You can know you are on your bed, feel what position you are in, hear, and even see if your eyes are open. Hallucinations often happen during this time, and a common hallucination is the shadowy sinister presense which often appears to be sitting on the victim's chest.

A 'shadow person' is just a startling bit of movement in the peripheral vision that vanishes quickly. An incubus/hag/mare is a full-blown, terrifying hallucination.

------------------
MadQuack has a signature.
I'm just a little boy.
2004-07-16, 11:44 AM #40
I hate sleep parylissis. You know your sleeping, but it's like your trapped, bodyless in a black void. You can't feel your body or anything. I just consentrate all my thoughts on opening my eyes. If I didn't I'd be trapped in real time until I woke up hours later. It's realy hard to get rid of. And sometimes the second you go back to sleep your right back in it. Ugh. I often wake up in a sweat after being in one of those.

↑ Up to the top!