Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Avril Lavigne - Chop Suey!
Avril Lavigne - Chop Suey!
2007-04-04, 6:18 AM #41
Well that's just hax.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-04-04, 9:11 AM #42
Originally posted by Spook:
K.

So, anyway, in the real world, where Gerard Way cannot match a pitch to save his life and she can sing in key...

Good voice!=being able to sing.

Tone quality is seperate from being able to sing with pitch accuracy. Ask Bob Dylan. Who had a terrible voice but was a fair singer. I didn't say (well, I might have, but it wasn't what I meant) that she didn't get hacked up by protools. I was intending to say that she at least can sing unlike so many others.

You misunderstand me.

I'll make it in large text so you can understand a little better.

AVRIL LAVIGNE IS A HORRIBLE VOCALIST, AND A PRETEND MUSICIAN.
2007-04-04, 4:01 PM #43
I'm not even going to say what I'm saying again, because you guys pulled some **** out of thin air.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-04, 4:09 PM #44
She's a fake whore.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-04, 4:23 PM #45
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
How about a lounge version of Chop Suey?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/chopsueylounge

I like this version better than the actual song :P
一个大西瓜
2007-04-04, 4:38 PM #46
Originally posted by Antony:
She's a fake whore.

A virgin in disguise? :confused:
My blawgh.
2007-04-04, 4:39 PM #47
I think you're a little confused there.
nope.
2007-04-04, 5:52 PM #48
The :confused: does imply that much.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-04-04, 7:33 PM #49
Hahaha, Avril Lavigne's cover is so bad I bet it won a Grammy.
2007-04-04, 8:03 PM #50
I'm not even going to say what I'm saying again, because you guys pulled some **** out of thin air.

I am NOT pulling **** out of thin air.

(I don't get to say this often)

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ***. She is a horrible vocalist. IN EVERY CONTEXT OR POSSIBLE SENSE OF THE WORD. AND IS THE DEFINITION ON PROTOOLS MAGIC.
2007-04-04, 8:07 PM #51
Originally posted by Rob:
I am NOT pulling **** out of thin air.

(I don't get to say this often)

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ***. She is a horrible vocalist. IN EVERY CONTEXT OR POSSIBLE SENSE OF THE WORD. AND IS THE DEFINITION ON PROTOOLS MAGIC.

What are you talking about you say stuff like that all the time...

:colbert:
2007-04-04, 8:08 PM #52
Rob, however an ***, is 100% right. It's not a "music A is better than music B" or "Some people have different tastes." She's trying to be one thing, and she's not. If you enjoy the flavor "Not-Vanilla icecream" then I might understand. She moans out lyrics, sings generic rehashes of successful punk bands, and wears all of the merchandise for said bands. She's a poster punkster for all of the kids. She's not talented.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-04, 8:09 PM #53
Okay, again, I commented on NONE of that.
2007-04-04, 8:11 PM #54
She's as much punk and Vanilla Ice was hip-hop... maybe less.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-04, 8:17 PM #55
What are you talking about you say stuff like that all the time...

:colbert:

She cannot hold a real tone to save her live.

LISTEN TO HER MUSIC FOR MORE THAN 30 SECONDS. It is written around her lack of talent and inability to sing. Infact, that works to her advantage. Bad lyrics and retro-kitsch even worse punk singing are both very big in pop culture right now.

You aren't the buzzcocks, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, or The New York Dolls (okay so thats more glam). Stop trying so hard Avril. And for the love of god. LEARN HOW TO PRONOUNCE DAVID BOWIE'S NAME RIGHT YOU DUMB WHORE.
2007-04-04, 8:18 PM #56

LISTEN TO HER MUSIC FOR MORE THAN 30 SECONDS. It is written around her lack of talent and inability to sing. Infact, that works to her advantage. Bad lyrics and retro-kitsch even worse punk singing are both very big in pop culture right now.

You aren't the buzzcocks, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, or The New York Dolls (okay so thats more glam). Stop trying so hard Avril. And for the love of god. LEARN HOW TO PRONOUNCE DAVID BOWIE'S NAME RIGHT YOU DUMB WHORE.

Whatever. I think we both agree that she really shouldn't be lauded, well, at all.
2007-04-04, 8:22 PM #57

What about the "real punks" like Black Flag, The Germs, Minor Threat, The Misfits, The Dead Kennedys, and Bad Religion?
>>untie shoes
2007-04-04, 9:27 PM #58
Did you not see The Ramones, Sex Pistols, or The Clash in that post?

Thats about as real as it gets, seeing as how, you know, they sorta are the founders of the genre.
2007-04-04, 9:34 PM #59
Rob is right, but so is antony. Misfits, dead kennedy's, and bad religion belong in the real punk category along with all of Rob's, but not so much Black Flag, The Germs, Minor Threat.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-04-04, 9:35 PM #60
If you say so, Rob.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-04, 9:38 PM #61
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
Rob is right, but so is antony. Misfits, dead kennedy's, and bad religion belong in the real punk category along with all of Rob's, but not so much Black Flag, The Germs, Minor Threat.

Well yeah... Black Flag, The Germs, and Minor Threat are more "hardcore" punk... but they stand for the ideals of punk more than The Ramones, The Clash, etc...
>>untie shoes
2007-04-04, 9:42 PM #62

Where is Eversor when you actually need him?
2007-04-04, 9:59 PM #63
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Triumph/avril.jpg]

DEE DEE DEEE
2007-04-04, 11:37 PM #64
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;805149'][http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Triumph/avril.jpg]

DEE DEE DEEE

That. Is. Awesome.
2007-04-05, 12:17 AM #65
Who's the dude?
幻術
2007-04-05, 2:14 AM #66
Originally posted by Koobie:
Who's the dude?

A corporate suit puppet master chasing the dollars, obvoiusly.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-04-05, 6:44 AM #67
As much as I hate to say this, Rob > Bill.
nope.
2007-04-05, 12:15 PM #68
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
A corporate suit puppet master chasing the dollars, obvoiusly.

Yeah, music industry.

↑ Up to the top!