Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If you could ask a crippled/midget 5 questions...
If you could ask a crippled/midget 5 questions...
2007-04-03, 4:04 PM #1
What would they be?

(Serious questions. I need to use these. Make your funny ones 6-10 or whatever)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-03, 4:06 PM #2
How do you pee?
What is the hardest daily task for you to do?
What's your favorite type of food?
What part of Duluth do you live in?
Do you like long walks on the be......opps
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-04-03, 4:07 PM #3
Lets establish first why I would be talking to a cripplied midget.
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-04-03, 4:09 PM #4
Because... Kirby is a crippled midget. :downs:
2007-04-03, 4:12 PM #5
Why is "midget" so often considered derogatory, and why is "little people" any better? Is there a legitimate claim behind the desire to drop the term or is it just attention whoring?

How do you kiss a tall person? If your girlfriend isn't a midget, do you sit in her lap?

Is it creepy or weird?

Do you get thought of as a teddy bear in that situation?

Do you not like being thought of as a teddy bear?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-03, 4:13 PM #6
Do you think you could take Eric Cartman in a fight?
2007-04-03, 4:27 PM #7
Originally posted by petmc20:
How do you pee?

This will be answered with a video eventually. It seems to be the #1 question.

Quote:
What is the hardest daily task for you to do?

Depends on the day, but usually comes down to whiping or possibly changing out of swim trunks.

Quote:
What's your favorite type of food?

How is this related? Probably Zaru Soba. Possibly Poppers. Maybe spicy chicken wings. mmmm.

Quote:
What part of Duluth do you live in?

God damned stalker. I live on the hillside, near Coppertop.

Quote:
Do you like long walks on the be......opps

:-(

Originally posted by Emon:
Why is "midget" so often considered derogatory, and why is "little people" any better? Is there a legitimate claim behind the desire to drop the term or is it just attention whoring?

That's the EXACT reason I'm doing what I'm going to be doing. I am very much against PC, and I think it's what CAUSES the gap between people with disabilities and people without. Hell, I think it IS the gap. If you leave your house thinking you have a right to not be offended, you're in for a suprise.

Quote:
How do you kiss a tall person? If your girlfriend isn't a midget, do you sit in her lap?

We do it in all kinds of ways. Sometimes she sits on the floor and I sit in a chair so I seem bigger. Other times we just lie together. She's very flexible. I don't often sit on her lap because she's too tiny.

Quote:
Is it creepy or weird?

You get over it.

Quote:
Do you get thought of as a teddy bear in that situation?

Not really. I couldn't date someone if they did. Ew.

Quote:
Do you not like being thought of as a teddy bear?

Not at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Please ask more general questions that aren't SO specific to an individual. Feel free to ask them, but I need a handful of good "Do midgets..." Some people might answere some of these questions entirely different, and be as diverse as anyone else answering them.

Also, I'll tell you more about this project as it takes off. IF it takes off. I need your ideas!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-03, 4:36 PM #8
Do you mind people asking if you need help?
What is worse: being ignored or being stared at?

I only have two questions. I fail. :(
2007-04-03, 4:37 PM #9
Was it ever your dream to star as R2-D2? :v:

If I remember correctly, you can walk, but you have a powered chair. What's your limits on walking/moving in general?

In addition: how the hell do you manage stairs, especially at places that don't have elevators or ramps?

Do you/Can you drive? How does that work?
2007-04-03, 4:39 PM #10
Do you ever get depressed or angry due to the circumstances you have been dealt?
2007-04-03, 4:43 PM #11
EWOKS

I have one question for midgets:

Why do they care?

Hasn't anyone heard of Dwarf Priest? They can cast Fear Ward, the most awesomist ability ever.

(I do realize what people consider differences in dwarfs and midgets, and have intentionally used them interchangeably)

EDIT: I just thought of a few more questions.

Would you make a dwarf character in a video game?
Do you like Gimli?
Do you know who Shim is?
2007-04-03, 4:46 PM #12
Quote:

Jesus no.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-04-03, 5:31 PM #13
ok, first Id like to say that Im glad someone like Kirby is doing this. Everyone has questions about minority groups and its always difficult to ask since you dont want to offend. Im an average white male aged between 25-30 (27 actually) with slightly above average income so no one ever has questions about people like me.
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2007-04-03, 5:43 PM #14
If anyone were to call you a dwarf or gnome, would you get offended?

When playing wow (which I know you have in the past), you were ever tempted to play a gnome or dwarf?

What do you find more annoying - people who stare at you and/or making mean comments or people who try to be overly helpful and kind because of the condition you're in?
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-04-03, 5:50 PM #15
I agree that this is cool of Kirby as well. Any time a respectful, sincere open forum can be had is a good thing. So, here's my 5:

* Do you have to custom-order clothes or do you just shop the kids section?

* Do a lot of midgets go to midget conventions?

* Do midgets usually end up in certain types of jobs due to their physical characteristics, or is it as varied as each individual's personality?

* Do a great amount of midgets try to become actors?

* Do you feel a midget going into the acting business because of their physical uniqueness gives them an edge/niche, or is it an exploitation/mockery of the condition?
2007-04-03, 5:54 PM #16
Hmm...you should ask some of these questions to Stephen Hawking.
Back again
2007-04-03, 6:06 PM #17
1) Do you feel you have advantages as a crippled/midget that other people may not?

2) What's at least one thing you wish people would/wouldn't do or say that's specific to you being a crippled/midget?

3) If you could wish it true, what would be your ideal physical attributes for yourself (assuming you wish you WERE different, of course -- example being that a lot of people wish they were taller as one of their things)? Related question - what physical trait do you most envy?

4) Previous to this inquiry just now, what did you feel people were most ignorant about being a crippled/midget?

5) Do you think you have any role-models or something similar that inspired you (in relation to the context of questions at hand here)?
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-04-03, 6:13 PM #18
If there were 3 ways to get into a room: a ladder/chiminey/rope combination, a second story window, or a chainsaw used on the locked basement door, which would you attempt first?

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

Do you have a custom bar set up for pull-ups?

What's your fastest mile time running?

Do you exercise regularly, and if so, what is your routine.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2007-04-03, 6:33 PM #19
Originally posted by Run:
Do you mind people asking if you need help?

IF they ask for help, I don't mind. A lot of people don't, and they just make my life harder by trying really hard to help. It's often better for me to struggle and do something the way you want or need it done, than to have someone butt in and think they know what's best.

Quote:
What is worse: being ignored or being stared at?

By FAR being ignored.

Originally posted by Cool Matty:
If I remember correctly, you can walk, but you have a powered chair. What's your limits on walking/moving in general?

Currently I'm having more and more difficulty walking due to a recent diagnosis of arthritus. When I was in 4th or 5th grade, I could walk very easily. Every time I got a surgery though, I'd have to relearn how to walk. I used a walker for the longest time. Now I can use only a walker, and I'm a LOT slower.

Quote:
In addition: how the hell do you manage stairs, especially at places that don't have elevators or ramps?

Climb, or be carried. I'm only 90 pounds, and my upper body strength is pretty fantastic, so I can use that most of the times.

Quote:
Do you/Can you drive? How does that work?

I CAN drive (And have several times. I used to race old beat-em-ups at my grandpa's "race track") but am currently not able to get my license because it costs upwards to 40,000 dollars to get the kind of equipment I need. Insurence won't pay for it because I'm too "able bodied." They did an physical exam to show my ability. A reaction time response, a vision test, and a decision making test. I did better than the people testing me on all of them, thinking it was to prove I could operate a car. They claimed I was capable enough to use a car, so I shouldn't NEED adaptations. *******s.

Originally posted by Axis:
Do you ever get depressed or angry due to the circumstances you have been dealt?

Yes and no. It's become increasingly moreso now that I'm with someone. Having to share day to day life with someone else makes you VERY aware of your inability to function as she is used to from others. There are many physical things I'm unable to do for her (Like pick her up, or wrap my arms around her, perverts.) that really hurts to think about. Otherwise, I've become completely relaxed with the day to day.

Originally posted by Anovis:
Would you make a dwarf character in a video game?

I tend to be a mage-kind-of-guy. But I do REALLY like dwarf fighters now and then.

Quote:
Do you like Gimli?

He's funny?

Quote:
Do you know who Shim is?

No.

Originally posted by SavageX378:
If anyone were to call you a dwarf or gnome, would you get offended?

I have diastrophic dysplasia, or "dwarfism." I'm technically a dwarf. Gnome however is a silly term. Doesn't offend me, though. It'd offend me if someone meant it cruelly, because then I've got a problem with the person, not the word.

Quote:
When playing wow (which I know you have in the past), you were ever tempted to play a gnome or dwarf?

I never played a dwarf because their character models are ugly. Same for the gnomes. I was tempted to for all of the dwarf jokes I know, though.

Quote:
What do you find more annoying - people who stare at you and/or making mean comments or people who try to be overly helpful and kind because of the condition you're in?

The helpful and "HELLO THERE, MY NAME IS AMANDA! YES, A MA NDA" people are impossible.

Originally posted by Kievan Mereel:
* Do you have to custom-order clothes or do you just shop the kids section?

Yong man or adults. I tend to buy half-pants (Summer pants) and wear them for full pants, and wear boxers for pants. Shirts are larges in boys. I've begun to find more and more clothes that fit me. I'd LOVE to custom order clothes, but that's very very expensive. Dwarf companies have been started, but they fail fast for the amount of under-income dwarves that cant afford it, or because they try to offset prices, and go bankrupt. I have begun to make my own pants, though.

Quote:
* Do a lot of midgets go to midget conventions?

This is another major topic of my project. Yes, they do, and I find it disgusting. More on this in the future.

Quote:
* Do midgets usually end up in certain types of jobs due to their physical characteristics, or is it as varied as each individual's personality?

#1: Acting/showbusiness
#2: Public Relations
#3: Management
#4: Unemployment Checks
(These were from a report I read from 6 years ago)

Quote:
* Do a great amount of midgets try to become actors?

The largest percentage, if I recall.

Quote:
* Do you feel a midget going into the acting business because of their physical uniqueness gives them an edge/niche, or is it an exploitation/mockery of the condition?

I think it's a mockery, but I don't think it's exploitation. You willingly agree to be a midget stripper, midget wrestler, or manshow midget. The inability to get a job elsewhere is a sorry excuse. Life isn't fair, and if you don't want to be mocked for being different (Which is going to happen anyway) start learning PR or Management.

Originally posted by Gebohq:
1) Do you feel you have advantages as a crippled/midget that other people may not?

Very many. I get away with a number of things many other people wouldn't. I have many things pre-paid for me that most kids don't. I am also sometimes ignored when I'm part of a "bad people" party. People in general assume innocence of crippled people.

Quote:
2) What's at least one thing you wish people would/wouldn't do or say that's specific to you being a crippled/midget?

Being patted on the head is the most indignifying thing you can do to a dwarf. A dean from my old school patted me on the head EVERY TIME HE SAW ME. He acted like I was retarded when he did talk to me. Around other people, he's a stern faced *******. I finally turned to him one day after a head-patting and said "I'm going to start smacking your ***, princess." He stopped head patting. I apologized the next time I saw him because I'm weak.

Quote:
3) If you could wish it true, what would be your ideal physical attributes for yourself (assuming you wish you WERE different, of course -- example being that a lot of people wish they were taller as one of their things)? Related question - what physical trait do you most envy?

I'd probably be the most athletic 5'6" black man you've ever met. I'd also have very powerful, but articulate hands. I myself am very very good with my hands, however crippled they are, so I wouldn't want to lose that.

Quote:
4) Previous to this inquiry just now, what did you feel people were most ignorant about being a crippled/midget?

Yes. Very much. That's one of the reasons for this project.

Quote:
5) Do you think you have any role-models or something similar that inspired you (in relation to the context of questions at hand here)?

There were two rich dwarfes (Dwarfes for the real people, Dwarves for the mythical race) that spent a lot of money at my hospital. Otherwise, probably not, no. My major role-models were my parents and how they told me to hurry up and struggle with everything just like everyone else does, and deal with it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-03, 6:34 PM #20
1) What's up?
2007-04-03, 6:39 PM #21
Originally posted by Veger:
If there were 3 ways to get into a room: a ladder/chiminey/rope combination, a second story window, or a chainsaw used on the locked basement door, which would you attempt first?

Second story window, ladder, chainsaw. A good Minja makes no sound.

Quote:
If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

Only if there's a midget underneith.

Quote:
Do you have a custom bar set up for pull-ups?

No, I don't have the grip for it.

Quote:
What's your fastest mile time running?

I've never physically run a mile. My fastest manual standardized racing wheelchair time was something like 3.5 minutes. Don't quote me. I used to race, but not very competatively. It was a way to keep in shape.

Quote:
Do you exercise regularly, and if so, what is your routine.

I used to be a LOT more physical. I competed in weight lifting around the area. I bench pressed 300 lbs in 6th grade. I can only bench 95 currently. My massive physical change comes from my switch to a manual wheelchair to an electric. If you still don't believe me: How much weight can your legs lift? My arms had an even more proficient and hard-to-work movement in wheeling than your legs, and I used it twice as much.

My current regiment is an hour of laps in the pool followed by stretching, following by using two hands to curl, and then bench freeweights. Sometimes I run on a tredmill, but only if I'm at the crippled gym. I'm currently making a... thing? so I can treadmill at my school's gym.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-03, 7:00 PM #22
Do those "Must be this tall to ride" signs at amusement parks annoy the hell out of you? I hated those things with a passion when I was a kid.
2007-04-03, 7:07 PM #23
Originally posted by Joseph T:
Do those "Must be this tall to ride" signs at amusement parks annoy the hell out of you? I hated those things with a passion when I was a kid.

I can't ride those rides anyway due to neck injury. I'd love to, though. I bawled for 2 hours when the ONE ride I wanted to go on at Disney World, the ride we called ahead to ask if I would be able to, I couldn't. The Tower Of Terror was off limits to me entirely. I bawled and bawled and bawled.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-03, 7:42 PM #24
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I can't ride those rides anyway due to neck injury. I'd love to, though. I bawled for 2 hours when the ONE ride I wanted to go on at Disney World, the ride we called ahead to ask if I would be able to, I couldn't. The Tower Of Terror was off limits to me entirely. I bawled and bawled and bawled.

It's a shame that you went to the trouble of calling ahead and they wouldn't let you do it when you got there.

I can understand it, though. The car falls faster than gravity, and when I rode there was a small child (probably shouldn't have been riding) who I saw float, his parent(s) held him down. Probably not safe at all.
2007-04-03, 8:08 PM #25
In case you get involved in a brutal land battle, do you plan on encorporating serrated scythes into your wheelchair to bring unfathomable mutilation upon the legs and knees of the enemy army?
2007-04-03, 9:07 PM #26
Within reason, what would you suggest for architects trying to make buildings (interior and exterior) more accessible to midgets? When I say within reason, I mean that for obvious reasons every kitchen countertop can't be a foot and a half high, etc.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-03, 9:20 PM #27
teehee, i've gotten permission for kirby specific ones
:D

1. When are we hanging out next?

2. do you think more massassians should go to JSM this year >.>

3. What was your favorite feature of a wheelchair that you wish every single one of them had?

4. Has someone ever carried you in one of those baby-carrier backback things, yoda-style in recent years?

5. Can i please please please steal your chair this time?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-04-03, 9:31 PM #28
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Within reason, what would you suggest for architects trying to make buildings (interior and exterior) more accessible to midgets? When I say within reason, I mean that for obvious reasons every kitchen countertop can't be a foot and a half high, etc.

The major thing that helps is logical floor plans that have wide entrances, space between tables, and the like. It really isn't that hard to have a clear path to the front of a room.

Originally posted by genk:
1. When are we hanging out next?

I offered to hang out with you on two seperate occassions, ***. Maybe come film some for this project at the mall? I plan to ask this question to people in public.

Quote:
2. do you think more massassians should go to JSM this year >.>

All of them should. God dammit.

Quote:
3. What was your favorite feature of a wheelchair that you wish every single one of them had?

They're all so poorly made and illogically manufactured that I couldn't possibly think of a feature. Hydrolics, maybe? It's a multi-billion dollar industry of underdeveloped products. You'd think with the limited amount of purchases that they'd just make the goddamned things specific to each individual user. Instead they try to modify the standard for everyone. Saves them money, I guess? A sun/rain roof/top, the ability to install a radio, stereo, or other electronic devices, an easy means to swap out batteries, and better part supplies are some of the things they SHOULD have for 20,000+ dollars.

Quote:
4. Has someone ever carried you in one of those baby-carrier backback things, yoda-style in recent years?

They tried. Manbits == squished.

Quote:
5. Can i please please please steal your chair this time?

Let me repeat: 20,000 USD.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-03, 10:01 PM #29
oh i have one more question:

Why didnt u answer my question, it wus serious, it wis abot kiling ppl
2007-04-04, 6:30 AM #30
Do you ever feel like you can say things to people others could not and get away with it for being a midget? Im not saying you would, im sure your a nice guy, but do you ever think that if you really wanted to just be an *** that you could totally get away with it and nobody would call you on it cus your disabled? or do you shy away from intense arguments, for fear that you would not be able to defend yourself if some ******* actually did decide he would fight a midget? For that matter, if you and another midget were arguing and it got out of hand, would you kick his ***? Do you think that your unique view on life has given you any wisdom that would be usefull to the rest of us? has there ever been a time that you were really glad that you were a midget for some reason or another? do you have psychic powers? if tommorow morning they somehow came up with a "cure" for being a midget and you could suddenly be taller, would you take it? or has being a midget become a part of who you are? are there any pets you would be afraid to own being your size?
(\_/)
(o.o)
(")(")
The bunny sees all,
the bunny knows all,
the bunny is always watching.
2007-04-04, 6:39 AM #31
06) Will you do a barrel roll for me?

07) I can't stop that feeling. Can you?

08) How very wet could a midget get if a midget could get wet?

09) Nice shoes, wanna dance? Oh wait...

10) Can I make you my teddy bear?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-04-04, 7:40 AM #32
Willow or the dude from Alien: Resurrection?
2007-04-04, 10:32 AM #33
I wouldn't ask anything; I'd be too busy laughing, Cartman-style.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2007-04-04, 10:49 AM #34
How's the view down there?

2007-04-04, 11:04 AM #35
Do you become drunk easier than a non-hobbit-person?

How do you have sex with a non-hobbit-person?

Sorry if this question is inappropriate, but is your manwiener comparable to the rest of your body, or is it non-hobbit-size?
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2007-04-04, 1:08 PM #36
I've only read about half the thread so far, so feel free to skip if you already answered these.

What was one (the worst?) time when you really needed help, but there was nobody around to help?

Do all midgets have multiple health problems?

What's the average midget shoe size?

And a variation of one of Joker's questions: Take away any health problems, how would you feel about being a midget?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-04-04, 2:18 PM #37
Do you prefer the term Minja or Nidjet?
nope.
2007-04-04, 5:10 PM #38
Originally posted by JediKirby:

Aaaah. The piss-banking.

-I don't really have any questions, the memory just returned to me from nowhere as I was reading the thread.
2007-04-04, 5:12 PM #39
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen midget?

:D
2007-04-04, 5:36 PM #40
what are your thoughts on midget tossing?
would you ever participate in midget tossing?
how far could you toss a midget?
if i were to toss you would there be any aerodynamic advantages or disadvantages that could help/hinder your flight?
have you ever been offered a job in the adult entertainment industry?
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!