Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This is just retarded.
This is just retarded.
2007-04-06, 5:46 AM #1
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21513912-2703,00.html

I honestly do not know what Bush is hoping to gain by this.

12,000 more troops? And they're pulling from units that were promised a year home? Talk about Demoralizing.
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-04-06, 12:10 PM #2
It's so that when Iraq goes even more to hell, he can blame congress for cutting back funding for the war.
2007-04-06, 12:24 PM #3
The guy's gone insane. Impeach him.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-06, 1:43 PM #4
Originally posted by Freelancer:

America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-04-06, 1:49 PM #5

I totally agree. This has gone way too far. I agree we need a presence there, but he's gone completely nuts.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-04-06, 1:52 PM #6
Just catering to defense contractors and reconstruction companies. The more he destroys the more money they make. Create an artificial problem and then get paid to fix it.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2007-04-06, 1:56 PM #7
Originally posted by Zojombize:
Just catering to defense contractors and reconstruction companies. The more he destroys the more money they make. Create an artificial problem and then get paid to fix it.

And the neat thing is, the taxpayers are paying for the destruction part, so the companies rake in pure profit; they don't have to expend any money to do that part.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-06, 1:59 PM #8
:tinfoil:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-04-06, 1:59 PM #9
It's blatantly obvious, Wolfy.
2007-04-06, 2:01 PM #10
Originally posted by Wolfy:
:tinfoil:

You consider Dwight D. Eisenhower to be a fringe conspiracy theorist then?
2007-04-06, 2:07 PM #11
Where is Sine Noman when you need him.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-06, 2:19 PM #12

You do realize that to be impeached, you have to have done something criminally wrong.
2007-04-06, 2:21 PM #13
Apparently not.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-06, 2:34 PM #14
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
You do realize that to be impeached, you have to have done something criminally wrong.

If Bush has not done something criminally wrong during his presidency, then I'm Michael Jackson.
2007-04-06, 2:36 PM #15
You do realize that it takes more than speculation of motive to convict a person, right?
2007-04-06, 2:40 PM #16
Well I know for a fact it is illegal to detain and torture American Citizens without a trial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaser_Esam_Hamdi

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14936-2004Dec20.html
2007-04-06, 2:41 PM #17
Of course I do.

The majority of the country doesn't want Bush in office so why not impeach? This *is* a democracy. (Or maybe it isn't). Is true that Bush must commit a crime to be impeached? If this is really a democracy, we should be able to kick him out of office whenever we want.

And if we can't, isn't it true that those restrictions are just a bunch of bureaucratic bull**** that limits our political freedom?
2007-04-06, 2:42 PM #18
That's more of a problems with the laws/system, that a felony committed by one person.
2007-04-06, 2:45 PM #19
That's more of a problems with the laws/system, that a felony committed by one person.

I really don't understand. You mean to say that because multiple people were involved, and because most of them are government employees that it is not a criminal act?
2007-04-06, 3:13 PM #20
It's blatantly obvious, Wolfy.

It's blatantly obvious that Bush is secretly in league with construction companies? Can you actually provide evidence of this?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-04-06, 3:19 PM #21
Um. Cheney frickin' owns one.
2007-04-06, 3:27 PM #22
It's blatantly obvious that Bush is secretly in league with construction companies? Can you actually provide evidence of this?

If you knew how extensive civilian contracting/security was you wouldn't even be thinking twice about what he said.

My squad leader has pictures from the last time he was in Iraq of guys riding around in pickup trucks with backwards baseball hats and checkerboard vans, but carrying hi speed government M4s that our unit was promised but didn't get.

Hmm...

Also, WTF? This makes about as much sense as sending 12,000 more troo----

Well, I guess it's about the most nonsensical thing going right now...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-06, 3:35 PM #23
Yes, Free, a president has to commit a criminal offense in order to impeach him. The presidential term is only 4 years, and we can't have the american public going up in arms and booting a president out of office every time he does something unpopular. At least that would be my reasoning if I were a founding father. And since the majority apparently wanted re-elect him after his last term, we can't really say that the American public is behind it. This is why he never should have been re elected in the first place. I blame the public.

(and owning a construction company isn't a crime, so the courts really aren't going to be able to convict Bush and boot him out of office just because Cheney owns one)
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-04-06, 3:36 PM #24
Haha, that'd be awesome to be one of those corporate mercenary guys. You get to play with all the cool toys, you aren't restricted by a bunch of B.S. bureaucracy and crap, and you can basically just maraude around without regard for much of anything.
2007-04-06, 3:48 PM #25

Dick Cheney was the CEO of halliburton in the nineties. As of 2003 Halliburton has recieved reconstruction contracts worth 500 million due to the war in Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2950154.stm
2007-04-06, 4:35 PM #26
CONSPIRACY!
2007-04-06, 4:46 PM #27
I really don't understand. You mean to say that because multiple people were involved, and because most of them are government employees that it is not a criminal act?

Honestly, "illegal laws" are more in the stupid decision category. Remind me again, why didn't the Supreme Court shoot sown the patriot act? :confused:
2007-04-06, 4:47 PM #28
Haha, that'd be awesome to be one of those corporate mercenary guys. You get to play with all the cool toys, you aren't restricted by a bunch of B.S. bureaucracy and crap, and you can basically just maraude around without regard for much of anything.

Er...that's not true, those guys have more B.S. over them than the military does because the international community doesn't like the idea of civilians fighting wars. They're usually contracted by the government to transport and defend supplies or VIPs, beyond that, they are technically supposed to call in the military when fighting actually erupts and let them deal with the shooting.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-04-06, 6:14 PM #29
Originally posted by Roach:
Er...that's not true, those guys have more B.S. over them than the military does because the international community doesn't like the idea of civilians fighting wars. They're usually contracted by the government to transport and defend supplies or VIPs, beyond that, they are technically supposed to call in the military when fighting actually erupts and let them deal with the shooting.

Yeah like they did in Fallujah.

Ok sorry that was in REALLY bad taste.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-07, 12:04 AM #30
Honestly, "illegal laws" are more in the stupid decision category. Remind me again, why didn't the Supreme Court shoot sown the patriot act? :confused:

I really don't understand why you are trying to make some arbitrary distinction between making illegal stupid decisions and committing crimes. Wouldn't you also consider it a stupid decision to commit a regular felony?
2007-04-07, 12:08 AM #31
This thread is just retarded.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-04-07, 12:10 AM #32
I think I figured it out.

Bush is trying to mass troops here so that Nothing will happen.
Then he can say "Look what I did. I secured Iraq, nothing was going on."

That way when a Democrat gets into office and pulls our troops out, Iraq will go to hell and Bush will look redeemed because He "Secured" Iraq before leaving office.
2007-04-07, 12:12 AM #33
This thread is offensive to the mentally disabled

Also, it is gay

[http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/images/smilies/emot-tinfoil.gif]
2007-04-07, 12:44 AM #34
Finnsrtards,k?
2007-04-07, 1:18 AM #35
Four more years! :911:
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2007-04-07, 4:38 AM #36
Quote:
Political bias and general bull****ting

:hurr:
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-07, 8:05 AM #37
I really don't understand why you are trying to make some arbitrary distinction between making illegal stupid decisions and committing crimes. Wouldn't you also consider it a stupid decision to commit a regular felony?

Well, alright, but you'd have to impeach all of congress for passing the Bill too. Seriously as bad as the Patriot Act is, Presidents have done much worse in the past, and surprisingly often too.
2007-04-07, 8:16 AM #38
Well, alright, but you'd have to impeach all of congress for passing the Bill too. Seriously as bad as the Patriot Act is, Presidents have done much worse in the past, and surprisingly often too.

Consider the fact that the patriot act was passed as temporary legislation which was later ammended and is still in effect.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-07, 8:36 AM #39
If this is really a democracy, we should be able to kick him out of office whenever we want.
Check your history book. This isn't a democracy. It's a democratic *republic*. Quit your griping.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-07, 11:02 AM #40
Home of democracy my ***.

↑ Up to the top!