Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This is just retarded.
This is just retarded.
2007-04-07, 11:35 AM #41
Originally posted by Antony:
Consider the fact that the patriot act was passed as temporary legislation which was later ammended and is still in effect.

It took more than just the president to extend it.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-07, 11:37 AM #42
The Patriot Act makes me :psyduck:
2007-04-07, 11:38 AM #43
...A yellow duck with a headache?
2007-04-07, 11:39 AM #44
Tiberium_Empire makes me :psyduck:
2007-04-07, 11:44 AM #45
I reiterate my yellow duck question.
What the hell does it have do with anything?
2007-04-07, 11:47 AM #46
Go slam your head against a wall a few times. Then you'll understand.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-07, 11:57 AM #47
Originally posted by Avenger:
It took more than just the president to extend it.

Oh that's right... I forgot all of the falsified intelligence reports. That helped too.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-07, 12:05 PM #48
If we pull out, Iraq won't go to hell... It will just go to Iran.
2007-04-07, 12:47 PM #49
Which is as close to hell on earth as i can think of.
2007-04-07, 12:50 PM #50
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

You obviously know nothing about life in any country.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-07, 1:13 PM #51

:v:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-07, 2:05 PM #52
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Check your history book. This isn't a democracy. It's a democratic *republic*. Quit your griping.

Thank you! I hate anybody who thinks the US is a democracy. It's not, it's a Republic (representative based). Maybe people should learn what government systems are before criticizing them. (*COUGH*FREELANCER*COUGH). Apparently, they miraculously forget that there are these things called Senators, Governors, House Members, not just a huge dictatorship. See, there are people other than the President who put forward these bills. There are obviously around 50-60 people who vote for them and such. Why don't you criticize them? True the Pres has the final say, but he wouldn't have the final say if those people in Congress wouldn't vote something in anyway. If I remember correctly, that EVAL PATRIOT ACT was voted in by a majority in the first place (not just one person). Bush did not single-handedly start it. Presidents can't even write bills. He can propose a bill, but someone else has to do the writing.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-04-07, 2:19 PM #53
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Thank you! I hate anybody who thinks the US is a democracy.

So you hate president bush with all his bull**** about spreading democracy then? Seriously, how can you be mad at people who think this country is a democracy? It isn't one, but most all of our schools and political leaders call it one.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2007-04-07, 3:31 PM #54
bush is spreading democracy, not instituting a democratic government
2007-04-07, 10:14 PM #55
He calls this a democracy, though.

[QUOTE=George W. Bush]President Washington believed that the success of our democracy would also depend on the virtue of our citizens.[/QUOTE]
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2007-04-07, 11:36 PM #56
Quote:
He calls this a democracy, though.

he's wrong
2007-04-08, 12:01 AM #57
Damn you Americans are nuts.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-04-08, 12:04 AM #58
no just prosperous

(and therefore blind)
2007-04-08, 2:46 AM #59
Originally posted by Zojombize:
So you hate president bush with all his bull**** about spreading democracy then? Seriously, how can you be mad at people who think this country is a democracy? It isn't one, but most all of our schools and political leaders call it one.

Most of our schools and political leaders use "democracy" as shorthand for the general principles underlying our form of government. That's different from believing that the U.S. is an actual democracy.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-08, 10:32 AM #60

Iran is a beautiful country with a wonderful culture and terrible, terrible leaders. You are not funny and you are not smart.
2007-04-08, 4:20 PM #61

Huh?

That doesn't make any sense...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-08, 7:29 PM #62
Originally posted by Zojombize:

Lots of people say lots of things that aren't correct all the time.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!