Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New cell phone
New cell phone
2007-04-08, 10:05 AM #41
Originally posted by Spork:

It seems Ford Australia is almost as inept as Ford US - They produce probably their best platform ever with the BA, couple it with unquestionably their best engine ever with the Barra, yet design it so it cant be modified to left-hand-drive hence completely killing any export potential :saddowns:

I'm far more than willing to drive the wrong way ;) so I can have one of those! I love Ford sometimes, then I hate them.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2007-04-08, 11:00 AM #42
Originally posted by MBeggar:
EXPLAIN

I have a RAZR V3m and it pisses me off because I cant connect it to my computer.

Go to howardforums.com and look up V3m seem edits. You'll need a USB a to mini-b cable.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-04-08, 11:26 AM #43
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
yeah, the t309's pretty nice for a more basic phone.

And FCTuner, yeah, I just discovered that vibrate on sent message last night... It seriously vibrates for like 30 seconds straight. How'd you turn it off?

I'm not sure how familiar you are with editing a registry on a computer or not, but your phone has a Registry where many settings are saved, and can be set or modified. This includes some critical settings for the phone, so you will want to take some care while doing this, but it's a fairly simple process.

First you will need to download a registry editor for your phone. I use PHM RegEdit, which is completely free. You can find more information about it here, including some screen shots:

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

If you want to use this editor you can download it from there as well, you can install it on your phone using ActiveSync (which should have come with your phone). Or if you browse to the website I linked to using the MDA's IE browser you can download the application directly to your phone. You will want the Pocket PC 2002,2003 (ARM/PXA) Version if you download it on the phone. I have had some trouble getting the file to actually download on my phone a few times, but it usually works on the second or third try for me, but if you have any problems getting it let me know and I can find another link to download the file for you.

Once it is installed, open in and browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox

ONce there you need to create a new key/folder and call it Settings.
Once there you will need to create a new DWORD Value and call it SMSNoSentMsg and set the value to 1 (the default should be 0)

Once you do this you will need to soft-reset (ie. restart) your phone. You can do this by either pressing the button on the right side of your phone using the stylus (it's recessed into a hole) Or you can hold the power button on the top of the phone until the phone turns off, then press it again to turn the phone back on. Once it powers on you should be all set.

If you have any questions, or want to know of anything else you might want to change let me know, while I know i don't know everything, I know quite a bit because I spend a lot of time messing around with my phone. I've had to hard reset it once too lol.
2007-04-08, 10:33 PM #44
Thanks for the information, dude.. I'm trying it out now. I'll let you know if I run into trouble. (I'm fairly fluent in registry tasks, so it shouldn't be a problem, but then, I've never edited a registry for a phone before... :))
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-08, 10:49 PM #45
(k, that worked.. Excellent. Can the same be done for MMS? (I'd imagine it'd be MMSNoSentMsg to 1 instead of SMSNoSentMsg to 1?)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-09, 9:45 AM #46
[http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/06/19/nokia_1110i_1.jpg]

Except mine has Arabic writing instead of English and it's a pay-as-you-go kind of situatuon, But my buddy and me just discovered you can send texts with them!
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-04-09, 11:03 AM #47
(k, that worked.. Excellent. Can the same be done for MMS? (I'd imagine it'd be MMSNoSentMsg to 1 instead of SMSNoSentMsg to 1?)

I have not yet found a way to disable that notification, however; if you go to start, settings. then oen sounds & notifications, then switch to the notifications tab and select MMS: Sent you can uncheck the option to vibrate and uncheck the option to play a sound as well. You can't even do that with the SMS Sent notification.

I'll investigate further though. I think the setting may be different because when you send the mms message it tells you it is sending it as well.
2007-04-10, 1:02 PM #48
I have an MDA as well with windows mobile 6 :D yay!

waiting for the wing to come out to get that.

I have hookups though in t-mobile soo I get a lot of things.. for free >>
Mmmm.
2007-04-10, 1:04 PM #49

If you want any questions answered on your MDA please go to xda-developers.com and check out the forums there. :) Great place for information.
Mmmm.

↑ Up to the top!