Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Geraldo and O'Reilly
Geraldo and O'Reilly
2007-04-06, 10:36 PM #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhwwbNA3hjg&mode=related&search=
:colbert:
Back again
2007-04-06, 10:43 PM #2
LOL! !!!!

OMFG!!

For those who are wondering what's so funny, the funny doesn't start until about halfway through. :neckbeard:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-06, 10:45 PM #3
Bill O'Reilly looks like a plaster dummy when he's really mad :0
2007-04-06, 10:48 PM #4
I don't think I've ever seen anyone able to stand up to Bill before.. ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-06, 10:52 PM #5
I always knew Geraldo had it in him.
--
Does Rosie O' Donnell count?
Back again
2007-04-06, 10:58 PM #6
That just made me sad, and not because O'Reilly is such a nutcase.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-04-06, 11:03 PM #7
I like how they set aside their differences at the end to sing the praises of Fox News :v:

(maybe geraldo was fearing for his career)
2007-04-06, 11:28 PM #8
I'm split on this one. Geraldo is right that it wouldn't of been covered if he wasn't illegal. That's very true, and it's unfair to concentrate on that, I suppose, and not on all of those other deaths. So, I see his point. However, O'Reilly is damn straight that he should be gone. He's an illegal alien, got caught violating the law, he has no rights, he should be gone. But I suppose that makes me a racial bigot, according to all of the related videos on the site saying "GERALDO EXPOSES BILL O'REILLY AS A BIGOT". If bigotry is saying that someone 1. Is an illegal alien and 2. violated and infringed on american law, and therefore should be deported to his country of actual residency, then I don't understand what bigotry is I suppose.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-04-06, 11:31 PM #9
I think it's high time we move the focus back to how all network news is terrible. LONG LIVE THE INTERNET!
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2007-04-07, 12:15 AM #10
Originally posted by mscbuck:
He's an illegal alien, got caught violating the law, he has no rights, he should be gone.

Seriously, how can you say he has no rights because by chance, he happened to be born on the other side of some imaginary geographical line? Speaking only on a moral level, that is one really ****ed up belief.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2007-04-07, 12:29 AM #11
While I agree with you that it is stupid to treat people differently just because of where they were born, I don't think he should be given amnesty or anything like that. He should be deported. Giving illegal immigrants amnesty is a slap in the face to all of us legal immigrants who played by the rules and went through (or have parents that went through) the pain in the *** process of obtaining green cards and later becoming U.S. citizens.

Perhaps we should relax our immigration laws to give people chances to make a life in the U.S. and make some money to support their family when they can't do it in their country of origin, but we shouldn't give any amnesty to people who broke the laws and refuse to play by the rules.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-07, 12:43 AM #12
That was awesome. Muchos respect+ for Geraldo.
2007-04-07, 12:51 AM #13
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Giving illegal immigrants amnesty is a slap in the face to all of us legal immigrants who played by the rules and went through (or have parents that went through) the pain in the *** process of obtaining green cards and later becoming U.S. citizens.

Maybe I am missing something, but I have never seen those kind of people advocating for illegal immigrants to be deported.
2007-04-07, 12:54 AM #14
Well, I'm those kind I've people, and I advocate deportation of illegals.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-07, 12:57 AM #15
Originally posted by Nubs:
I think it's high time we move the focus back to how all network news is terrible. LONG LIVE THE INTERNET!

Yeah, information on the internet is way more reliable than on TV.
2007-04-07, 1:02 AM #16
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Well, I'm those kind I've people, and I advocate deportation of illegals.

Hmm interesting, first I've met. Out of curiosity, did you immigrate here or did your parents?
2007-04-07, 1:39 AM #17
I immigrated with my parents when I was 3.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-07, 2:28 AM #18
Illegal immigration is an issue, especially if they commit crimes, but christ...comparing illegal immigrants to child predators. That's just stupid.
D E A T H
2007-04-07, 2:38 AM #19
Illegal immigration is illegal. Illegal immigrants should be deported because it's the law.

Are immigration laws to strict? Should we allow more legal immigrants into the country? I say perhaps, but it's there for debate.

The problem is that these people appear to have difficulty distinguishing these two topics.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-04-07, 4:23 AM #20
Quote:
(maybe geraldo was fearing for his career)

You know that Geraldo and O'rielly are friends and are caught chumming it up together at press events all the time, right? Perhaps you could explain why Geraldo would fear for his career?

Oh, and it should go without saying : They are both right. This guy was picked up for DUI once before this. He should have been locked up for that, then deported. I've always thought the term 'Criminal Alien' would be better. People aren't illegal, acts are - and someone who breaks the law is criminal, not illegal. So breaking our immigration laws should make them criminal, not illegal.

And then there are those people who call you racist for suggesting he shouldn't be here. This isn't about Jose, the guy who lives in the apartment across from me and had to come here to work because the Mexican government is corrupt. This is about the guy who comes here then breaks our laws, or comes here and joins MS-13. Most illegal immigrants are "good people", and I've got no issue with them. But if they break our laws - such as by drunk driving - they should be gone.

I saw something on the news the other day about a group of people that made it from some South American country to Florida on a boat. The news casters were saying how they'd all be sent back. Then they said that 'Cubans get to stay because it is Cubans in power in Florida' and I just about screamed at the television. What a bunch of idiots. Cubans stay because we have a trade embargo on Cuba. They are political refugees. And the governor of Florida is ****ing Texan.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-07, 7:17 AM #21
Originally posted by Zojombize:
Hmm interesting, first I've met. Out of curiosity, did you immigrate here or did your parents?

He used the term "illegals." Illegal immigration is different from legal immigration, wouldn't you agree?
2007-04-07, 7:32 AM #22
The funniest part was when Geraldo yells out, "Let's calm down" and O'Reilly's voice kinda dropped and said, "I'll give you the last word." Geraldo's voice drops and you hear "ok."

No flying chairs, though, so overall, just a 5 out of 10.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-04-07, 9:29 AM #23
Hahaha. Oh man, Fox 'News' is such fantastic entertainment.

A similar example of repeatedly focussing on irrelevancies is Michael Howard on Newsnight, as shown in this charming video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BklT7Qy07Is
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2007-04-07, 10:47 AM #24
Mort-hog whats the name of that piano song on the Youtube video?
Back again
2007-04-07, 10:54 AM #25
Originally posted by KnobZ2:
He used the term "illegals." Illegal immigration is different from legal immigration, wouldn't you agree?

Uhh... yeah, I was just saying that all of the legal immigrants I have met up to now have not been in favor of deporting illegal immigrants.
2007-04-07, 11:21 AM #26
Is it possible to deport O'Reilly and Rivera instead?

Zojombize, I'm surprised by that. In my experience legal immigrants are some of the biggest opponents of amnesty for illegal immigrants.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-07, 2:14 PM #27
Seriously, how can you say he has no rights because by chance, he happened to be born on the other side of some imaginary geographical line? Speaking only on a moral level, that is one really ****ed up belief.

Wow, I never knew American laws were part of human natural law :rolleyes:

He has no rights as an American citizen. An immigrant accepts the laws when he becomes a citizen (legally). This man was not a citizen. He violated American Law. He has no rights, as provided by the Constitution, to be treated under American law. He should be gone

2007-04-07, 2:22 PM #28
I have a little more respect for Geraldo today
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-04-07, 2:42 PM #29
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Is it possible to deport O'Reilly and Rivera instead?

Well, until they cause the death of someone (like the man in this story), I doubt that's a valid option.

They both made good points, I don't see what all the hubup is about.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-04-07, 2:56 PM #30
The hubup is all about the hubuper's own political bias.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-07, 4:06 PM #31
Wow, I never knew American laws were part of human natural law :rolleyes:

"Speaking only on a moral level" means I wasn't talking about legalities at all.

An immigrant accepts the laws when he becomes a citizen (legally).

Not really, I mean not if you subscribe to the deceleration of independence at all.
2007-04-07, 4:08 PM #32
The Declaration of Independence is not a legal-binding document.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-04-07, 4:12 PM #33
So legally we are not an independent nation?
2007-04-07, 4:15 PM #34
Oh...my..god....I can't believe you just said that...

You think the Declaration of Independence is the Constitution? Oh my god you are the most retarded person on the face of the Earth. I really hope you don't live in America so that your mistake can be 10% understandable rather than 5%.

2007-04-07, 4:18 PM #35
"Speaking only on a moral level" means I wasn't talking about legalities at all.

Not really, I mean not if you subscribe to the deceleration of independence at all.

So, given your line of reasoning, the Mexican guy was protesting King George III's tax policies? WHEN WILL IT END?!?
2007-04-07, 4:23 PM #36
Oh...my..god....I can't believe you just said that...

You think the Declaration of Independence is the Constitution? Oh my god you are the most retarded person on the face of the Earth. I really hope you don't live in America so that your mistake can be 10% understandable rather than 5%.

Yeah, you'd have to be insane to put any value upon the document that founded this entire country. Thats retarded.

Originally posted by Nubs:
So, given your line of reasoning, the Mexican guy was protesting King George III's tax policies? WHEN WILL IT END?!?

Not really, just trying to illustrate that the idea of someone being forced to accept all law is pretty ridiculous. Maybe I misinterpret the use of the word accept.
2007-04-07, 4:28 PM #37
the declaration of independance is a legal document in what court of law? britain?
2007-04-07, 4:29 PM #38
I think you are missing the point that the Constitution is an entirely different document from the Declaration. The Declaration was declaring that we were separate from England, that's it. That's all it did. There were no laws in it, nothing in it. The Constitution (well, first the Articles of Confederation, then the Constitution) is what TRULY founded America, and is the document that actually houses American Law. All the amendments and the processes by which this very nation runs. THE PREAMBLE OF THE CONSTITUTION ARE WHERE RIGHTS ARE DECLARED, NOT THE DECLARATION! JESUS CHRIST! This man, because he is NOT an American citizen, is NOT entitled to anything in this document by which everything is in accordance too. This man infringed on the natural rights (life, specifically) that are guaranteed to American citizens, and he should be punished for it god damnit! It doesn't matter if the world should be one happy place where everyone is treated as a citizen of everywhere! Americans made these rights, guaranteed to protect them for American citizens. When they are infringed upon, the person should be punished for it.

2007-04-07, 4:32 PM #39
PPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPSSSSS!!!!!!!
2007-04-07, 4:37 PM #40
I think you are missing the point that the Constitution is an entirely different document from the Declaration. The Declaration was declaring that we were separate from England, that's it. That's all it did. There were no laws in it, nothing in it. The Constitution (well, first the Articles of Confederation, then the Constitution) is what TRULY founded America, and is the document that actually houses American Law. All the amendments and the processes by which this very nation runs. THE PREAMBLE OF THE CONSTITUTION ARE WHERE RIGHTS ARE DECLARED, NOT THE DECLARATION! JESUS CHRIST! This man, because he is NOT an American citizen, is NOT entitled to anything in this document by which everything is in accordance too. This man infringed on the natural rights (life, specifically) that are guaranteed to American citizens, and he should be punished for it god damnit!

Relax man, you misinterpret me entirely. I know that the declaration of independence does not dictate the laws here and I really don't care. I simply presumed that you might have some respect for the ideas put forth in it.

This is why I tried to start this discussion by talking solely on a moral level. I am more concerned with your actual beliefs than your interpretation of laws.

↑ Up to the top!