Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Geraldo and O'Reilly
Geraldo and O'Reilly
2007-04-07, 4:38 PM #41
what laws

in what court of law
2007-04-07, 5:02 PM #42
Originally posted by mscbuck:
The Declaration was declaring that we were separate from England, that's it. That's all it did. There were no laws in it, nothing in it.

I don't know I think it put forth a little more than just "we are separate from England"

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

That in particular I think, has value.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2007-04-07, 5:08 PM #43
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Oh...my..god....I can't believe you just said that...

You think the Declaration of Independence is the Constitution? Oh my god you are the most retarded person on the face of the Earth. I really hope you don't live in America so that your mistake can be 10% understandable rather than 5%.

To be fair, I really had no idea what either the American Declaration of Independence or the American Constitution actually said, or the difference between them, until fairly recently. It's not exactly something we ever covered in history classes.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2007-04-07, 5:16 PM #44
The point is that ORILLY? is trying to make this a story when it isn't. He's most certainly a bigot. I don't think deporting this guy is such a bad idea, but O'Reilly is just trying to make a point.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-07, 5:18 PM #45
do you know who oreilly is? how can this be a suprise
2007-04-07, 5:49 PM #46
THIS VIDEO REMINDS ME HOW MUCH I LOVE ARGUIGN IN CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2007-04-07, 8:46 PM #47
That was kind of stupid. It was just a shouting match.

The issue really wasn't about illegal immigrants though. Getting rid of illegals won't help drunk driving deaths anymore than depleting the population in another manner might.

Just because it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been deported means nothing. A citizen drunk driver may not have killed someone if he'd been dealt with more harshly too. The issue isn't tied to the legality of the drunk's citizenship.

Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
To be fair, I really had no idea what either the American Declaration of Independence or the American Constitution actually said, or the difference between them, until fairly recently. It's not exactly something we ever covered in history classes.
:eek:
2007-04-07, 8:55 PM #48
Mort-Hog isn't from this nation (right?). Therefore it wouldn't be a pressing thing to learn in his nation.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-04-07, 9:57 PM #49
I really dont get the whole issue.

Aren't all Americans [Not natives] from England and other european countries?
Also isn't america supposed to be a shining beacon of Democracy and Justice and other stuff in which people would immigrate to and start a new life?

[I'm editing this part out because you are going to incite a gross flame war. This is completely untrue. As someone who lives not more than 1 hour from the border, if there were rampant shootings at the border between San Diego/Mexico I would most definitely hear about it.]
2007-04-07, 9:59 PM #50
The hell? No one is shooting "random poor imigrants" at our borders.

imsoshort, please stop posting without giving any thought.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-07, 10:07 PM #51
Well, there is a group of armed vigilantes patrolling the border.
2007-04-07, 10:28 PM #52
Yes there are. It's a large country border after all. Yes there have been issues and violent disputes over there. But Tiberium_Empire making it like people are getting slaughtered down there.

He also states that "also isn't america supposed to be a shining beacon of Democracy and Justice and other stuff in which people would immigrate to and start a new life?" My father is an immigration lawyer who helped immigrate people to the US for 25+ years. A good majority of them do have good lives within this country, opening small businesses, getting an education, finding decent employment and so forth. Alot of the immigrants, later, do become good US citizens, or atleast provide for their family back in their country. Sure, a good handful are known to have struggles and some get in trouble with the law but to say that immigrants, like in Tiberium_Empire's post, are violently shunned out of the American society is ridiculous. It seems like a these unfortunate stories about some illegal immigrants put a dark cloud over what good US immigration had to offer to those who enter in our country.
2007-04-07, 10:52 PM #53
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Giving illegal immigrants amnesty is a slap in the face to all of us legal immigrants who played by the rules and went through (or have parents that went through) the pain in the *** process of obtaining green cards and later becoming U.S. citizens.

Perhaps we should relax our immigration laws to give people chances to make a life in the U.S. and make some money to support their family when they can't do it in their country of origin, but we shouldn't give any amnesty to people who broke the laws and refuse to play by the rules.

thank you, thank you, thank you! finally someone gets it!
seriously, it is such crap that illegal immigrants are allowed to stay while people who are struggling to come here legally are not even allowed in sometimes. i personally know several families from china where, the wives and children were allowed over but the fathers have been waiting over TEN YEARS to be able to join their families.

Originally posted by Zojombize:
Well, there is a group of armed vigilantes patrolling the border.

wow... armed with what cell phones and binoculars? or are you talking about the armed drug smugglers and sometimes even Mexican troops who violate our borders?

honestly i don't have a problem with the individuals who come here illegally, i understand they are trying to create a better life for themselves and their families, and honestly if i were in their shoes i would probably do the same. however we have immigration regulations set up for a reason, those rules need to be followed.

also: there is some relevancy to this guys immigration status in what happened. you have a guy who is over here away from his family, his life basically consists of working, often hard manual labor. and getting together with a few friends and drinking. not to mention he is coming from a culture where a big measure of manhood is how much you can drink.

I'm not saying legal citizens don't kill anyone driving drunk. however the guys circumstances and the culture he is coming from to make a difference when taken into account. also simply put, he was not supposed to be here, if he was not here this would not have happened. period.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-04-08, 12:22 PM #54
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
That was kind of stupid. It was just a shouting match.

The issue really wasn't about illegal immigrants though. Getting rid of illegals won't help drunk driving deaths anymore than depleting the population in another manner might.

Just because it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been deported means nothing. A citizen drunk driver may not have killed someone if he'd been dealt with more harshly too. The issue isn't tied to the legality of the drunk's citizenship.

:eek:

Obi just said everything I was going to say.

What the hell are the odds of that?
2007-04-08, 1:40 PM #55
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Mort-Hog isn't from this nation (right?). Therefore it wouldn't be a pressing thing to learn in his nation.

Ahh, I didn't think of that. That would make a lot more sense.
2007-04-08, 2:25 PM #56
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
wow... armed with what cell phones and binoculars? or are you talking about the armed drug smugglers and sometimes even Mexican troops who violate our borders?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/03/30/national/a112643S77.DTL
2007-04-08, 5:25 PM #57
[url]
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/03/30/national/a112643S77.DTL
[/url]

ok. that is frickin annoying, find me one credible source with details about an actual incident where a member of the minute-man project actually shot an immigrant in a border confrontation. you might want to look for something a little more recent than 95. there have been a handful of minor incidents at day laborer sites or at events where Jim Gilchrist was speaking. but you just sound like your hate mongering.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-04-08, 11:07 PM #58
ok. that is frickin annoying, find me one credible source with details about an actual incident where a member of the minute-man project actually shot an immigrant in a border confrontation. you might want to look for something a little more recent than 95. there have been a handful of minor incidents at day laborer sites or at events where Jim Gilchrist was speaking. but you just sound like your hate mongering.

I never said anyone got shot, just that they were armed. Geraldo even mentioned that in the original video. Also that article is from 2005, not 1995.

But anyway, heres some more if you really need them.

http://www.indypendent.org/?p=349

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263282,00.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/30/national/main684121.shtml

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051001/minutemen_border_051001/20051001

Wait how was I hate mongering? I didn't even post any text. Just a link to an article that mentioned the "minutemen" being armed.
2007-04-09, 3:18 AM #59
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17974717/
2007-04-09, 4:23 AM #60
Everyone : "Oh oh that's a federal job oh oh it's not out fault!"
O'rielly : "You don't have to deport him, you just had to call ICE and tell them he was there! That IS your job!"

Yeah. As usual, O'rielly is absolutely right, but none of you will listen to it just because it's O'rielly saying it.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-09, 4:28 AM #61
Someone had to do it.
Attachment: 15974/orly-43441.jpg (14,777 bytes)
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-09, 12:23 PM #62
Wait how was I hate mongering? I didn't even post any text. Just a link to an article that mentioned the "minutemen" being armed.

i think an apology may be in order, your right, so i apologize. there are, SOME of the minutemen guys do are armed. however, this is almost irrelevant, none of them have shot at any immigrants as far as i am aware of, in fact quite to the contrary, most, if not all of the violence on the border has come from the Mexican side. sorry bout the hate mongering comment as well, i just get sick of people touting the "armed vigilante" bit. again i'm not saying that illegal immigrants are all horrible people, because they are not. they do however need to wait just like everyone else is having to do.
2007-04-09, 12:39 PM #63
Originally posted by Isuwen:
O'rielly : "You don't have to deport him, you just had to call ICE and tell them he was there! That IS your job!"

Yeah. As usual, O'rielly is absolutely right, but none of you will listen to it just because it's O'rielly saying it.

Right....
>>untie shoes
2007-04-09, 12:43 PM #64
Actually, yeah. He is right.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-09, 12:46 PM #65
He may be right but he still goes about stating his views like a giant douche bag.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-09, 12:52 PM #66
No argument from me on that.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-09, 12:53 PM #67
O'Reilly is much more reasonable and well-spoken when he isn't on his show.
2007-04-09, 3:43 PM #68
Yeah, he's a completely different person when he's making the rounds on the late night shows and so on.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-09, 3:59 PM #69
ok. that is frickin annoying, find me one credible source with details about an actual incident where a member of the minute-man project actually shot an immigrant in a border confrontation

Ask Tiberium_Empire about this, seeing that he is well informed about the slaughtering of illegal immigrants in a country he doesn't live in... Well, ask him when he isn't banned.
2007-04-09, 4:24 PM #70
Originally posted by Isuwen:

Sure he was right, but it would have helped enormously if he was also right about something that related to the topic.
2007-04-09, 4:30 PM #71
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Aren't all Americans [Not natives] from England and other european countries?
Also isn't america supposed to be a shining beacon of Democracy and Justice and other stuff in which people would immigrate to and start a new life?

Just bringing these up to support the following statement:

imsoshort is pretty much the living incarnation of the Massassi short bus.
2007-04-09, 4:53 PM #72
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Just bringing these up to support the following statement:

imsoshort is pretty much the living incarnation of the Massassi short bus.

What? Doesn't that include the Chinese and Black people?
>>untie shoes
2007-04-09, 6:01 PM #73
Originally posted by Antony:
What? Doesn't that include the Chinese and Black people?

He lives in Canada, doesn't he? And he doesn't notice how many Chinese immigrants we have here? Why would he think that they'd only be in Canada?

There are no words.
2007-04-09, 6:20 PM #74
I was meaning he probably thinks "Chinese" (meaning Asian) and Black people come from Europe too.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!