Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wish you were here.... :P
Wish you were here.... :P
2007-04-27, 11:15 AM #41
Originally posted by JorBo:
Pretty good. We only got blown up once. It's hot as hell right now though and it's only gonna get hotter.

Sounds like a party :awesome:

BTW, I can't quite tell on that pic of you dropping the mortar rounds, do you have side sapis? If so, are they a real pain in the *** or not that bad? My unit doesn't even have sapis for all of us for training, let alone side ones. Are you using esapis or regular ones? STill using the interceptor OTV or do you have the fancy RAV one?

My flak still has "tikrit P.D." written on it from when the last guy took it to Iraq during OIF 1, so I'm kind of excited to get a new one, the thing still has bloodstains on the back and smells like pork rib MRE all the time.

Take Care...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-27, 11:54 AM #42
See, you two men are Massassian soldiers that I can genuinely respect.
nope.
2007-04-27, 2:22 PM #43
These are boring pictures, I wanna see some action shots from Fallujah with Jorbo capturing a bad guy, shocking his balls with a battery, and asking "WHO DOES NUMBER 2 WORK FOR?"
2007-04-27, 2:44 PM #44
Quote:
the thing still has bloodstains on the back and smells like pork rib MRE all the time.

:eek: Did some guy die and they gave you his flak vest?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-04-27, 2:47 PM #45
Duo is gay cause he wants ball shots.
Also- The MBS now has a pair of ACTUAL soldiers! Woo!
2007-04-27, 2:48 PM #46
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Duo is gay cause he wants ball shots.
Also- The MBS now has a pair of ACTUAL soldiers! Woo!

And it looks like we shouldn't have to deal with Tiberium Empire for another 3 days or so....
>>untie shoes
2007-04-27, 2:57 PM #47
Originally posted by Antony:
And it looks like we shouldn't have to deal with Tiberium Empire for another 3 days or so....

Try 21 since it's the 2nd time I've had to ban him for it. :downswords:
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-04-27, 3:14 PM #48
Hahahahahaha YES!
>>untie shoes
2007-04-27, 3:17 PM #49
I love Yecti.
nope.
2007-04-27, 3:21 PM #50
Originally posted by Tracer:
:eek: Did some guy die and they gave you his flak vest?

The story I heard was that some other guy got shot in the face and whoever had my vest (Corporal Smith, IIRC, which doesn't really narrow it down because we have four in our unit as it is, haha) was carrying him over his shoulder and got blood on the vest. I've gotten most of it out with cleaners but it's still dark enough that if I star at it, it creeps me out.

And Baconfish, I'm a Marine!

In other news we're having a going away party for TE...
2007-04-27, 3:23 PM #51
Ok then, Military Men. :P
nope.
2007-04-27, 3:25 PM #52
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Ok then, Military Men. :P

:awesome: Haha.

You know Brian was a sniper in Vietnam right? Yeah, that's why we never see his arms, cus he has tally marks tattooed on his arms.

That's why Massassi is green so he can hide in the background and shoot you in the face!
2007-04-27, 3:26 PM #53
Originally posted by Spook:
The story I heard was that some other guy got shot in the face and whoever had my vest (Corporal Smith, IIRC, which doesn't really narrow it down because we have four in our unit as it is, haha) was carrying him over his shoulder and got blood on the vest. I've gotten most of it out with cleaners but it's still dark enough that if I star at it, it creeps me out.

And Baconfish, I'm a Marine!

In other news we're having a going away party for TE...

Oh a marine.... Try to not come back to the world all crazy and such.

I've seen that happen to a few too many friends.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-27, 3:28 PM #54
Originally posted by Spook:
:awesome: Haha.

You know Brian was a sniper in Vietnam right? Yeah, that's why we never see his arms, cus he has tally marks tattooed on his arms.

That's why Massassi is green so he can hide in the background and shoot you in the face!

Nuh uh he was in the air force....I think :eek:
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2007-04-27, 3:36 PM #55
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Nuh uh he was in the air force....I think :eek:

It was a play on the Mr. Rogers myth. I still suspect Brian was a secret agent of some sort.

Antony, I've already come off active duty once, I'm in the Reserves basically sitting around waiting for my unit to go to Iraq (we're doing a month of training in an exotic country in a few days, I'll try to have cool pictures). It's not a lot of fun switching "back to the world" as it were.

But I know more people who can deal with PTSD, shell shock, funny brain, whatever you call it, than those who are debilitated by it. I'm hoping I can not only be one of the former, but help my friends who are going to inevitably be part of the latter when all is said and done.

Ever seen Harsh Times? I figure, as long as I don't look like Christian Bale I'll be fine.
2007-04-27, 3:40 PM #56
I'd say a worse thing you could hope to avoid is being Tom Cruise from Born on the Forth of July.

Come back in one piece. And hopefully, you won't have to go back if congress can get some kind of sensible withdraw plan drafted so our idiot president will not veto it.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-27, 4:01 PM #57
Yeah I don't look too much like Tom Cruise either. I'm prettier.

I should be okay. :D

Anyway, I wonder what JorBo is up to ATM...
2007-04-27, 4:10 PM #58
He's probably sleeping.

Or blowing stuff up.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-27, 4:12 PM #59
It is like 3:00 in the morning there, isn't it...
2007-04-27, 4:13 PM #60
That sounds like a good time to be blowing stuff up to me.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-27, 11:46 PM #61
Well photobucket still hates me.
We all have the side front and back esapis. The side plates really aren't as bad as I thought they would be when I heard we were getting them. They still don't make the armor weigh as much as all the ammo I have to carry. We're still using the Interceptor II that we had last time we were here.
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. - Robert E. Lee
2007-04-27, 11:52 PM #62
I miss you bro :P
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2007-05-10, 3:53 PM #63
Holy thread rez batman! I got my internetz to upload finaly.

Those wooden bunks behind me are where we sleep when we're at the PB. I remember that question being asked somewhere.
Attachment: 16246/Iraq 071.jpg (136,255 bytes)
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. - Robert E. Lee
2007-05-10, 8:49 PM #64
I just found out that a guy I know died in Iraq today.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-05-10, 8:57 PM #65
Did your fingers get blown off?!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-11, 1:32 AM #66
Originally posted by Tracer:
Did your fingers get blown off?!

His expression clearly is that of a man who lost his finger yet accepts that as a possible consequence of warring.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-05-11, 1:35 AM #67
Um are you guys really that dumb?

Two in the pink, one in the stink
2007-05-11, 2:19 AM #68
Haha, and Vinny goes on to educate people of the "shocker."
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-05-11, 7:11 AM #69
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Um are you guys really that dumb?

We just play dumb because we know you like dumb guys best.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS

↑ Up to the top!