Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Heroes
Heroes
2007-04-23, 6:52 PM #1
SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER SPOILER BUFFER

Woo.

Peter died! OMG!

Isac died for real. :(
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-23, 7:07 PM #2
Those spoiler tags do NOT work when you scroll over the topic... :argh:

I'm on the west coast here.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-04-23, 7:14 PM #3
Nooooooo! Why oh why did I hover over the topic:gonk:
2007-04-23, 7:14 PM #4
Only four more episodes? :(
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-04-23, 7:14 PM #5
ignore... ignore.. ignore... RUN AWAY!!!

MUST NOT KNOW
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-23, 7:15 PM #6
So Claire is the only smart one, huh? "Hey, he can heal, let's pull the massive glass dagger out of his head" :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-04-23, 8:14 PM #7
I missed it. What happened with Hiro?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-04-23, 8:16 PM #8
God dammit! I was told that 18 was the last of the season, so I hovered over the spoilers without a second thought! :argh:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-23, 10:59 PM #9
I dont understand why Suresh didn't kill Sylar while he was LAYING UNCONSCIOUS ON THE FLOOR OF HIS APARTMENT
2007-04-24, 12:43 AM #10
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
I missed it. What happened with Hiro?

Lets just say he... found himself.
2007-04-24, 6:46 AM #11
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
I dont understand why Suresh didn't kill Sylar while he was LAYING UNCONSCIOUS ON THE FLOOR OF HIS APARTMENT

Same. :wtc:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-04-24, 8:28 AM #12
I'm so very confused by all of this.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-24, 11:12 AM #13
I'm not putting spoiler tags, eff it.

Awesome awesome Heroes. I saw the whole Claire pulling the glass out of his head coming from a mile away, still quite awesome though.

Also, does anyone else think Linderman is beginning to someone you just can't tell about?
D E A T H
2007-04-24, 11:43 AM #14
Personally, I think Linderman is going to betray them all in order to wipe out the Borderworlds. "The price of freedom", and all that.
2007-04-24, 11:49 AM #15
I just want to know what Mrs. Petrelli's power is.

(Also, where does the "banshee" voice come from? Both Sylar and Peter have it.)
2007-04-24, 2:46 PM #16
banshee voice? Huh?
D E A T H
2007-04-24, 2:56 PM #17
That's the girl who shot herself in the head's power. The one who was 'persuasive'. I don't recall if Peter had contact with her. Sylar may have been able to gain some of it from the remains of her splattered brains. His version doesn't seem to work very well.

But, please enlighten. When did Peter use this power? I don't seem to recall him having it.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-24, 3:06 PM #18
I don't recall peter having it, but he does now. Anytime he sees a power he can use it.
D E A T H
2007-04-24, 3:29 PM #19
How does Sylar gain powers? Does he actually have a power like Peter? Since when does eating brains change your DNA?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-24, 3:53 PM #20
We're talking about superpowers, I'm thinking he's special with the brain eating. Peter just sees a power and can use it.

Note: Ted's on his way to New York, they first thought he was the one who would go nuclear, Peter can't control powers when he first sees them. Coincidence?
D E A T H
2007-04-24, 4:02 PM #21
Um, they've been implying for months that explosion would be Peter losing control of Ted's power (though they've also suggested it might be him just losing control of the powers in general). There's been massive amounts of foreshadowing. Peter was even going to go to Nevada the same time as Ted was there, they've almost been in the same place quite a few times.

That being said, it could all be a big red herring and the real cause could be something unexpected.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-04-24, 4:16 PM #22
True, but I've never seen any allusion to it being Peter losing control of Ted's powers yet. Maybe I missed it.

But I think that the mother's power has something very important to do with the explosion, though I'm not sure how yet.
D E A T H
2007-04-24, 5:42 PM #23
You see him explode in some episodes.
2007-04-24, 5:49 PM #24
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
True, but I've never seen any allusion to it being Peter losing control of Ted's powers yet. Maybe I missed it.

But I think that the mother's power has something very important to do with the explosion, though I'm not sure how yet.

In one of the post-Christmas episodes Peter is having his nightmare about blowing up New York, but before he blows up he says to Nathan "I took his power Nathan! I cant control it!" then Nathan says something like "It's okay, I'm gonna take care of you" and then Peter blows up, and I believe he wakes up from his coma after that.

I think the "banshee" power he's talking about is when Sylar's voice goes all deep and weird. I dont know that it's a power so much as something for dramatic effect. He's not even telling the person to do anything when he does it, so I doubt it's any part of Eden's power.
2007-04-24, 6:14 PM #25
Except when he told Isac to show him what he knows about Sylar's future like what's-her-name would have.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-04-24, 6:42 PM #26
Originally posted by Roach:
Except when he told Isac to show him what he knows about Sylar's future like what's-her-name would have.

And Isaac immediately looks at his gun.
2007-04-24, 6:50 PM #27
Right, which seems to me like he didn't get the full ability from her scrambled brains.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-04-24, 7:06 PM #28
Or he didn't get the ability at all.

I mean really, he used that same voice earlier when he said to Peter "I remember you." What would be the point of that?
2007-04-24, 7:16 PM #29
Why would the only other person to have similar distortion to their voice during any dialogue in the entire season be what's-her-name when she was using her power?
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-04-24, 7:42 PM #30
Dramatic effect...

He actually used that voice once before Eden shot herself too.
2007-04-24, 8:10 PM #31

I don't think they knew it would help. Did Nathan know that Peter had learned regeneration beforehand? And their mother said she'd known about their powers for a long time, but that doesn't mean she knows specifically what powers Peter'd picked up.

And regarding the whole Sylar thing, Issac mentioned to Sylar that he'd show the others how to kill him. Before Sylar arrived, he handed off his final comic to that asian guy. Is that the same one that Hiro picked up in the future? If so, they just need to look at that to know how to kill Sylar. If not then they need to get their hands on the most current issue. Though I don't imagine that will stop the explosion. Honestly though, I'll be sad when Sylar is dead. He's my favorite character.

And what's with everyone assuming that Sylar's "eating" the other people's brains. There hasn't been anything to suggest that. In my mind, the power works in the same way that he was able to fix watches. He "opens them up", looks at them and tinkers around a bit, and the watch is fixed. He doesn't eat the insides of a watch. Why would you assume he's eating the brains. Also, at the end of this episode when he's painting the painting the picture of Nathan in office, his hands are all bloody, but there's no blood around his mouth. If he'd been eating brains, you'd think there would be. Rather the blood on his hands suggests that he was "tinkering" with Issac's braing to "see what made him tick." Then he somehow is able to make those changes to his own brain/dna/whatever. I refuse to believe that he's eating brains. That's just silly.

And I'm thinking the voice thing is just something he does by manipulating the air coming from his mouth simply to add dramatic effect. The whole point of Eden blowing her brains out was to keep him from getting her power, so why give it to him anyway? Plus like other had said, he's used it before when not giving a command and even before he met Eden.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-24, 8:24 PM #32
I've always thought this show sucked balls. It's poorly made and the acting is terrible.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-24, 8:25 PM #33
ha! I bet you people didn't see that coming!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-04-24, 8:27 PM #34
take your hate elsewhere children.

2007-04-24, 8:28 PM #35
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
spoiler stuff

I agree completely.

My theory is Sylar is the one that goes nuclear (not Peter or Ted) - and that he steals Ted's power and can't control it.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-04-24, 8:43 PM #36
In one of the post-Christmas episodes Peter is having his nightmare about blowing up New York, but before he blows up he says to Nathan "I took his power Nathan! I cant control it!" then Nathan says something like "It's okay, I'm gonna take care of you" and then Peter blows up, and I believe he wakes up from his coma after that.

I think the "banshee" power he's talking about is when Sylar's voice goes all deep and weird. I dont know that it's a power so much as something for dramatic effect. He's not even telling the person to do anything when he does it, so I doubt it's any part of Eden's power.

He got the power but I don't think it'll work for him for some reason.
D E A T H
2007-04-24, 8:54 PM #37
take your hate elsewhere children.

He's the only one. I just thought it was sort of funny that he posted that in the middle of your in-depth conversation.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-04-24, 9:03 PM #38
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
I agree completely.

My theory is Sylar is the one that goes nuclear (not Peter or Ted) - and that he steals Ted's power and can't control it.

I suppose that's possible, but I don't know, cause in the visions and the paintings of the future, isn't it pretty well established that it's Peter?

2007-04-24, 9:16 PM #39
I suppose that's possible, but I don't know, cause in the visions and the paintings of the future, isn't it pretty well established that it's Peter?

Why are you still using spoiler tags

You don't think it's coincidental that they introduced a character that can take the form of people right as that plotline seems like it's going to definitely be peter?
D E A T H
2007-04-24, 9:39 PM #40
hmm.. that's a good point.. But then, that girl can't cause nuclear explosions. And she also can't take on the powers of other people, so how could it be her?

Or are you suggesting that Sylar kills her and gains her ability? If that's the case then why did Peter have a vision in which it was him. You'd think he'd be able to tell the difference between him living the explosion and him watching himself explode. *shrug*

↑ Up to the top!