Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Heroes
Heroes
2007-04-24, 9:40 PM #41
Anyone else notice that Linderman is becoming quite a bit like Veidt from 'Watchmen'? In fact, outside of his age and his superpower, he's pretty much a direct copy.
2007-04-24, 9:52 PM #42
Sarn, I seriously read the first half of your post and was about to reply saying "Are you really that stupid?" And you've got my assumption right in the second part.
D E A T H
2007-04-24, 11:14 PM #43
BANSHEE VOICE

Eden's power wasn't like a banshee, commanding voice. She just made the suggestion and her target did it. Sylar never got a chance to steal her power, but Peter may have... I can't recall. Peter uses the Banshee voice though when he confronts Isaac (right before Isaac accidentally shoots that one chick.) I really don't think it's a dramatic effect.

BRAINS

Sylar has to do *something* with the brains, because the brains were always missing at the crime scenes. I'm guessing he eats it or absorbs it somehow.

NEW YORK

I think New York really does get destroyed. I don't think they can stop it. But either its not Peter, or some how he survives it.
2007-04-24, 11:24 PM #44
I really don't think Sylar could possibly take Ted's power, unless he cut his head off quick and clean while he was sleeping... If Ted's awake he'd set off his nuke and at least blast Sylar away if not incinerate him.

Every time Eden used her power, they made it pretty damn clear that that's what she was doing. There's no such clarity with Sylar that he's using the power or that he's even just trying to use it. He doesn't have it, period.

I dont know that he eats brains to take their power, but if he opens up and tinkers with people's brains to get their power, how does he modify his own brain to do such things?

Quote:
He doesn't eat the insides of a watch. Why would you assume he's eating the brains.

This makes no sense. He doesnt crack open a watch to see what it can do so that he can do it himself. He's just fixing the watch... he's not fixing the people too.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-04-24, 11:33 PM #45
Quote:
Peter uses the Banshee voice though when he confronts Isaac (right before Isaac accidentally shoots that one chick.) I really don't think it's a dramatic effect.

I'm pretty sure he just threw Isaac back with telepathy while yelling. Maybe they're just using the telepathy to vibrate the air and enhance their voice to give them a more terrifying presence.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-04-25, 4:53 AM #46
It's pretty clear that the explosion has to be Peter, or someone who looks exactly like Peter, because Isac painted it. Everything Isac predicted has come true. His pictures are, so far, infallible. Why should that suddenly change? This is also why they won't be able to stop it. Apparently, Hiro is still trying five years later - he's got a timeline of everything leading up to it in Isac's apartment.

Quote:
I really don't think Sylar could possibly take Ted's power, unless he cut his head off quick and clean while he was sleeping... If Ted's awake he'd set off his nuke and at least blast Sylar away if not incinerate him.

Sylar's victims don't have to be conscious or even alive. If you'll recall, he took his very first power by bashing the guy in the back of the head.

Though I don't understand why he would be so upset about losing Syresh's list. Sylar has got Charlie's super memory. He shouldn't need the list anymore.

Also, lets get this out right away : NOTHING in Heroes is done for 'Dramatic Effect'.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-25, 4:58 AM #47
They have to stop it. Otherwise, they're pretty ****ty heroes.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-04-25, 5:55 AM #48
How on earth can you tell that the guy in the "exploding man" painting is Peter?

It doesn't look any more like Peter than it does Parkman, but everybody that knows of the explosion (Parkman doesn't know, does he?) is assuming it's Peter.

At least, that's been my take on things so far.

And Peter's dream was only that - a dream. It's not necessarily a vision of the future. Tim Kring said as much.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-04-25, 6:28 AM #49
I still want to know how Sylar can live through multiple gunshot wounds without a healing power.
2007-04-25, 6:34 AM #50
He's got a great HMO.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!! CLICKING THE LINK WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS.

I told you Sylar was the source of the explosion. Well, at least in one timeline he is.
h**ttp://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/index.shtml?novel=30

[edit: you'll have to copy/paste the link and remove the ** so the link will remain hidden]
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-04-25, 7:24 AM #51
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
This makes no sense. He doesnt crack open a watch to see what it can do so that he can do it himself. He's just fixing the watch... he's not fixing the people too.

Actually, by his own logic he is fixing them. If you recall the first power he took, the guy was ashamed of it. And Sylar said something about him being broken. The guy responded, "Can you fix it?" Sylar said he could, then bashed him over the head.

Though it's a good point that the brains are missing. Still I don't like to believe that he's eating them.

Quote:
Sarn, I seriously read the first half of your post and was about to reply saying "Are you really that stupid?" And you've got my assumption right in the second part.
Don't be such an *** Yosh. We're conjecturing about a fictional story. For all we know, pink bunnies will fly down from outerspace and they'll fart all at once and that will cause the explosion.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-25, 8:34 AM #52
It's not really relevant who is going to explode - Sylar or Peter. Point is, New York is going to be wiped out. And if that would happen, they would all have failed in their quest.
幻術
2007-04-25, 11:03 AM #53
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Actually, by his own logic he is fixing them. If you recall the first power he took, the guy was ashamed of it. And Sylar said something about him being broken. The guy responded, "Can you fix it?" Sylar said he could, then bashed him over the head.

Though it's a good point that the brains are missing. Still I don't like to believe that he's eating them.

Don't be such an *** Yosh. We're conjecturing about a fictional story. For all we know, pink bunnies will fly down from outerspace and they'll fart all at once and that will cause the explosion.

Uh...it was a joke, for the most part. I wasn't trying to be an ***, but whatever.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!