Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Two Years of College COMPLETE!
Two Years of College COMPLETE!
2007-05-14, 6:48 AM #1
So I just wrapped up my second year of college. Feels really weird. I joined Massassi when I was in 8th grade, and now I'm going to be a Junior in college. Overall, it was a tough semester. I had Investments 340, International Finance 370, Microeconomics 220, Information Technology & Society 330 and Intro to Criminal Law 110

I had a 3.69 heading into the semester, and with me being a sophmore and both my finance courses being junior level, it was a very tough semester

I'm majoring in Financial Management with a minor in Computer Science. My goal is to head into Financial Advising.

What's everyone else been up to?
I <3 Massassi
2007-05-14, 6:51 AM #2
Grats. I'm finishing my 3rd years of my graphic designer career. :P

My pants are also on fire.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-05-14, 7:00 AM #3
well I'm finishing my first year of my phd in experimental particle physics, going ok so far, bloody hard work and I spend some days staring at the computer screen thinking "What the f**k am I doing" but when not having those days its good.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2007-05-14, 7:09 AM #4
Tomorrow is the last day of finals for my third year of college. Time flies.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-05-14, 7:11 AM #5
I'm going through registration right now.

I have no idea what I'm really going to do.

But I'd like to transfer to AI of Philly for Animation.
2007-05-14, 7:19 AM #6
Coming to the end of my first year at University as a Psychology undergraduate (two exams left). Registered for my second year modules last week, although we don't get any choice in what we study until the third year.
2007-05-14, 7:28 AM #7
I officially walked across the stage yesterday. IT major, CS minor! Hooray!
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-05-14, 7:36 AM #8
Congrats.

I walk across the stage on the 20th. CS major. :)
2007-05-14, 7:40 AM #9
Chewing through half a dozen first year maths and engineering exams here. Not the funnest things in the world, I can assure you.

Sorting out somewhere to live, too. I feel old.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-05-14, 9:13 AM #10
First year of 5 for Masters of Architecture quite nearly complete... my Studio review is done, just have exams for my other classes, Intro to Arch II, History of Modern Art, Physics.
2007-05-14, 9:26 AM #11
Well, in ~3 weeks I graduate from finnhighschool and soon after that I'll try getting into an University.. oh blah.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-05-14, 9:29 AM #12
In 3 days I'll be 3 years into a CS major, one more semester to go.
2007-05-14, 9:31 AM #13
CS Major, 2 years in, 1.5 to go. Should be done at the end of 2008.
2007-05-14, 9:37 AM #14
hahaha I jusy finished my second year of college as well, and it seriously was the semester/year from hell, but I made it! I had to take Consumer Behavior (BUAD 362) before I took it's prerequisite (Principles of Marketing) and I took an even amount of classes in my 2 majors for the first time, which was pretty crazy.

I'd like to add that despite the crazy semester, I actually did better this semester than ever before, bringing my GPA up to a 3.1 (hey, I'm a lazy student, what do ya want?)

Anyway, the thought of being a Junior in college is pretty nuts. I'm not ready to grow up. And I think I started here my freshman year of high school maybe? Crazy.

Anyway. DONE FOR THE SUMMER!
*parties*
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-05-14, 9:48 AM #15
im almost through my third year as a CS major. 2 more years to go!
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-05-14, 10:01 AM #16
I've almost completed 3.5 years as a English major (specializing in rhetoric and composition for a career in technical writing)

1 more year to go.
2007-05-14, 10:18 AM #17
I'm at the end of my third year majoring in software engineering with a minor in hedonism.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-14, 10:39 AM #18
i just finished up my 1st year of college, got home yesterday
its weird being home.
yay for not posting much ever
2007-05-14, 11:04 AM #19
Have fun with financial advising. It's a tough first two years.
Pissed Off?
2007-05-14, 11:25 AM #20
I am changing my major yet again, from Business Administration Management Information Systems to Music, probably a minor in either business, psychology or history.
2007-05-14, 11:44 AM #21
Entering third year of med school, but before that have to take the first part of three tests that make up the medical licensing exam. The test is basically all of medicine in a nutshell, been studying about half the year for it.

Can't wait for third year, actual patient care instead of just lecture and some paltry patient history and physicals.
2007-05-14, 12:02 PM #22
Originally posted by finity5:
I am changing my major yet again, from Business Administration Management Information Systems to Music, probably a minor in either business, psychology or history.

I'm thinking of going into Business Admin Management IS, how is that?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2007-05-14, 1:31 PM #23
I start my first year of Product Design Engineering in September.
nope.
2007-05-14, 3:01 PM #24
Starting third year (of four) in music. My goal is to have no money and do drugs.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-14, 4:50 PM #25
Starting as an Optical Sciences & Engineering major next fall.
2007-05-14, 5:41 PM #26
I'll finally be done w/ college next year after being in (and out) of college for 7 years :colbert:
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-05-14, 5:44 PM #27
Great Job!

Only two more years to go!

2007-05-14, 5:44 PM #28
I just finished my third year as a Mechanical Engineering student, and the summer semester started today.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-05-14, 5:50 PM #29
Originally posted by Veger:
I'm thinking of going into Business Admin Management IS, how is that?

The IS part of it is not bad at all, it's the business I can't stand, classes like Accounting... :tinfoil:

If you can suffer through that it isn't bad, and I imagine finding a job/internship wouldn't be that difficult either.
2007-05-14, 6:08 PM #30
I just finished my third year of Mechanical Engineering at Villanova.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2007-05-14, 6:21 PM #31
I've got an assignment and an exam before I finish my 3rd (and final) year of my software engineering degree.

I just handed in my dissertation today :D

As long as I get a pass in the remaining exam and assignment I don't think it's possible at this stage to get anything less than a first :)
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2007-05-14, 9:10 PM #32
just finished my 6th.
Still have one summer class and one fall class left.

I'm very tired of school.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-05-15, 8:45 AM #33
Looks like a lot of us only have a year or two left.

Is anyone else starting to get freaked out?
2007-05-15, 9:04 AM #34
Originally posted by Aglar:

I'm actually getting really excited to graduate. I have an internship this summer doing development for Epic (not Epic Games), which could hopefully turn into a full-time job after school. And I'd never forgive myself if I didn't at least try applying to Raven, since they're in the city.
2007-05-15, 9:08 AM #35
In about a week I'll be done with Computer Science and RIT forever.

Next fall I'll be starting at University of Maryland to start a degree in Political Science.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-15, 9:09 AM #36
Originally posted by Aglar:

Very. But right now my joy at the thought of returning to a country with decent food and a sun that knows better than to stay in the sky until 9:30 at night is overriding the sheer terror.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-05-15, 9:20 AM #37
im excited to have a decent amount of money and not be a poor college kid
I <3 Massassi
2007-05-15, 10:11 AM #38
I'm entering college next year. I'm little :tinfoil:
一个大西瓜
2007-05-15, 11:07 AM #39
Originally posted by Pommy:

Ahh, first year is awesome. You probably won't want to kill yourself until at least your fourth semester.
2007-05-15, 11:52 AM #40
Originally posted by Pommy:

Me too!

High Five! :P
nope.

↑ Up to the top!