Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Heroes
Heroes
2007-05-14, 7:08 PM #1
Epic.

Win.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-14, 7:42 PM #2
I watched the first couple episodes. Figure I'll just pick it up on DVD later and watch it properly. This weekly episodic crap is for people who have no ambition.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-05-14, 7:44 PM #3
I could've sworn that in the commercials Sylar's eyes glowed after he took Ted's power and was standing on the roof
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-05-14, 8:39 PM #4
How awesome was it when Sulu first took out the sword and started to swing at Hiro?
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-14, 8:45 PM #5
So, I think it's fairly obvious that in the future scenario, Linderman helped Sylar replace Nathan as the president.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-05-14, 8:45 PM #6
It was epic awesome.

I was expecting an epic sword for Hiro to use though. Oh well.
2007-05-14, 10:31 PM #7
One word: Brain-punch.

(What? It's hyphenated...)
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-05-14, 10:59 PM #8
Sylar = win

Edit: That is the first time I heard George Takei (Hiro's dad) speaking Japanese.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-05-14, 11:00 PM #9
It was kinda disappointing.
2007-05-15, 1:16 AM #10
Originally posted by Wolfy:
So, I think it's fairly obvious that in the future scenario, Linderman helped Sylar replace Nathan as the president.

He wont be helping anyone now. Neither will Eric Roberts. I'm so glad he's dead and out of my show! HRG pwned!
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-05-15, 1:19 AM #11
BTW, how come Ted didn't use his power to defend himself?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-05-15, 1:43 AM #12
It doesn't work when he's upside-down.

PS: You know how Linderman wanted to blow up New York to heal the world? Watchmen.
2007-05-15, 4:30 PM #13
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I watched the first couple episodes. Figure I'll just pick it up on DVD later and watch it properly. This weekly episodic crap is for people who have no ambition.

I thought I'd just fill you in, NBC has all the episodes on their website for you to watch (there's a 20 second or so commercial break between each segment, so it's not too bad)
That way you don't need to wait for the DVD to see them all before the finale airs next monday.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2007-05-15, 5:30 PM #14
or you could go to tv-links.co.uk
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-05-15, 5:39 PM #15
I love Sylar. Who else could make eating ice cream look so evil?
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-05-15, 5:43 PM #16
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
or you could go to tv-links.co.uk

That is too awesome to be legal...
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2007-05-15, 6:01 PM #17
Used to use that site to get my Stargate fix before they stopped updating it fast enough
$do || ! $do ; try
2007-05-15, 6:03 PM #18
Originally posted by fishstickz:
How awesome was it when Sulu first took out the sword and started to swing at Hiro?

It was totally ****ing awesome man.

Back again
2007-05-15, 6:17 PM #19
Very interesting!

I was surprised at Linderman's death (btw, let me mention how freaked out I was when his name was first mentioned earlier in the season - my last name is Lindemann - not an everyday-hear-it-on-tv kinda name). But then I also wondered if he could heal himself ala Claire.

DL gone... or is he... he looked mostly dead (he's "been mostly dead all day" - heh)

Alas poor Ted; I knew him well, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. Or not.

I wish it was next monday already.

The only thing I didn't like was how Hiro spends 30 minutes with dad and becomes a swordsman. I wunner if dad has a power - as well as momma Petrelli.

[Edit: Oooh, who was it that said the lady that changes shape (well, brain fart... whatever she does) was a fatty in disguise? Good call!]
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-15, 6:48 PM #20
That was me. :)
2007-05-15, 10:00 PM #21
I thought it was odd how quickly Hiro was taught. At first I thought he might have stopped time for everyone but himself and Sulu.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-05-15, 10:15 PM #22
He had prior training. I think it was implied that most of his training was psychological.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-16, 3:56 AM #23
I'm kinding thinking that by hiro and his fathers conversations that he's kinda implying that he is Kensai and that Hiro is the next one to carry on the proud legacy that he himself had created.

It's kinda makes sense, Kensai was a great swordsman, but the legends imply that he was also supernatural to a degree, perhaps he was blessed with a kind of imortality, or he could stop time... that'd be awesome, stop time, kill everyone in area and start time again... that'd be legendary.
The Gas Station
2007-05-16, 5:01 AM #24
I've heard something about a spinoff with Sulu, Linderman, papa Patrellie, etc, the previous generation. Maybe that's when we'll find out his power (if he has one)
$do || ! $do ; try
2007-05-16, 5:45 AM #25
I want to see a hiro fighting style that makes use of his powers.

So in a sword fight to other people, it looks like he's blinking around the room, attacking and disappearing and reappearing....

it'd be so grand.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-05-16, 5:52 AM #26
Originally posted by happydud:
I want to see a hiro fighting style that makes use of his powers.

So in a sword fight to other people, it looks like he's blinking around the room, attacking and disappearing and reappearing....

it'd be so grand.

hiro could be like an uberninja
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-05-16, 6:34 AM #27
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
I've heard something about a spinoff with Sulu, Linderman, papa Patrellie, etc, the previous generation. Maybe that's when we'll find out his power (if he has one)

They touched on that a little in the online comic/novels.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-16, 8:28 AM #28
Originally posted by Grant:
I'm kinding thinking that by hiro and his fathers conversations that he's kinda implying that he is Kensai and that Hiro is the next one to carry on the proud legacy that he himself had created.

It's kinda makes sense, Kensai was a great swordsman, but the legends imply that he was also supernatural to a degree, perhaps he was blessed with a kind of imortality, or he could stop time... that'd be awesome, stop time, kill everyone in area and start time again... that'd be legendary.

Mabey Hiro is Kensai. At the end of all this he travels back in time to fufill his destinty, and simontaniously carries the "super"-gene back in time. That would mean that everyone is related to Hiro, and that Hiro is his own great-great-great(keep repeating)-Grandfather.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2007-05-16, 9:33 AM #29
"On May 14th, NBC announced that during the fall of 2007, NBC will air a Heroes spinoff called Heroes: Origins. The spinoff will introduce a new character each week, and viewers will select which one stays for the following season. This spinoff is set for six episodes."
2007-05-16, 2:39 PM #30
I make a new thread for each episode, I get pwned.

Someone else makes a new thread, it stays.

FASCISM
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-16, 2:44 PM #31
It's not fascism, it's favoritism.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-05-17, 4:45 AM #32
There's a difference?
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-17, 5:02 AM #33
Originally posted by Wolfy:

Okay, the slow kid in the class has another question. What have we seen to suggest that the future scenario isn't still on track?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-05-17, 5:53 AM #34
Is this show that good that you have to watercooler over it every week?
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-05-17, 5:56 AM #35
Yes.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-05-17, 10:37 AM #36
Yes.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-05-17, 10:54 AM #37
Originally posted by Isuwen:
I make a new thread for each episode, I get pwned.

Someone else makes a new thread, it stays.

FASCISM

fish made one thread, not a thread per episode.

but yea, favoritism
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-05-17, 11:48 AM #38
Originally posted by MBeggar:
fish made one thread, not a thread per episode.

but yea, favoritism

I think it might have something more to do with the fact that this time the other Heroes thread isn't still on the front page.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2007-05-17, 3:19 PM #39
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Okay, the slow kid in the class has another question. What have we seen to suggest that the future scenario isn't still on track?

Half the people in it are dead now? >.>
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-05-17, 3:22 PM #40
Originally posted by MFalse:
I think it might have something more to do with the fact that this time the other Heroes thread isn't still on the front page.

That and the fact that we all like fishstickz alot more than Isuwen.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!