Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Speaking of poor parenting...
Speaking of poor parenting...
2007-05-21, 1:21 AM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/20/baby.in.microwave.ap/index.html

I am totally amazed.
2007-05-21, 1:25 AM #2
Kill. Them. Both.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-21, 1:26 AM #3
Police said Joshua Mauldin told them he put Ana Marie in the microwave because he was under stress. Eva Maudlin denied it.

"He would never do anything to hurt her. He loves her," she said.

. . .

This is one major WTF one. Thanks for sharing Rob.
My blawgh.
2007-05-21, 1:28 AM #4
I always thought microwaving any mammal small enough to fit in a microwave was instant death.

If this kids grows up normal, she will BRAG about surviving 20 seconds in a microwave.
2007-05-21, 1:30 AM #5
Then she'll fight crime with her radioactive powers. :ninja:
My blawgh.
2007-05-21, 1:31 AM #6
FEAR MICROWAVE GIRL. FOR WITH HER ABUSIVE PARENTING POWERS SHE WILL MELT ALL!
2007-05-21, 1:39 AM #7
:eek:

There are no words to describe how horrible this is...
2007-05-21, 1:43 AM #8
****ing godbotherers.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-05-21, 1:54 AM #9
I'm going to post something judgmental when I can see straight.
2007-05-21, 2:08 AM #10
I seriously hope Child Services manages to get custody. Anyone that mentally ill should not be able to raise a child.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2007-05-21, 2:21 AM #11
I don't know why the wife even bothers to say anything like that. Obviously she might genuinely believe in what she's claiming but still it wouldn't change a thing. It would only prove her husband is so weak he couldn't resist temptation.

Totally witless.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-05-21, 2:25 AM #12
It seems to me that the wife is covering for him with that story. Or is just in epic denial.

Either way, the kid is 19, and he probably was stressed out. After 10 minutes around a crying baby and I'm about ready to stick myself in a microwave.
2007-05-21, 2:31 AM #13
Originally posted by Jin:
It seems to me that the wife is covering for him with that story. Or is just in epic denial.

Epic denial might be true. Covering would make no sense. After all, if you had a baby, and some dude came to you and said: "Wouldn't it be cool to put the baby in a microwave oven, eh?" Who would do that? If you answered: "Gee, you are right! What a brilliant idea!", it would actually make you worse and more dangerous to the society than doing it simply because you were stressed, as the husband in this story said.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-05-21, 4:38 AM #14
...ack....ugh....gff....nng...
Quote:
She is hoping to be reunited with her daughter, but Child Protective Services is working to have the parental rights severed.

Good!
2007-05-21, 4:49 AM #15
Saw this earlier. ****ing ridiculous.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-05-21, 6:08 AM #16
Something like this couldn't not happen in Texas.
:master::master::master:
2007-05-21, 9:24 AM #17
No your right it could happen ANYWHERE in America.
2007-05-21, 9:30 AM #18
Originally posted by The_Reafis:
No your right it could happen ANYWHERE in America.

Wrong... It couldn't happen in my house, and my house is in America. Your statement is clearly false.
2007-05-21, 9:50 AM #19
...o_O

This is why we should implement breeding licenses.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-05-21, 9:55 AM #20
ANYWHERE was defined on a broad scale indicating any state, not to the level of individual houses and familys.
2007-05-21, 10:04 AM #21
We seem to live in a more insane world, thats totally wrong - how on earth can someone thats stressed put a baby in the mircowave? I hope he gets some prison sentance for attempted murder at least - its another example of how so-called parents cannot bring children up.
2007-05-21, 10:53 AM #22
Mmmm... microwaved baby...
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2007-05-21, 10:59 AM #23
Maybe the Devil really did force him to do it. I mean does anybody really know why people go crazy and do retarded things? Some might try psychology or whatever to explain it, but perhaps those psychological changes are caused by the Devil? The thing is, if someone you knew and love went psycho and did something totally out of character, it's easy and makes sense to believe that some other agent caused them to do it. That's what this woman believes, and it doesn't make her retarded or stupid or any of that.
2007-05-21, 11:10 AM #24
If you replaced the cliched "devil" with "magical super invisible fruitcake from Pluto that beams telepathic message", can you say the same thing?

She is stupid because she thought it was no one's fault here in harming a child in such a horrible way. She is stupid because she couldn't see, within reasonable doubt, that maybe that her husband is a lunatic. People can respond to tragic events differently but often they regain their senses and intelligence. She probably never had any of this intelligence to begin with to completely miss the obvious to this day.

If she knows what really happened and trying to cover up, that's a different story.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-21, 11:14 AM #25
O.

M.

G.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-21, 1:56 PM #26
Speaking of godbotherers, I got one of those "prayer handkerchiefs" in the mail today. Not only was I annoyed that they were pushing their beliefs on me, but also that they had such options as "Pray for a financial benefit" and "Pray for me to receive $______"

I wrote down what I thought of them on that page, then burned half the prayer handkerchief. I sent it all back, just like they told me. Including the ashes. :v:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-21, 2:18 PM #27
That's the worst excuse ever. Every person in her state should line up and slap her before they execute the both of them.
2007-05-21, 2:23 PM #28
If only someone had done this to jack thompson earlier on....

IT WAS SARCASM PEOPLE!
2007-05-21, 2:26 PM #29
Wow... :S
/fluffle
2007-05-21, 10:01 PM #30
Originally posted by Emon:
Speaking of godbotherers, I got one of those "prayer handkerchiefs" in the mail today. Not only was I annoyed that they were pushing their beliefs on me, but also that they had such options as "Pray for a financial benefit" and "Pray for me to receive $______"

I wrote down what I thought of them on that page, then burned half the prayer handkerchief. I sent it all back, just like they told me. Including the ashes. :v:

They're just sharing what they believe is true. Just throw it away if you don't want it, you don't need to be a dickbag.
2007-05-21, 10:08 PM #31
Wow, the head line just speaks for it all.
Back again
2007-05-21, 11:52 PM #32
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
They're just sharing what they believe is true. Just throw it away if you don't want it, you don't need to be a dickbag.

I just thought I would return the insult. If they don't want it, they can throw it away.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-22, 12:24 AM #33
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

I guess that's what's actually happened to him.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-05-22, 12:26 AM #34
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

Don't say stupid **** like that, TE. Jack Thompson is an idiot "lawyer" who thinks he's on some religious and moral quest against them darned videogames. That doesn't mean he deserves to be burned in a microwave in early childhood.

And I refuse to "Respect her beliefs" that the devil put her baby in the microwave. That's essentially the root of religious stupidity: security that being good and bad have external excuses, and are clearly defined.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-22, 12:40 AM #35
Originally posted by JediKirby:
That's essentially the root of religious stupidity

shut the **** up
2007-05-22, 6:28 AM #36
Originally posted by Emon:
I just thought I would return the insult. If they don't want it, they can throw it away.

If you feel that way about it then you are no longer allowed to share your opinion with anyone else ever again.

Or you could accept the fact that some people believe other things than you do.

ON TOPIC: That's horrible. I know it's probably been said but I can't imagine anyone taking out their frustration by microwaving a kid. That's just way too 'out there'
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-22, 6:33 AM #37
i had nothing to do with what happened
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-05-22, 7:03 AM #38
Originally posted by JediKirby:

And I refuse to "Respect her beliefs" that the devil put her baby in the microwave. That's essentially the root of religious stupidity: security that being good and bad have external excuses, and are clearly defined.

Actually that's the opposite of the teachings of most religions. This is just an example of idiots making lame excuses. They're obviously deranged, but that's no excuse.

This is the equivalent of shooting someone from your car and blaming it on road rage, as if you couldn't help your self.
2007-05-22, 8:10 AM #39
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
Or you could accept the fact that some people believe other things than you do.

And want everyone else to believe it to by sending letters, going door to door, and suggesting it to all of their friends.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-22, 8:25 AM #40
What's wrong with that?
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus

↑ Up to the top!