Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Speaking of poor parenting...
Speaking of poor parenting...
2007-05-22, 8:42 AM #41
...that...is...WTF.

Everyone KNOWS the devil would have told him to eat it, not microw--

Eureka! He wanted to cook the baby before eating it!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-05-22, 8:47 AM #42
Originally posted by JediKirby:
And want everyone else to believe it to by sending letters, going door to door, and suggesting it to all of their friends.

And you don't reccomend games that you think highly of to all your friends?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-22, 8:50 AM #43
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
And you don't reccomend games that you think highly of to all your friends?

All of my friends know I don't believe in religion and wouldn't dream of suggesting any such thing to me.

Also, that doesn't excuse the letters from strangers and door to door soliciting.
2007-05-22, 9:04 AM #44
What? I don't get it.

They think they have something great to recommend, something so great that it warrants door to door soliciting. Is that mean or something?
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-05-22, 9:10 AM #45
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
What? I don't get it.

They think they have something great to recommend, something so great that it warrants door to door soliciting. Is that mean or something?

I don't go to their homes and tell them I don't believe in their religion. Why can't everyone just believe what they want to believe and leave it at that?

We can go back and forth like this all day if you want, it's not going to solve anything.
2007-05-22, 9:19 AM #46
Because their beliefs include the belief that spreading those beliefs is a necessary task.

If you really don't want solicitors, put up a sign.
Ban Jin!
2007-05-22, 9:32 AM #47
And the mail? The random people passing out business cards that say "the wages of sin is death"?
2007-05-22, 9:42 AM #48
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
Because their beliefs include the belief that spreading those beliefs is a necessary task.

If you really don't want solicitors, put up a sign.

People can believe what they like, so long as they don't waste my time. I live next door to a Greek Orthodox chapel: me and the minister/priest/whatever get along fine - we say hello, ask each other how our days were and all is well. The man can see that essentially myself and Iz are "living in sin" but he can also see that we get up early, go to work, help our neighbours putting their bins out and are generally nice people. He doesn't see it fit to bother us with his beliefs and we all get on fine.

If on the other hand he came and bothered us, there'd be a serious falling out because my private life is none of his business.

(Oh, and I realise it's completely immature, and neither big nor clever, but what Echoman did made me laugh and I'm big enough to admit that :P)
2007-05-22, 10:01 AM #49
I guess there's a difference between soliciting and bothering. I can see that if your preacher suddenly started railing against you for being a sinner and hanging out outside your door there would be a problem.

But is someone knocking on your door and asking if you'd like to hear a message offensive? Is this not what people are complaining about? I've never been solicited by proselyters, so I don't know.
Ban Jin!
2007-05-22, 10:23 AM #50
Oh yeah, if someone can take no for answer and is polite I'm not bothered, in fact I'm usually quite happy for them (they're happy, I'm happy, the world is good!). Unfortunately those who are so fervent as to go door-to-door often don't take no for an answer, and are a pain the proverbials.
2007-05-22, 10:25 AM #51
Originally posted by Martyn:
Oh yeah, if someone can take no for answer and is polite I'm not bothered, in fact I'm usually quite happy for them (they're happy, I'm happy, the world is good!). Unfortunately those who are so fervent as to go door-to-door often don't take no for an answer, and are a pain the proverbials.

Right, it's those (the later) people that I have a problem with.

Also, mail stuff bothers me because there's simply no way to avoid it.
2007-05-22, 10:38 AM #52
And want everyone else to believe it to by sending letters, going door to door, and suggesting it to all of their friends.

Well if you won't shut the **** up about what you believe, why should they?

Hey

Shut the **** up.

You're an atheist and you don't like religion. Good job. Nobody cares. All you ever do is make other atheists look retarded. You are not smart, you are not eloquent, you are not special.
2007-05-22, 10:43 AM #53
GUYS GUYS GUYS.

This thread is about Microwaving babies.
2007-05-22, 10:44 AM #54
Originally posted by Rob:
GUYS GUYS GUYS.

I'm so glad this thread got derailed, JUST for the that post.

Thank you sir.
2007-05-22, 10:49 AM #55
I don't go door to door telling people that I don't believe in their religion. I don't even bring it up in casual convorsation when people talk about religion. I like to avoid it. In a thread pretaining to religion, and the beliefs that the action of microwaving your own child is more than just a mentally ill person, but is instead the work of a "bad guy" listed in a piece of literature that I believe is fiction, you're damn right I'm not going to shut the **** up.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-22, 11:01 AM #56
I don't go door to door telling people that I don't believe in their religion. I don't even bring it up in casual convorsation when people talk about religion. I like to avoid it. In a thread pretaining to religion, and the beliefs that the action of microwaving your own child is more than just a mentally ill person, but is instead the work of a "bad guy" listed in a piece of literature that I believe is fiction, you're damn right I'm not going to shut the **** up.

Translation: Whenever you see an opportunity to once again express your impotent rage you jump on it. It has nothing to do with some parents who blame Jesus or Buddha or whatever for their own sociopathy. It's just you fuming and stamping your feet about how some people in the world dare to think differently than you do (!!!) and then trying to justify your own opinion with a strawman of all religious people (i.e. that they all go door to door and try to convert others).

You realize this is what I did when I was trolling in the vegan threads, right? Except, unlike me, you actually believe your own bull****?

You know, the last time you did this I seem to remember you coming to me for advice. I think it was about how to more effectively convey your e-temper tantrums or something. I sorta wrote you off when you blamed your father for making you racist since you seemed to be trying to find someone else to blame for your feeblemindedness in a general sense and I didn't want any part of it.

At any rate, you need to shut the **** up. If we're going to have a religious debate between the atheists and the religious folk I'd sooner have the atheist side represented by someone who has even a vague clue what he's talking about.
2007-05-22, 11:10 AM #57
Originally posted by Jon`C:
and stamping your feet

I really don't think Kirby is able to stamp his feet. :saddowns:
2007-05-22, 11:24 AM #58
This is quite possibly the most entertaining thread of the year.
2007-05-22, 11:52 AM #59
I concur. Keep it coming, people!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-22, 2:58 PM #60
Originally posted by Martyn:
(Oh, and I realise it's completely immature, and neither big nor clever, but what Echoman did made me laugh and I'm big enough to admit that :P)

what did Echoman do?
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2007-05-22, 3:14 PM #61
He means what I did. I too acknowledge it was immature, though. In doing so, I become more mature. :colbert:

Or something.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-22, 5:32 PM #62
Microwave their faces.

And then be like "Does your mother sew? BOOM! Get her to sew that"
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-05-22, 6:07 PM #63
Jom'C Wins the thread.
2007-05-22, 10:25 PM #64
Originally posted by Emon:
He means what I did. I too acknowledge it was immature, though. In doing so, I become more mature. :colbert:

Or something.

Sorry, I'd had WINE. :P
2007-05-23, 2:35 AM #65
Does drunk posting count as H4X in this kind of thread?
My blawgh.
2007-05-23, 4:47 AM #66
I wasn't leathered and making a prat of myself, so I reckon I'll be fine :P
2007-05-23, 5:25 AM #67
Nay, you weren't, but you were in my dreams ^_^ Ooh baby, ohh baby, I pine, I yearn.
2007-05-23, 5:33 AM #68
Originally posted by Rob:
GUYS GUYS GUYS.

Hey now, it's microwaving babies, and the devil.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-05-23, 7:41 AM #69
Maybe I should be a modmin. Then I'd be The BANTRAIN.

Mwuhahahaaaaa...
2007-05-23, 9:41 AM #70
And you could have a catchphrase like "All aboard the MANTRAIN to bansville!"

Or whatever.
2007-05-23, 7:04 PM #71
Oh I know!

"You've just hopped aboard the MANTRAIN enroute to Banland. Nonstop service."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-05-24, 12:00 AM #72
I dunno, I quite like the simplicity of "All aboard the BANTRAIN, first class ticket holders should make their way to the front of the train".
2007-05-24, 1:17 AM #73
I'd definitely vote for the BANTRAIN. The MANTRAIN is for happy times, the BANTRAIN is for banning times.
Ban Jin!
2007-05-24, 4:33 AM #74
Bantrain to Manland?

Hawt.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-24, 5:09 AM #75
Whooo, thank god I'm the Mantrain driver. I'd hate to ride with the convicts. :awesome:

*Hops on Martyn's shoulders. "CHOOOCHOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
2007-05-24, 5:15 AM #76
Mwuhahahaaaa...

Jep willingly jumps on the BANTRAIN!

/hump
2007-05-24, 5:23 AM #77
This guy needs help.

No one in his right mind puts a baby in a microwave.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2007-05-24, 1:30 PM #78
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
This guy needs help.

No one in his right mind puts a baby in a microwave.

Dont derail the Mantrain thread...
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-05-24, 1:48 PM #79
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Dont derail the Mantrain thread...

Else you'll be taking a long trip on the BANTRAIN!

↑ Up to the top!