Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Pirates 3!
Pirates 3!
2007-05-25, 1:58 PM #41
Originally posted by Baconfish:
If anything doesn't make sense, just remember that it's a movie with undead living zombie barnacle pirates.

Pfffft, I saw one in real life last night. Oh wait. That was your mom. :suicide:
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-05-25, 9:13 PM #42
Worst movie ever.

There were some amazing cinematic scenes at the end, but other than that, it sucked.
2007-05-25, 9:17 PM #43
Originally posted by Trigger Happy Chewie:
Worst movie ever.

There were some amazing cinematic scenes at the end, but other than that, it sucked.

I guess I everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is no way you can actually think that it is the worst movie ever. Also, what makes you think that it was so horrible?
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-05-25, 9:39 PM #44
Weren't there a handful of people that called spiderman 3 the worst movie ever?
>>untie shoes
2007-05-25, 10:13 PM #45
I just say it this afternoon and I loved it.
The section in Dave's Locker was fantastic.

The one part that kinda bothered me was when the perl and the duchman destroyed the other ship at the end, how did the cannon balls, that appeared to be going all the way through, not hit the ship on the other side?

It's a small thing, I know, but still, it bothered me.
I'm sure there were plenty of other things in there just like it that I didn't notice.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-05-25, 10:47 PM #46
I went to the midnight showing last night with friends in full garb and it was amazing. I laughed sooo much, and cried, and laughed way more, and cried again, and laughed.

Also I was greatly amused by Fear and Loathing flashbacks, and Keith Richards..
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2007-05-25, 10:52 PM #47
I just got back from seeing it again. It's still amazing. Next step is to buy the soundtrack.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-05-25, 11:00 PM #48
I thought it was pretty awesome, and I really want the soundtrack
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-05-25, 11:53 PM #49
I really liked it! I love Naomie Harris' character.

Also, Geoffrey Rush wins at being a pirate.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-05-26, 4:27 AM #50
Originally posted by Dormouse:
I went to the midnight showing last night with friends in full garb and it was amazing. I laughed sooo much, and cried, and laughed way more, and cried again, and laughed.

Also I was greatly amused by Fear and Loathing flashbacks, and Keith Richards..

Hmm...I still have a pirate costume from a fancy dress party we had at the halls a while ago...

And yeah, the soundtrack to the first two films was amazing, I thoroughly expect the third to be just as good. Going to see it today :D
2007-05-26, 7:26 AM #51
Enjoyable. Better than the second one which was a pleasant surprise.

Keira is worth the price of admission alone at any rate.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2007-05-26, 4:06 PM #52
That was awesome! :D But I guess I am kind of a fanboy when it comes to the PotC films...

So awesome.
2007-05-26, 6:56 PM #53
I don't consider myself a huge Pirate fan at all... I enjoyed the first one and sort of liked the second... so I wasn't super excited for this, but I wanted to see it. I was surprised. I liked it way more than the second, but not as much as the first. Basically, the second one builds up to this one. I consider DMC and AWE the same movie, and this is the better half.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2007-05-26, 11:34 PM #54
Originally posted by Whelly:
I don't consider myself a huge Pirate fan at all... I enjoyed the first one and sort of liked the second... so I wasn't super excited for this, but I wanted to see it. I was surprised. I liked it way more than the second, but not as much as the first. Basically, the second one builds up to this one. I consider DMC and AWE the same movie, and this is the better half.

Couldn't agree more.
2007-05-26, 11:50 PM #55
I really really liked the movie, but it was kinda ruined for me by some fat woman behind me laughing constantly like the little rat creature from Jabba's Palace. I've never wanted to flip out on someone so badly.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-27, 1:08 AM #56
Much better than the second one.
一个大西瓜
2007-05-27, 1:10 AM #57
I thought this one took the good elements from the first movie and combined that with the good elements from the second movie. It also seemed to disregard all of the bad elements from the first two as well.

Honestly, I truly ****ing loved this movie.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-27, 5:17 PM #58
Worst movie ever.

Now granted, I actually liked the movie, but I bet I could name at least a dozen that I have seen that were, by every objective measure and every reasonable subjective measure, far worse that Pirates 3.

Anyway, I thought it was great. A little long, but there wasn't much I could see that they could have cut out. I especially liked the last scene before the credits. Classic.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-05-27, 8:21 PM #59
Worst movie ever.

No, that would be THIS ONE.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-05-28, 6:57 AM #60
So much better than the second movie, but not as good as the first. The writing was a great, I thought; it made its own comedy, as opposed to the second which relied too heavily on the comedy of the first movie, in my opinion.

Just one question: How did the Kraken die? From its wounds after fighting the Black Pearl?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-05-28, 7:21 AM #61
Wolfy: I think at one point Beckett mentions having forced Davey Jones to kill his "pet", so I guess Jones killed it.
2007-05-28, 10:35 AM #62
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Wolfy: I think at one point Beckett mentions having forced Davey Jones to kill his "pet", so I guess Jones killed it.

Yeah, that was how I understood it. It would have been cool if Jack had killed it from the inside when it swallowed him.
2007-05-28, 12:58 PM #63
We can't stop here, this is crab country.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-28, 5:24 PM #64
Just got back from watching it, better than the second movie and almost as good as the first movie. I had a hard time understanding Kalypso at times though because of her accent, can translate what she was saying at the part where she explains why Barbosa can be brought back from the dead right away, but not Jack ? What did she also say when she grew into a giant before turning into a bunch of crabs ? Oh and I never seen so many double crosses in a movie, made me think I was watching Metal Gear Solid at times.
2007-05-28, 5:49 PM #65
Jack can't be brought back like Barbossa because Jack's body and soul were taken to the locker, whereas Barbossa just died (his body remained while his soul was gone)
一个大西瓜
2007-05-28, 5:51 PM #66
Oh okay then. Oh I forgot to add, but what was up with the guitar wail during the parley? It was very out of place for this movie. Made me thought I was watching 300 or Kill Bill or something.
2007-05-28, 7:56 PM #67
I thought the guitar in that part was awesome. Zimmer doesn't use guitar nearly as much as he used to, so it was a nice return to form.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-28, 8:18 PM #68
When was the guitar part? I didn't notice it.

I love Zimmer's music. Although This one, had some parts that were rediculusly close to the Gladiator music.
Might have been because I had just listened to it the night before but I just kept hearing gladiator in there.
2007-05-29, 3:36 AM #69
The guitar is in the "Parlay" track from the soundtrack. Suited the stand-off perfectly.

↑ Up to the top!