Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tablet PC
Tablet PC
2007-05-25, 10:23 PM #41
Yes, they do.

Especially if they've had that job less than 5 years.

It's called CREDIT for a reason.
2007-05-25, 10:40 PM #42
I see.
Back again
2007-05-26, 6:15 AM #43
Rob, I hate to say it, but you're just so wrong. Your way will indeed net you credit and such, but it is by far not required and you will not get screwed over if you don't.

I know at least 20 people who didn't take out a single loan before buying their house and they had some of the best rates possible.

You can piddle around with bold and capital letters all you want, it doesn't change what really happens.
2007-05-26, 8:46 AM #44
My student loan was only $6000 (community college). I will have it paid off by 12/01/2007. I have never had a credit card or any other sort of debt. I was approved for $120k for a home (which goes quite far in my state/county). However, I decided to wait to purchase a home until my loan is paid off and I can afford to put 20% down.
2007-05-26, 1:16 PM #45
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Rob, I hate to say it, but you're just so wrong. Your way will indeed net you credit and such, but it is by far not required and you will not get screwed over if you don't.

No, I'm not.

Quote:
I know at least 20 people who didn't take out a single loan before buying their house and they had some of the best rates possible.

Anecdotal evidence over INTERNET does not strengthen your argument.

Quote:
You can piddle around with bold and capital letters all you want, it doesn't change what really happens.

[/quote]

I felt the need to bold what were facts, because you simply didn't appear to be reading them.
2007-05-26, 1:23 PM #46
Originally posted by Rob:
No, I'm not.

Anecdotal evidence over INTERNET does not strengthen your argument.

Same goes for you then.

Quote:
I felt the need to bold what were facts, because you simply didn't appear to be reading them.

Except your facts aren't really facts because they don't reside in reality.
2007-05-26, 1:52 PM #47
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Same goes for you then.

Except I'm not using anecdotal evidence. I'm using FACTS you can easily just look up anywhere.

(PS, I was also just at the bank less than a month ago talking with THEM about Loans. I think they'd know more about than you do)
2007-05-26, 1:57 PM #48
Except I'm not using anecdotal evidence.

(PS, I was also just at the bank less than a month ago talking with THEM about Loans. I think they'd know more about than you do)

This is anecdotal evidence.
nope.
2007-05-26, 1:59 PM #49
No, it's the bank handing me a pamphlet on how loans work and explaining it.

Then doing research with INTERNETS, and Library.

If this is anecdotal evidence going to the library to read the encyclopedia is too.
2007-05-26, 2:03 PM #50
I think his point was that you're both saying words to the effect of "I know someone in real life!!" to back up your arguments. :suicide:
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-26, 2:04 PM #51
Originally posted by Tracer:
I think his point was that you're both saying words to the effect of "I know someone in real life!!" to back up your arguments. :suicide:

WINNAR!

:awesome:
2007-05-26, 2:05 PM #52
Tracer got it.

My point is you basically told a short 1 sentence story there, and not just cold, hard fact.
nope.
2007-05-26, 2:08 PM #53
This information is applicable to the United States only. The process, requirements, and terms are different in other parts of the world.

A credit rating (different from a credit score) is the ultimate deciding factor in determining whether or not a person gets a loan. A credit rating is decided by the actuarial section of the loan department at a financial institution, such as a bank or credit union. They determine this rating based upon a number of factors, the most common and well-known factor being the credit score. Other factors include various assets, such as property, stocks, bonds, equipment, receiveables (such as lawsuit settlements or lottery payments, as well as reliable income from a job), and cash-on-hand. Typically, the most important of these is the credit score, which is essentially a numerical representation of your credit history - a record of all loans, payments, collections, credit-cards and related accounts, and other credit-related bills. The reason a credit score is usuallly the most important is because most people do not have larg amounts of cash, property, or other assets to guarantee the repayment of the loan, nor enough regular income to justify lending large amounts.

Please note that, as always, this is not set in stone, and there are exceptions (students loans, for example, tend to bank on the future rather than the past). Also note that various people (inlcuding people who work for financial institutions) tend to use the terms in bold interchangeably due to ignorance.

It's also worth noting that simply beign approved for a loan does not mean you have a good rating - the loan amount and the interest rate together determine the quality of your rating and subsequent approval.
2007-05-26, 7:52 PM #54
The credit you get as a person just out of collage making 50,000 to 60,000 dollars a year is more than I could responsibly take on. Rob, you have got to shut up. You've hi-jacked this whole thread into an idiotic ongoing argument, that you just can't let go. You're intentionally changing the course of the argument so that it doesn't go away. Get this through your think skull. We get plenty of credit with out loans, quit being a douche and shut up. No one cares.
2007-05-26, 9:41 PM #55
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh CRY I need my mommy. WAHHH MOMMMY... :(

Translated.
2007-05-26, 9:42 PM #56
Rob, seriously, knock it off. Back to topic.
2007-05-27, 3:22 AM #57
This IS on topic.

I have presented a fool proof way to avoid moving to suckville AND having to buy a Tablet PC.

The boy who never heard of Elton John is just too sheltered to leave his mothers warm embrace.
2007-05-27, 10:49 AM #58
Don't forget Frank Sinatra! :awesome:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-27, 1:04 PM #59
And Billy Joel!
nope.
2007-05-27, 4:03 PM #60
And your dad!
2007-05-27, 4:11 PM #61
no your mom lol
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-05-27, 5:46 PM #62
XD

↑ Up to the top!