Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Another film thread...
Another film thread...
2007-06-12, 10:35 PM #41
Originally posted by 82nd_Fister:
umm.. I saw Shrek 3 :D

I also saw PotC3, Transformers and DOA.

Yeah I can believe you seeing Shrek, and Doa. Transformers I don't.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-12, 10:49 PM #42
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Seconded. That movie is ****in' awesome.

Here's some I like:

Taxi Driver (This movie is a classic, and you have to see it.)
Gatacca (You might like this, it has several cripple-related themes)
Lucky Number Slevin
Inside Man
2007-06-13, 12:46 AM #43
Originally posted by Roach:
Glengarry Glen Ross

This guy has the right idea.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-06-13, 1:28 AM #44
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Little Miss Sunshine

One of the best new movies I've seen in a long time.

I'd also recommend Lawrence of Arabia (character-based, but also dealing with an aspect of WWI that doesn't get much attention despite its significant effect upon today's conflicts). For a great foreign film, try Amelie. May is a great one to show your friends after seeing it. You could also try some old stop-motion film just for fun (Jason and the Argonauts contains the skeleton battle, which is generally considered the height of that technique). If I think of any more, I'll drop by later.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-06-13, 2:01 AM #45
Yeah, Amelie. You've definately got to see that movie.

More good movies:
In China They Eat Dogs
Beautiful People
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-06-13, 2:15 AM #46
Just watched "Good Night, and Good Luck" last night. I thought it was quite good. The other day I watched "The Pursuit of Happyness", which I liked too
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2007-06-13, 11:21 PM #47
Originally posted by JediNeo:
Just watched "Good Night, and Good Luck" last night. I thought it was quite good. The other day I watched "The Pursuit of Happyness", which I liked too

I bought GNAGL forever ago but I still haven't watched it...
2007-06-13, 11:32 PM #48
Good Night, and Good Luck is one of the finest movies I've ever seen. The performances are just so strong it's ridiculous.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-14, 2:59 AM #49
Originally posted by Antony:
Good Night, and Good Luck is one of the finest movies I've ever seen. The performances are just so strong it's ridiculous.

Definitely. The man who plays Edward R Murrow just seems so authentic to the period. Excellent blind purchase for me.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2007-06-14, 12:29 PM #50
Stranger than Fiction. I don't know what you think of Will Ferrell, but this isn't his usual crazy/stupid role. This is very different for him, and he does a great job. The rest of the cast was great, too, but you'd expect it from them.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-06-14, 12:33 PM #51
Yeah, I love Stranger Than Fiction.
2007-06-14, 12:38 PM #52
I thought that film (Stranger than Fiction) looked quite interesting when I saw the trailer, but I never got around to watching it.
2007-06-14, 12:39 PM #53
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zizzou
The Royal Tenenbaums
Rushmore

Wes Anderson's a genius. His films are a wonder to watch. I'd sit down one night and watch them all. They're quite different, but at the same time, exactly alike. The actors he picks are perfect for the roles. Bill Murray, Owen and Luke Wilson, Don Cheetle. All, excellent.

(On that note, Lost in Translation is great, too)
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-06-14, 5:21 PM #54
I know a lot of people who didn't "get" Life Aquatic, but I liked it. I think it helps if you've watched a lot of nature documentaries.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-06-14, 5:27 PM #55
Garden State

also Dune (the original and the one made by the sci-fi channel)
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-06-15, 1:56 PM #56
Having just watched it, I now feel I should recommend The Pledge. Neither of my parents seemed to enjoy it (because it doesn't necessarily have a happy ending, depending on perspective), but I thought it was pretty good.

↑ Up to the top!