Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wow... Optimus Prime is a badass mofo.
Wow... Optimus Prime is a badass mofo.
2007-06-14, 8:20 PM #1
http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/utterbadassness-b.jpg

This just adds to how much I can't f-ing wait to see this movie.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-14, 9:29 PM #2
Sorry, but from this angle that just looks a poster for every other Japanese giant robot anime out there.

Mind you, I’m not dissin the Transformers here, just saying this poster really doesn’t get me excited.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2007-06-14, 9:44 PM #3
I swear to god, if Michael Bay ruins this movie, I will storm Hollywood and burn it to the ground like Rome. I can't think of another movie, besides the first TMNT, that I connect with to my childhood more.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2007-06-14, 9:46 PM #4
Transformers wasn't a bad movie.. It just kinda fell short of my expectations.

Although it was a delightfully refreshing change from some of the other recent movies (Yes PotC3, I'm looking at you)

You should all go see Dead Or Alive when it comes out on the 22nd. It's a badass movie.
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-06-14, 9:58 PM #5
Haha, all I really noticed was the awkward hand that guy has on the girl.
2007-06-14, 10:00 PM #6
Cool. John Voight.
2007-06-14, 11:44 PM #7
Target has the giant Optimus helmet and I want to buy it
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-06-14, 11:50 PM #8
The voice changer helmet? Yeah that is cool.
2007-06-15, 12:00 AM #9
Originally posted by 82nd_Fister:
Transformers wasn't a bad movie.. It just kinda fell short of my expectations.

Although it was a delightfully refreshing change from some of the other recent movies (Yes PotC3, I'm looking at you)

You should all go see Dead Or Alive when it comes out on the 22nd. It's a badass movie.

Dead or Alive has been out on DVD for months, at least 3 since I saw it on shelves before moving to London 3 months ago.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-06-15, 12:04 AM #10
The release date for it in the US is June 22nd I thought?
2007-06-15, 12:10 AM #11
Optimash Prime

http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/store/products/17214/Transformers_Toys_Optimash_Prime/Animation/Toys_N_Stuff/Transformers/Product.html
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-06-15, 12:22 AM #12

Nuts to you. PotC3 is the best movie to come out in the last 2 years at least. I don't know how pirates and giant transforming robots are even comparable, but I'll be very surprised if Transformer's ending makes me anywhere near as excited as PotC3's amazing, edge of your seat ending.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-06-15, 12:27 AM #13
By the time I got done watching PotC3, I didn't know if I had been watching a movie for 3 hours or if I'd had a stroke.

It was so insanely long and half the time I had no idea who was against who or what in the hell was going on.

The only constant I saw in the movie is Jack Sparrow's shenanigans.
2007-06-15, 12:37 AM #14
I was wrong.
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7893
2007-06-15, 12:46 AM #15
DOA was released internationally (well, UK and Aus as far as I know) a long time ago. It was showing in cinemas when I went to see Silent Hill, which was the 12th of September, 2006. (I keep my ticket stubs becaus I'm a loser)
2007-06-15, 12:55 AM #16
The release date for it in the US is June 22nd I thought?

If you're referring to Transformers, wikipedia has the following info:

The film will be released in Australia on June 28, in the United States and New Zealand on July 2, Canada on July 4 and in the United Kingdom on July 27. The U.S. release date of July 4, 2007 was announced at the Comic-Con International in July 2005,[80] before being pushed forward to 8pm screenings on July 2.[81]
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-06-15, 1:04 AM #17
No I meant for DOA. I already have Transformers, though. Although it's a ****ty quality dvd :(
2007-06-15, 2:52 AM #18
No I meant for DOA. I already have Transformers, though. Although it's a ****ty quality dvd :(

Umm, that's the first movie. I was talking about the live action one that this thread is about.
2007-06-15, 3:23 AM #19
By the time I got done watching PotC3, I didn't know if I had been watching a movie for 3 hours or if I'd had a stroke.

It was so insanely long and half the time I had no idea who was against who or what in the hell was going on.

The only constant I saw in the movie is Jack Sparrow's shenanigans.

Seriously? My only problem with the movie was it was so simple, obvious and predictable..
But I didn't mind that, because I expected simple and cheesy fun, and that's what I got.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-06-15, 3:29 AM #20
Yeah, I thought it was pretty easy to keep track of who was on who's side. Hell, they're pirates: they're on their own side! Just follow along, and try not to worry too much about it.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-06-15, 4:58 AM #21
I read somewhere that the same dude that voice Optimus Prime in the cartoon did the voice work in the movie too. That's pretty cool that used him in the film.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-06-15, 8:15 AM #22
Originally posted by Nubs:
I swear to god, if Michael Bay ruins this movie, I will storm Hollywood and burn it to the ground like Rome. I can't think of another movie, besides the first TMNT, that I connect with to my childhood more.

*raises hand* Rome still exists today, along with several millenia old buildings. o:

And Chewbubba's right, Peter Cullen is returning to voice Optimus in the movie. Whilst Hugo Weaving will be voicing Megatron. (Mister Prime, surprised to see me?)

Although in the game of the movie, Frank Welker will be reprising the role of Megatron so that should please the old school fans.
Seishun da!
2007-06-15, 12:39 PM #23
Originally posted by SavageX378:
If you're referring to Transformers, wikipedia has the following info:

The film will be released in Australia on June 28, in the United States and New Zealand on July 2, Canada on July 4 and in the United Kingdom on July 27. The U.S. release date of July 4, 2007 was announced at the Comic-Con International in July 2005,[80] before being pushed forward to 8pm screenings on July 2.[81]

Yeah, You mean the new one with Shia Ledouche?

I bought a copy of it at Camp Taji. Not a good one, mind you, but it's watchable.
2007-06-15, 3:42 PM #24
Originally posted by Pedro T Hutt:
*raises hand* Rome still exists today, along with several millenia old buildings. o:

And Chewbubba's right, Peter Cullen is returning to voice Optimus in the movie. Whilst Hugo Weaving will be voicing Megatron. (Mister Prime, surprised to see me?)

Although in the game of the movie, Frank Welker will be reprising the role of Megatron so that should please the old school fans.

I'm having a hard time imagining how Megatron is going to sound with Hugo as the VA. Let's hope he doesn't sound like a mega-sized Agent Smith :gonk:
2007-06-15, 4:09 PM #25
Personally, I think the movie is going to be utter crap. Like AVP. :gonk:

2007-06-15, 4:40 PM #26
AVP was NOT utter crap. Anything below AVP would be utter crap.

I think Transformers will be much better than AVP.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2007-06-15, 5:21 PM #27
Originally posted by genk:
Target has the giant Optimus helmet and I want to buy it

I saw the commercial for that helmet today.
2007-06-15, 6:25 PM #28
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Umm, that's the first movie. I was talking about the live action one that this thread is about.

He's in Iraq so he has easy access to the pirated copies that the hadjis sell.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-06-15, 7:24 PM #29
Yeah, I figured that from his last post... which got him banned hehe :P
2007-06-15, 8:20 PM #30
Yeah, You mean the new one with Shia Ledouche?

I bought a copy of it at Camp Taji. Not a good one, mind you, but it's watchable.

I'd hardly consider admitting to buying a pirated movie in a country where it's probably legal a bannable offence, Mbeggar. Hasn't discussion of piracy always meant advocating, or requeisting or giving info on pirating? I don't remember anyone getting in trouble for admitting to pirating something.
I mean, seriously, I doubt that anyone in this forum has not at one time at least borrowed a song illiegally.
2007-06-15, 8:30 PM #31
Isn't back-seat modding bannable?

Oh crap, am I doing it too? >_>
2007-06-15, 9:24 PM #32
I don't think so actually, but I'm not doing that either. Mini-modding is where you correct another poster. Technically personal attacks are banable too, but if that was ever actually enforced no one would ever be able to post here.

Come to think of it, Massassi isn't exactly what I would call PG anymore either. The only thing the mods seem serious about is piracy, which makes sense, because it can get a site shut down. Still, I think they tend to go over board sometimes.
2007-06-15, 9:26 PM #33
Originally posted by Wookie06:
He's in Iraq so he has easy access to the pirated copies that the hadjis sell.

I really wish people would stop using that word.

I mean if you're going to go that far you might as well say "I get my drugs from the ****** on the corner, a kike does my taxes, and this cholo I know cuts my grass every week for $5."

It just doesn't sound good, does it?
2007-06-15, 9:44 PM #34
Apart from ****** I have no idea what slurs you are using there.

That is, assuming that ***** means what I think ***** means...
2007-06-15, 9:48 PM #35
Well you could read around the words. I was implying maximum racism.

Taxes = money = kikes must mean jews

Grass = too lazy to cut = manual labor = cholo obviously means mexican.
2007-06-15, 9:51 PM #36
Anyway, back to the topic at hand, am I the only one who's a bit irritated that Optimus has flames now?
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-06-15, 9:56 PM #37
Originally posted by Rob:
Well you could read around the words. I was implying maximum racism.

Taxes = money = kikes must mean jews

Grass = too lazy to cut = manual labor = cholo obviously means mexican.

I've never knowingly met a jew or a mexican, and even though I did know about the stereo type of jews and money, it could've also been about japanese being good at maths.
And I'd never known about mexicans doing everyones manual labour.

We aren't all american you racist! =p
2007-06-15, 10:25 PM #38
Someone returned a voice changer helmet today and my manager and I were playing with it. It is soo bad ***.
2007-06-15, 10:35 PM #39
At first I thought the flames were really stupid, but I've gotten used to them. They're not that noticable when he's in robot form.

Bumblebee looks majorly awesome though.
2007-06-16, 1:30 AM #40
Originally posted by Deadman:
And I'd never known about mexicans doing everyones manual labour.

Haha, clearly you've never been to Southern California. :P

↑ Up to the top!