Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Update on the Main Page?
Update on the Main Page?
2007-06-22, 7:10 AM #1
Put lolcat pics up there or something.

emirite?
2007-06-22, 7:13 AM #2
The front page (hell, Massassi in general besides the forums and the chat) has been dead since 2004, there's no need to.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-06-22, 7:15 AM #3
Massassi? What's that?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-06-22, 7:17 AM #4
You know it's boring and staleeeeeeeeeeee.
2007-06-22, 7:18 AM #5
oh yea, the .org page hasn't updated since May 19, 2005
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-06-22, 7:36 AM #6
Massassi has a main page? :P
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-06-22, 7:49 AM #7
I used to have /2 as my homepage. But then it broke for whatever reason, I think. So I use the forum menu thingy as a homepage.

The news is dead to me.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-06-22, 7:52 AM #8
Do people really not send their levels/mods to Massassi anymore, or does no one simply add them to the site? Or does no one edit JK/JO/JA anymore?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2007-06-22, 8:46 AM #9
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:

Pissed Off?
2007-06-22, 8:50 AM #10
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Do people really not send their levels/mods to Massassi anymore, or does no one simply add them to the site? Or does no one edit JK/JO/JA anymore?

I still edit JA.

I think there is an issue regarding uploading files. From what I've heard, its way too time consuming.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-06-22, 9:00 AM #11
I'm Jepman!
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-06-22, 12:46 PM #12
What should I post? You can get Sam and Max on steam? JK is dead? What do you want me to post?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-22, 1:00 PM #13
I'm Jepman.

Lolcats.

ANYTHING.
2007-06-22, 1:50 PM #14
I beat Kirby to it!
2007-06-22, 2:00 PM #15
Great, now I'll have to post enough news to push DSettahr's news off the page!
2007-06-22, 2:00 PM #16
I just hope this Force Unleashed game is fun to play.

Thats all.
2007-06-22, 2:01 PM #17
It's probably consoles only. :(
2007-06-22, 2:13 PM #18
The website makes it sound like it's going to be the Shadows of the Empire of 2007/2008... with all kinds of licensing, including comic books and a novel.
2007-06-22, 2:22 PM #19
Excuse me for being a heretic by saying this but I personally think Massassi (as in the website, not the forum) should be retired and perhaps archived for anyone interesting in downloading the website for their own viewing offline. Jedi Knight HUB seems to be pretty active so I would suggest to Brian that he would consider having massassi.net either redirect to that website or allow the guys that run it merge with massassi because let's face it - the website is dead and the only reason for most people to visit massassi is to socialize on either the forums or the chat channel.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-06-22, 7:23 PM #20
I thought the discussion forum -was- the main page =p
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-06-22, 9:17 PM #21
Originally posted by JediKirby:
What should I post? You can get Sam and Max on steam? JK is dead? What do you want me to post?

Post the video of the lady who shoots eels out her butt, this is deeply relevant to star wars gaming. i dont think i need to explain why, thats obvious.
2007-06-22, 10:00 PM #22
Originally posted by DSettahr:
The website makes it sound like it's going to be the Shadows of the Empire of 2007/2008... with all kinds of licensing, including comic books and a novel.

Well, I would make a news post when they actually post screenshots of the game. But I doubt such an event will come in a few months. :/
2007-06-22, 10:06 PM #23
I TRIED TO GET PEOPLE TO HELP MAKE SOMETHING TO PUT ON THE FRONT PAGE BUT EVERYONE IS TOO LAZY AND FAT AND I HATE YOU ALL BOO
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-06-22, 10:10 PM #24
Put me in charge, i'll totally renovate the site and turn it around.

It'll even have a premium area for members, we can make loads of money.

I have video equipment.
2007-06-22, 10:21 PM #25
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:

woot!
2007-06-22, 10:42 PM #26
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Excuse me for being a heretic by saying this but I personally think Massassi (as in the website, not the forum) should be retired and perhaps archived for anyone interesting in downloading the website for their own viewing offline. Jedi Knight HUB seems to be pretty active so I would suggest to Brian that he would consider having massassi.net either redirect to that website or allow the guys that run it merge with massassi because let's face it - the website is dead and the only reason for most people to visit massassi is to socialize on either the forums or the chat channel.

ZeqMacaw and I have offered Brian several times to merge the sites. MB has also tried to expand Massassi to something a little more active. Brian is hesitant (Which I don't exactly blame him) and MB is fat.

Anyone have any other ideas we site admin types can work on? If we have enough support and enough energy, we can probably convince brian.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-22, 10:46 PM #27
I'd be willing to help however I can serverside. Brian mentioned to me numerous times that's he's not altogether against a revamp of Massassi. I think he just wants it done right.
2007-06-22, 10:52 PM #28

Anyone have any other ideas we site admin types can work on? If we have enough support and enough energy, we can probably convince brian.

A better file uploading system? It seems to be a pain for both visitors and admins.

But I don't like the idea of merging. JKHub seems fine the way it is, as a user-oriented branch with Massassi as an anchor. News updates and such for Massassi's front page would appear to be best, or atleast as a first.

If Massassi is going to expand into something else, the question is what and would it be worth it? Half-life 2 has millions of other websites. There are the Battlefront series and Republic Commando, but Massassi sorta missed the time to establish as a site for editing them. Prehaps Force Unleashed ? (I'm still not clear if its going to be just console only)
2007-06-22, 11:34 PM #29
A built in JK/JO/JA server?
With its own page that lists what levels and what people,etc are on?
2007-06-23, 12:20 AM #30
The idea is that we don't want to be weighed down by that dying franchise. We can still support it, but the amount of work required to do anything JediX oriented wouldn't be worth the 12 people who might use it for the first month.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-23, 12:25 AM #31
Yeah I have relatively recent SOTD which was from about 2 years ago. That tells you how much people care about the main Massassi page.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-23, 12:26 AM #32
There aren't SotDs in the showcase...
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-23, 12:43 AM #33
Hey, *****. Wait until I get really bored and start making models again. Then there'll be SotDs in the showcase.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-23, 12:45 AM #34
hahahaha.

OK.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-23, 12:48 AM #35
Actually I keep wanting to make a model. I just can't differentiate between getting drunk, having a girlfriend, working, and chilling out. I really should take a few hours and make model just to prove to you bastards that I still got it.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-23, 12:52 AM #36
But you don't, so why bother?

Loser.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-23, 1:07 AM #37
Oh kirby, you just want some pixel sex.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-23, 1:51 AM #38
It could be updated, but is there any news around somewhere? I don't really notice anymore. I go to the EC first (hardly ever has updates either) which is odd as there was a stage when everyone posted pictures on it, but since the advent of JKHub its gone dead. I always post images on both :).

But we've got the forums and the editing resources why worry? :)
2007-06-23, 9:55 AM #39
MB is fat.

MB isn't fat. He's actually pretty skinny. I've met him before.

Anyways, here's my two cents: Massassi seems to have reached a point in that it has pretty much stabilized into a small population of regular visitors, all whom are really dedicated (for god knows what reason) to the community. It's not Jedi Knight (the games themselves or editing them) that keeps drawing us back, it's the community. I think that rather than choosing a new game on which to focus (which I think would be a bad idea), any site revamp should focus on the community that already exists. If we want new people to register, then we should focus on improving the community, and then people will find out about the site by word of mouth.

I agree that combining Massassi and JKHub isn't a bad idea. I think that forums and user-generated content should be the main focus of the site, integrated into one system with one login and password. Back when I had FTP access, I added a feature to the main site where anyone could submit news items via a form and format them themselves... and then a staff member just had to look it over, edit it if necessary, and then reject it or add it to the news list.

I also agree that it should be done right- and that's going to mean a lot of hard work and dedication. Perhaps the best way to go about it is to make small changes, rather than trying to do a complete overhaul all at once.
2007-06-23, 10:18 AM #40
I mean, how big of a transition do we want to make? We could install publishing CMS' and allow users to generate news stories, whatever? I don't know where we really want to go with this.

Maybe if people made a bunch of outlandish suggestions, we could find a decent place that we all agree on and then we can move foreword.

So here's my outlandish idea:

We make some of our regular threads into more official things. Name That Game becomes it's own page, we have a section for music criticisms and ratings, we develop a religious forum (in the sense of a discussion forum, not an internet forum) where people make statements, and others offer counter statements. We have article sections for different opinions on certain topics, and we have a group of editors that filters things through. We develop a completely community based effort that simply takes what we already do and puts it on steroids. We've got a lot of skills that we could all compile in order to make a decent place for people to visit. A user map would also help to develop the community aspect. We could also feature different activities of our users on the main page. so if someone makes a level for a game, we post about it and offer hosting, even if it's not JK related. If someone makes a youtube video, we feature it and say a few things. We become our own little soap box.

Again, I'm tossing out an extreme idea that I'm sure people will disagree with. I don't even know how good of an idea it is; I'm just trying to make some gears turn.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!