Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wow, Strong parenting.
Wow, Strong parenting.
2007-06-22, 6:14 PM #1
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=3305652&page=1

Next headline will be "Father of 16 year old girl brutally murders 40 year old husbend"
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-06-22, 6:23 PM #2
ewwww
Pissed Off?
2007-06-22, 6:31 PM #3
Well, maybe they're actually in love. Lovely how the article gives the impression that this can be nothing other than a tragedy.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-06-22, 6:38 PM #4
Wow. The school district isn't responsible for what goes on outside school hours?

When I was in high school we got suspended if we got in a fight outside of school.

Oh also, too bad the article makes it seem like it's OMG OMG EVIL MAN.

Society, hah!
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-06-22, 6:44 PM #5
Originally posted by TheCarpKing:
Well, maybe they're actually in love. Lovely how the article gives the impression that this can be nothing other than a tragedy.

i take it you have a pedosmile
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-06-22, 7:01 PM #6
Her parents have nothing to whine about. They signed the consent form. They put their seal of approval on the situation themselves. They are stupid.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-06-22, 7:04 PM #7
Well, one could argue that "true love knows no bounds". But 16 seems a wee bit too young to make such a huge decision.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-06-22, 7:16 PM #8
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i take it you have a pedosmile

What exactly is this whole "pedosmile" thing I've heard so much about?

And by the way, 16 isn't really pedophilia. It's ephebophilia.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-06-22, 7:27 PM #9
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
Her parents have nothing to whine about. They signed the consent form. They put their seal of approval on the situation themselves. They are stupid.

$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-06-22, 7:53 PM #10
Originally posted by TheCarpKing:

A kiddy fiddler like you would say something like that.
2007-06-22, 9:51 PM #11
I thought you had to be 18 to marry. But anyways, I agree with TheCarpKing - it doesn't seem to be as "tragic" as they make it appear to be. It would've been much worse if she'd be made pregnant by someone her age and then forced to have the baby she doesn't want and marry the man she doesn't love due to her (or her family's) religious conventions. Now that's tragic. It is, however, considered relatively normal. Here, at least one of them probably knows what they're doing.
幻術
2007-06-22, 9:54 PM #12
It is not normal for a 40 year old to marry a 16 year old highschool student.

It's sick, if anything.
2007-06-22, 10:00 PM #13
It's not normal for a 16 year old to marry at all.
幻術
2007-06-22, 10:13 PM #14
Originally posted by Koobie:
It's not normal for a 16 year old to marry at all.

Well, today yea but it wasn't that way like 400 years ago, although the idea of a 12 and 13 year old couple attempting to raise a family sounds a bit amusing :P
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-06-22, 10:17 PM #15
Originally posted by Koobie:
I thought you had to be 18 to marry. But anyways, I agree with TheCarpKing - it doesn't seem to be as "tragic" as they make it appear to be. It would've been much worse if she'd be made pregnant by someone her age and then forced to have the baby she doesn't want and marry the man she doesn't love due to her (or her family's) religious conventions. Now that's tragic. It is, however, considered relatively normal. Here, at least one of them probably knows what they're doing.

you can get emancipated to be considered a non-minor minor for marriages or if you can be able to take care of yourself on your own
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-06-22, 11:05 PM #16
I'd like to see more of this kind of thing happening, really. We've pushed back childhood too far as it is. 18 years? It used to be more like 12 and you were a man. A secret oligarchy of individuals bent on social engineering the populace to cater to their needs ensured that it became a "shame" for someone not to finish their school system which was designed to construct conforming, consuming, non-questioning, good workers. And they made sure it became a "shame" that little Susie's purity is interrupted at the oh-so-young-and-innocent age of 16 by being married, when really there is very little truth in that at all.

Poppycock.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-06-22, 11:10 PM #17
Her parents are morons.
2007-06-22, 11:51 PM #18
Idiotic, but whatever.

*looks around, noticing expecting stares*

Oh blah!

Damn you Americans are nuts.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-06-23, 12:03 AM #19
she looks happy

he looks like a rapist.

either way, he is gettin sum tight poon right there.
2007-06-23, 12:40 AM #20
This would've been easy to handle by the parents, and they're idiots for going the "What else could we do?" route.

"If you really love him, sweetheart, you can wait until you're 18 and have become an adult. At that point you can make a life altering decision. We can't let a 16 year old girl decide the rest of her life."

They then call the older man up, ask him to stay far away from their daughter until she's legally old enough to marry, and if he can keep his pecker off of other little girls that long, they can make the decision to marry then.

I honestly think he's mildly retarded for suggesting they get married. He should know far better to just wait.

And while I don't morally approve of a 16 year old making a life decision, it really shouldn't matter how old he is. He probably used his position of authority to make her more attracted to him, etc etc, but it could happen the exact same way with a 20 year old coach, and suddenly more people would consider them in-love. We can't possibly judge how in-love they are, but we can judge how capable of making decisions she is.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-23, 2:34 AM #21
There is probably a good reason he was 40 and single.

I bet she's wearing a giant chicken suit and rubbing his feet right now, and regretting the weird fetishes she has fallen victim to.
My blawgh.
2007-06-23, 4:41 AM #22
you do realise that in some places, you can legaly get married at 16 years of age, so long as the older person is not some figure of authority such as a police officer or a teacher of said 16 year old.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2007-06-23, 5:30 AM #23
You do realize this is a marriage between a student and a teacher
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-06-23, 7:39 AM #24
"I'm not your teacher, I'm your coach." - Coach Carter haha

Anyways, I really think that the parents were stupid. I mean even if she threatened to kill herself, her parents shouldn't have even signed that friggin' consent form. They should have seriously told her to wait 'till she would be 18 to think about it. That girl threw her life away by marrying this old 40 year old man.

Plus, now what? It would probably be harder for that 40 year old man to get a job at other places.

Interviewer: "So, are you married?"
40 year old man: "Yes.....to..a 16 YEAR OLD GIRL MUHAHAHA! WHAT NOT GONNA HIRE ME? DIE!!!!!!!!
:gonk:
Back again
2007-06-23, 7:45 AM #25
It won't last either. Think about it. In 20 years, he'll be 60 years old and a card-carrying member of AARP. She'll just be 36, and will probably be looking at 16-year-old high school boys for kicks...
2007-06-23, 7:57 AM #26
Theres no way it's going to last 20 years.
I give it ten at the absolute most. Absolute, highly unlikely, crawling right out to the end of the branch most.
2007-06-23, 8:44 AM #27
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I'd like to see more of this kind of thing happening, really. We've pushed back childhood too far as it is. 18 years? It used to be more like 12 and you were a man. A secret oligarchy of individuals bent on social engineering the populace to cater to their needs ensured that it became a "shame" for someone not to finish their school system which was designed to construct conforming, consuming, non-questioning, good workers. And they made sure it became a "shame" that little Susie's purity is interrupted at the oh-so-young-and-innocent age of 16 by being married, when really there is very little truth in that at all.

Poppycock.

I forgive you because I know thats just the mormon in you talking.
2007-06-23, 8:54 AM #28
This seems like the kind of thing that could have happened at my high school.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-06-23, 8:58 AM #29
Its America, they'll be divorced in a few months.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-06-23, 1:01 PM #30
Originally posted by Freelancer:

Poppycock.

People didn't use to live as long.
Pissed Off?
2007-06-23, 1:30 PM #31
Originally posted by Rob:
It is not normal for a 40 year old to marry a 16 year old highschool student.

It's sick, if anything.

Well the question is, who decides what is "sick"? Also being "not normal" isn't really a valid argument.

Just sayin'.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-06-23, 1:35 PM #32
Am I the only one who noticed the fact that she's god-awful ugly? And it's not like she'll be getting any prettier any time soon, either. So all in all, a wise move on her part.
幻術
2007-06-23, 1:50 PM #33
They look related.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-06-23, 2:47 PM #34
*shrug*
2007-06-23, 7:42 PM #35
Originally posted by Roach:
They look related.

+1
2007-06-23, 7:52 PM #36
Thats icky. But at the same time, why should anyone care what a creepy old man and a stupid high school girl do? It their lives, let them do what they want.

o.0
2007-06-23, 8:04 PM #37
They care because it's a creepy old teacher that interacts with stupid high-school girls on a daily basis.
2007-06-23, 8:04 PM #38
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Thats icky. But at the same time, why should anyone care what a creepy old man and a stupid high school girl do? It their lives, let them do what they want.

Mmk.

Do you have a sister?

Ok, regardless, imagine one of your female relatives.

She decides to marry me. (thats bad)

You're concerned yes?

ITS OURS LIFES LET THEM DO WHAT THEY WANT YOU INTERFERERERERES PRECIOUS!

However, I agree with your point when it comes to the media and the people on this forum.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-06-23, 8:23 PM #39
well, hey if its ok for a 40 year old to marry a 16 year old, then why not a 14 year old... you know what, really why not a 12 year old? i mean as long as their "in love" who are we to say its wrong? who are we to say whats normal?
i mean you know because teenagers are so good at making decisions as it is, why not let them make that one as well? i mean its not like most girls would fall for some older man giving them attention. its not like most teenage girls have issues with self image or anything, and would love to have a "real man" tell them how beautiful they are. its not like they would have any trouble making a rational decision with this older guy with a car, a career, and everything else in the world, flattering them with every breath.
no, no, no... this sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to me. [/sarcasm]
:suicide:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-06-23, 9:45 PM #40
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
...:suicide:

Well stated.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:

↑ Up to the top!