Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → And just like that, she was gone.
And just like that, she was gone.
2007-06-29, 4:08 AM #1
So three days ago my girlfriend broke up with me.

We had been together for one year and two days. We celebrated our one year anniversary on Sunday. She took me out to dinner and I had salmon for the first time in my life. I said to her I thought it was some kind of bizzare metaphor for my ability to change. Who knows, who cares.

The important part is, I guess she didn't care. On tuesday, she broke up with me, citing that it "just wasn't working anymore." I don't really know what to do or how to handle this.

In case you didn't know, I've been living with her for 6 months. It costs about $1000 to break our lease. Now I'm faced with a dilemma. Do I stay here, in one of the safest neighborhoods in all of Columbus, or do I move out, and save my sanity?

She just walked out the door on her way to Indiana. Her parents live there. She's staying there for the weekend. I know this seems conveniant, but she's been planning to go for weeks. I find myself wondering if it's not the only thing she was planning. It seems a little conveniant.

What should I do? I know the easy route is just to get wasted and live with it, and that's what I've been doing. But, I'm not happy with that. For the last three days I've been miserable. We've ended every day with some sort of fight because I've ended up begging her to take me back.

So I guess this is just me reaching out, wanting someone to throw a raft and help me out here. I, for the first time in years, just don't know what to do.

:suicide:
>>untie shoes
2007-06-29, 4:10 AM #2
What a skank. A skank with big boobs, but still...

Hope you manage something :\
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-06-29, 6:31 AM #3
Take the girl, she will be a sacrifice.
2007-06-29, 6:50 AM #4
I'm sorry to hear that dude. Do you have any friends you know who'd be willing to help you out financially?
DO NOT WANT.
2007-06-29, 6:55 AM #5
I burned most of my bridges in the last 6 months. I only have a few friends left.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-29, 7:02 AM #6
Women aren't worth your time. She was probably cheating on you, or planning to, or something...

**** I'm not helping, am I? :suicide:
2007-06-29, 7:08 AM #7
Well, friend, I will begin by saying that I am extremely sorry that you had to go through this. I for one have gone through similar, thus I know how you feel.

Sadly, there isn't that many options to look into when faced with this. There is the option of throwing your hands up, allowing your heart to become stone, say you don't care an move on. You can also take a deep breath, talk with her and discuss, not with begging. Simply discussion with no expectations of the outcome. The third is to take the hit, it is indeed a painful one, and allow yourself to look into the nicer parts of life and move along. What bridge you did burn, shout across them, see if those people across will hear you and perhaps help building that bridge anew. The last one, which is by far the worste, is to simply drink up, linger on the problem and refuse to move along in one way or another.

:suicide: is not even an option.

Now, away from what you can do in the long run, there are things I used to do that helped ease the pain, temporarily or permanently. The first would be to look back on the relationship, and try to understand what went wrong. Realise that some people are just not compatible in the long run. Do not be hard on yourself, because thats the worste thing to do. Just look back on it and see what went wrong. Who knows, maybe you'll have an epiphany and realise what was the problem. Discuss that with her, if you do. DO NOT however, expect to be taken back. Not everyone will give their counterpart a chance. On the other hand, all that a man can do is offer himself with the want to be better, whether for this person or the next. What you learn here may help in future relationships, if this one isn't meant to be.

What I would often do is get in the shower, get the water to my liking and just sit at the bottom, knees brought up to my chin and just allowing the filth of pain to wash off of you. Visualise your troubles just coming off of you and flowing, with the water, down the drain. Wash them away.

The worste things you can do is linger on it, or constantly beg to be taken back. It'll drive the other further and further away, and shatter your heard more and more.

We are creatures who live by fate's will. Focus on yourself, allow your feelings to strengthen themselves, and allow things to develop as time will. While that happens, just be yourself, and be at your best.

Good luck.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-06-29, 7:09 AM #8
That's rough, I'm sorry.

maybe all of your bridges aren't burned. Try to make contact with someone - you never know. And don't beg her to take you back - she doesn't deserve the satisfaction
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-06-29, 7:34 AM #9
This is pretty much the first time where I have said this: listen to Jep. He pretty much has solid advice, and although you probably don't want to hear this, you're not going to like most advice people offer you during this time.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-06-29, 8:05 AM #10
The saddest part is I really want her back, and I know that sort of thing almost never happens.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-29, 8:07 AM #11
Am I remembering wrong, or were you the one who was always complaining about how much his girlfriend annoyed him in IRC, and said you were only staying with her because she was hot, or something? If I'm wrong I apologize, if not then maybe it's for the best.

These things suck hard, but in the end it's a learning experience and you will move on. I know that sounds impossible right now, but believe me, it isn't.
2007-06-29, 8:17 AM #12
You totally helped me out in my breakup man, so I'm really sorry to hear about yours. Follow your own advice and realize how women are. Realize that, no matter how amazing she might be, you are still you without her. She doesn't complete you, and you can be whole with someone else.

Hang in there, you know how to get ahold of me.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-29, 8:17 AM #13
We fought alot there for a little while and then things got better.

I'm gonna try to put it back together for a week or two, and if I can't I'm just moving out of this apartment. I think it can be put back together pretty simply. Probably by the time she gets back from Indiana she'll want to be back together.

Honestly, she's done this a few times. She'll be super pissed, and occasionally talk of breaking up with me or break up with me, and then she just gets over it and it's like it never happened. She'll say she's sorry and we'll move on.

It just sucks when it happens because I always hope it's not the last time.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-29, 8:29 AM #14
Does she have a history of trying to put you through guilt trips or some form of emotional ransoming?
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-06-29, 8:46 AM #15
Is there a reason you have to move out? Did you move in together, or was it her apartment and did you move into it?

I just recall a similar situation in another chat room I go to sometimes, where two people were living together, the girlfriend broke up with the guy, and then expected him to move out. I didn't really get it.

And best of luck, Antony. We all <3 you.

Well I do at least.

Secretly.

In my closet.
Every night.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-06-29, 8:49 AM #16
Originally posted by Roach:
Does she have a history of trying to put you through guilt trips or some form of emotional ransoming?

Sort of. I kinda get the feeling she just wants to punish me for alot of the **** I've done. It should be all better by the end of this weekend. I'll be sure to post an update after she gets back in town Sunday.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-29, 10:17 AM #17
i thought she broke up with you because you pissed on her shoes?

got any dirty pictures to leak online?
2007-06-29, 12:22 PM #18
Originally posted by Antony:
Sort of. I kinda get the feeling she just wants to punish me for alot of the **** I've done.

Punishment or not man it's way out of order. I wouldn't take this on board, but if you're positive shes doing so you could always act like you're moving out when she comes back and see what happens...

...Ignore me.
nope.
2007-06-29, 12:33 PM #19
There's no reason to be down. That's just letting her win in this scenario.
Besides, Being down is not going to change the situation.

Go out and find another woman. There are plenty out there willing to go out with you. But they're not going to do it if you mope around like a little whipped puppy.

Be a man and go find another woman.
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-06-29, 12:38 PM #20
Originally posted by 82nd_Fister:

Go out and find another woman. There are plenty out there willing to go out with you. But they're not going to do it if you mope around like a little whipped puppy.

army maks u gro balz lawl
2007-06-29, 12:40 PM #21

Yknow, I'm pretty damn sure this isn't about him just getting laid. Go take some more steroids.
nope.
2007-06-29, 12:44 PM #22
Yeah ... I don't know.

My fiancee didn't leave me in Iraq, For a 1st Cav guy, no less.

You don't think that crushed me? Even a little? I mean, We had been together a year and a half. It was a little painful..

But I guess I don't know what I'm talking about..
2007-06-29, 12:46 PM #23

You don't think that crushed me?

So, um... :psyduck:
2007-06-29, 12:46 PM #24
Yeah ... I don't know.

You don't think that crushed me? Even a little? I mean, We had been together a year and a half. It was a little painful..

But I guess I don't know what I'm talking about..

Obviously not, if you think its as simple as "Be a man and find another woman."
2007-06-29, 12:49 PM #25
The whole thing made me cold. I don't think I'll ever have a serious relationship with a woman ever again.
2007-06-29, 12:50 PM #26
The whole thing made me cold. I don't think I'll ever have a serious relationship with a woman ever again.

Macho macho mannnnnnnnnnn
2007-06-29, 1:00 PM #27
Get out and don't look back. Don't talk to her anymore either. Cut off all contact.
Pissed Off?
2007-06-29, 1:04 PM #28
Originally posted by Jep:
Macho macho mannnnnnnnnnn

Omgz jep's jealous :D
2007-06-29, 1:05 PM #29
I KNOW .( I want big army balls too .(
2007-06-29, 1:06 PM #30
Avenger's got the right idea, really...
2007-06-29, 1:06 PM #31
Originally posted by Jep:
I KNOW .( I want big army balls too .(

no no no, tiny army balls.

the steroids, you know
2007-06-29, 1:15 PM #32
Originally posted by saberopus:
no no no, tiny army balls.

the steroids, you know

True.
2007-06-29, 1:50 PM #33
Originally posted by Avenger:
Get out and don't look back. Don't talk to her anymore either. Cut off all contact.

I'm with Avenger on this. Don't put up with women that play mind games.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-06-29, 2:20 PM #34
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
I'm with Avenger on this. Don't put up with women that play mind games.

Am I right? There are plenty of other women out there to be with besides one who will **** with your head?
2007-06-29, 2:31 PM #35
when she comes back you should have all kinds of other womens underwear laying around! :argh:
actually i dont know what your should do, thats a crappy situation. .(
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-06-29, 2:31 PM #36
Am I right? There are plenty of other women out there to be with besides one who will **** with your head?

There are...but it's also no better for the guy to go out and use girls just to get laid.
2007-06-29, 2:35 PM #37
I meant for Girlfriend material. Not just to go out and sleep with.

As much as I want to, I can't bring myself to just go out and sleep with random women.
2007-06-29, 2:39 PM #38
I was just clarifying in case. I don't want to condone jerk behavior. >_>
2007-06-29, 3:04 PM #39
hahahahahahahahahahahaha, you trusted someone
2007-06-29, 3:46 PM #40
hahahaha beetches, I'm Jon`****in`C!

↑ Up to the top!