Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → what are you reading right now?
what are you reading right now?
2007-07-04, 1:05 PM #41
The Salmon of Doubt - Douglas Adams
Think while it's still legal.
2007-07-04, 1:06 PM #42
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Woken Furies by Richard K. Morgan

Brargh? How is it?
2007-07-04, 1:09 PM #43
Originally posted by saberopus:
Brargh? How is it?

So far? Good. Altered Carbon was great, Broken Angels was pretty good, but Woken Furies brings back the cyberpunk rather than having it be just a convenient backdrop.

It's pretty awesome so far, but I haven't gotten all the way through it. Oh yeah, and a little hint, Quellism's REALLY big in this book *snicker*
D E A T H
2007-07-04, 1:16 PM #44
Originally posted by Whelly:
I found my old Calvin and Hobbes books recently, so I've been reading through them every night. I loved this comic when I was kid, but when I read them now I realize how incredible and heartfelt they are.

C&H rules.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-07-05, 2:44 PM #45
1984 by George Orwell (never read it, believe it or not).

I just finished Phantom. I'm probably going to read the Otherland series next...or maybe The God Delusion...need to fit in some time for The Children of Hurin as well.
2007-07-05, 4:09 PM #46
Now reading:

Confessions of an Economic Hitman -- John Perkins
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-05, 4:15 PM #47
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Now reading:

Confessions of an Economic Hitman -- John Perkins

How is that? I've been thinking about picking it up.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-07-05, 4:29 PM #48
Amazing, I'd definitely pick it up.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-05, 7:45 PM #49
I'm reading The Lost World (Michael Crichton) and Fragile Things (Neil Gaiman).

I've been trying to read Catch-22, but I just can't get into it, so I think I'm abandoning that book.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-07-05, 7:51 PM #50
Originally posted by Ford:
do you find it as hard to get through as i did?

Yeah, i'm about halfway through so far, after the awesomeness of the waste lands this teen cowboy love story is slow and kinda drek in comparison, hopefully it'll pick up a bit soon.
2007-07-05, 8:23 PM #51
haven't legitimately read a new book in over 2, maybe 3 years (excluding textbooks and associated reading materials, of course). hmm, that's not good, is it?

↑ Up to the top!