Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A survey about height.
A survey about height.
2007-07-07, 10:45 AM #41
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
I think it's because guys always seem to want a shorter girl. Guys have rejected me (after one date) because I'm "too tall" for them. And then after one date with me they usually find a shorter girl who they end up marrying. :/ It's kind of sad how many times that's happened.

But whatever...I love my height now! I wear heels to be even taller. :awesome:

I like tall girls :(

Me: 6'

Ideal: 5'10 - 6'
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-07, 11:14 AM #42
Originally posted by happydud:
I never really understood why you'd want your significant other to be taller or shorter than you. Anatomically, it would seem that a very similar height would be optimal.

Well, as Meavie pointed out, there's the hugging thing.
When you're huggin a girl who's eyeline is at or below your chin, her head rests very comfortably on your shoulder and it's just... well... nice.

hmm...

I'm lonely.
:gbk:
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-07-07, 11:40 AM #43
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
When you're huggin a girl who's eyeline is at or below your chin, her head rests very comfortably on your shoulder and it's just... well... nice.

hmm...

I'm lonely.
:gbk:

I call it the Snuggle Factor(tm).
2007-07-07, 12:23 PM #44
see i posted snuggle factor too. mines just a different snuggle factor.
2007-07-07, 12:46 PM #45
Originally posted by happydud:
For the graph:
Me: 5'7"
Ideal: 5'7"

True ideal: +/- an inch.

I never really understood why you'd want your significant other to be taller or shorter than you. Anatomically, it would seem that a very similar height would be optimal.

I agree, happydud, and it'd be the same for me if I wasn't a 6'freakin'6" walking stick. :P It's strange enough for a guy to be that tall, a girl that tall or close, even if she was somehow magically proportional, would be pretty strange. Not that I'd necessarily complain, mind you.

In good part, my number is just to make Sarn's hypothosis easier. That, and two awesome Massassian ladies happen to be my ideal height... :o
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-07-07, 1:11 PM #46
Me: 5'8"
Her: 5'7"? Hell, I don't really care.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-07-07, 2:57 PM #47
me: 5'11"
Ideal: 5'7.5" (averaged it for you.)
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-07-07, 3:03 PM #48
Me: 5'11"
Ideal: 5'5" as a general sort of guesstimate
2007-07-07, 3:32 PM #49
I'm 6'4", but I really don't care about height as long as it's in a reasonable range like 5-6'2" or the like, so I don't think contributing an arbitrary number will help your statistics.
2007-07-07, 4:24 PM #50
Originally posted by djwguitarman:

yep, that's it. with the ex that I mentioned, when we hugged standing up, my head would rest in that space just below his collarbone... utterly lovely

it also means that when you put your arms around her, they go around the tops of her arms, which feels really nice, and her arms rest comfortably on your waist
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2007-07-07, 4:36 PM #51
A female friend of mine once said that girls prefer it when a guys arms go around their waist so that the girl's arms go around the neck. I was actually slightly distressed upon hearing this news because all the girls I knew were too small for me to comfortably put my arms around their waist :P I guess I was too young at the time to consider different preferences with different people.
2007-07-07, 4:37 PM #52
Well, I'm about 5'7" or so, and I'd say that my height or shorter is good.
2007-07-07, 4:56 PM #53
Originally posted by LividDK27:
A female friend of mine once said that girls prefer it when a guys arms go around their waist so that the girl's arms go around the neck.

Since I'm such a short guy, thats how I hug almost any girl. Its really awkward hugging tall girls because their chin usually rests on my head and its a really degrading feeling for me :colbert:

2007-07-07, 6:15 PM #54
Originally posted by NDNmojo:
Since I'm such a short guy, thats how I hug almost any girl. Its really awkward hugging tall girls because their chin usually rests on my head and its a really degrading feeling for me :colbert:

hahaha yeah, that's probably why i've never dated taller girls. we're on the same boat mojo.
2007-07-09, 8:18 PM #55
Me: 6' 2"
Ideal Height of Lovely: 5' 9"

I wouldn't mind a bit shorter or taller. And Sugarless, quesadilla_red: anytime. ;)
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2007-07-09, 8:47 PM #56
here's my stats for you guys..

loosely calculated, and I ignored anyone that gave me a really large range (closer ranges I averaged out). I also ignored women's responses (sorry roxi and maevie)

man - girl
5'7" - 5'6.5"
5'8" - 5'7"
5'10" - 5'5.5"
5'11" - 5'5"
6'0" - 5'8.5"
6'1" - 5'7"
6'2" - 5'8"
6'3" - 5'5"
6'6" - 5'9"

So interestingly enough, it's quite varied. I expected the ideal height of a woman to have followed the height of the man more closely.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-07-09, 8:55 PM #57
Eh, I would have contributed except it doesn't matter a whole lot to me. I think it's super sexy if a tall girl can be confident about her height, since lots of girls are self conscious.

However, IMO, small girls offer more lovemaking possibilities...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-07-09, 8:55 PM #58
Me: 6' 1"
Her: Same or shorter, within six inches I'd say. Put me down for 5' 10" I guess.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-07-09, 9:11 PM #59
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
here's my stats for you guys..

loosely calculated, and I ignored anyone that gave me a really large range (closer ranges I averaged out). I also ignored women's responses (sorry roxi and maevie)

man - girl
5'7" - 5'6.5"
5'8" - 5'7"
5'10" - 5'5.5"
5'11" - 5'5"
6'0" - 5'8.5"
6'1" - 5'7"
6'2" - 5'8"
6'3" - 5'5"
6'6" - 5'9"

So interestingly enough, it's quite varied. I expected the ideal height of a woman to have followed the height of the man more closely.

It probably would have if you'd had a larger sample. We looked at a study comparing heights of husbands and wives in my stats class, and I think I remember the numbers being pretty strongly correlated.
2007-07-09, 9:30 PM #60
There's a great facebook app for building polls. You could use that and get a larger demographic, which I think would really help.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-07-09, 9:35 PM #61
We want a graph! WHERE'S THE GRAPH?! YOU SAID!!!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-07-09, 9:51 PM #62
PRETTY PICTURES NOW DAMMIT THE NUMBERS HURT MY HEAD
2007-07-09, 11:56 PM #63
6"

8"
2007-07-10, 12:24 AM #64
Sleazay! ;)
2007-07-10, 5:33 AM #65
Me: 5'11
Ideal: 5'6/5'7
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-07-10, 6:07 AM #66
I'm the same as buck.
nope.
2007-07-10, 6:59 AM #67
K, I'll make a graph tonight.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-07-10, 11:16 AM #68
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
I also ignored women's responses (sorry roxi and maevie)

Wait, so you counted mine?

Cool!
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2007-07-10, 5:18 PM #69
yeah it was because all but maybe 2 people said someone shorter than me, which of course is not unusual, though I'm really not that incredibly tall, most guys like shorter girls. My bigger problem is then short girls turn around and ***** about being short. Being tall really isn't that great, short girls get more perks. That and when I see these tall guys around with girls who are about 5'2" - NO FAIR

/random rant, sorry, I have a lot of short friends who ***** about being short
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-07-10, 5:47 PM #70
Originally posted by sugarless5:
yeah it was because all but maybe 2 people said someone shorter than me, which of course is not unusual, though I'm really not that incredibly tall, most guys like shorter girls. My bigger problem is then short girls turn around and ***** about being short. Being tall really isn't that great, short girls get more perks. That and when I see these tall guys around with girls who are about 5'2" - NO FAIR

If you're looking for a tall hot man who has a profile on adult friend finder-

I mean, ****...

Uh, come by Utah. I know a lot of circus freaks who are 6'6".

:D

:colbert:

But I see what you mean. Girls complain about being short, but most of them know they've got it going on.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-07-10, 6:58 PM #71
Most of the time when my short female friends complain about their height it's only when they can't reach something and have to ask for help.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-07-10, 7:13 PM #72
HA HAAH, DANGLY PARTS!

Seriously though, just as long as she isn't taller than me. That would be unusual.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-07-10, 8:22 PM #73
I am 5'6/7 and I've always tended to prefer women almost exactly the same size as myself [the sort I can trade clothes with when staying over ;)]. Just feels less wonky, althuogh for snuggling, being somewhat different heights might be easier.. Once I had an immense crush on a girl who was 4'11.75" though.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2007-07-10, 8:56 PM #74
Originally posted by Freelancer:
What gbk said, but ideally:

Me: 5'11"
Her: 5'4"

Short is good. Really good.

^2, though a girl that you can look straight in their eyes is great
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-07-10, 9:09 PM #75
A girl you can look up to is even better :awesome:

2007-07-10, 9:56 PM #76
a girl you can look down her blouse is even better...

(oh yeah. I said it.)

>.>

2007-07-11, 5:42 PM #77
Originally posted by sugarless5:

5'2 = STEALTH

Who in their right mind would complain about ninja-like skills? I most certainly don't.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig

↑ Up to the top!