Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Found a Cricket
Found a Cricket
2007-07-06, 8:08 PM #1
It's been annoying the hell out of me for the last three weeks and the stupid thing just walked right past my feet. I acted quick, and dropped the cover of a cd spindle on it.. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with it.

(note, I'm not eating it, but I need a creative way to kill it that won't be too messy)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-07-06, 8:18 PM #2
Off the top of my head:

Two part Epoxy and a paper cup

Dremel

Popcorn popper

Superglue one leg to a peice of paper and leave it there for a week

Or just throw it outside...
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2007-07-06, 8:19 PM #3
pics
2007-07-06, 8:20 PM #4
Originally posted by DEFINOTELY NOT SPE:
pics

this + insect death combat arena
2007-07-06, 8:40 PM #5
put it in your freezer

attach a string

PET CRICKET
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-07-06, 8:55 PM #6
FIRE
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-07-06, 8:56 PM #7
Put another bug in a jar w/ the cricket and watch them fight.
Back again
2007-07-06, 9:12 PM #8
I like the epoxy idea. turn him into a paperweight. Or drop a spider in there and eat the winner.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-07-06, 9:34 PM #9
How about the old stand-by? Roast it with a magnifying lens on a hot day...

Originally posted by genk:
...PET CRICKET

AWESOME.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-07-06, 9:38 PM #10
Originally posted by Vegiemaster:
I like the epoxy idea. turn him into a paperweight. Or drop a spider in there and eat the winner.

Goliath bird eater would own it.
Back again
2007-07-06, 10:51 PM #11
Isn't it just the greatest feeling when you finally find the noisy son of a *****?

I remember one time my friend and I were drinking in my basement and this cricket was annoying the crap out of us. We tore the place apart looking for it. Finally found it like an hour later, it was the smallest, yet noisiest cricket I had ever seen.
2007-07-06, 11:35 PM #12
Shotgun?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2007-07-06, 11:43 PM #13
Don't discount eating it so easily. I ate fried crickets in Thailand.

Revenge might not be sweet, but it will be slightly like BBQ flavoured chips.
2007-07-07, 1:10 AM #14
Liek srslee.

EAT IT

:awesome:
2007-07-07, 1:25 AM #15
ooh, I know.

Drop a walrus on top of it.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2007-07-07, 2:45 AM #16
Originally posted by Veger:
ooh, I know.

This man wins.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-07-07, 3:00 AM #17
Throw it outside you cruel evil person.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-07-07, 3:33 AM #18
Originally posted by Deadman:
Throw it outside you cruel evil person.
16 posts before someone said this... amazing. Why the cruelty? would you do the same with a mouse / cat / chicken? Just take the thing a good distance away from your house and drop it off.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2007-07-07, 3:51 AM #19
leftover firecrackers and/or fireworks... it's guts with explosions; what more could you ask for?
Current Maps | Newest Map
2007-07-07, 5:14 AM #20
Originally posted by Fardreamer:
16 posts before someone said this... amazing. Why the cruelty? would you do the same with a mouse / cat / chicken? Just take the thing a good distance away from your house and drop it off.

This "thing" has been keeping me up for 3 weeks in the middle of the night. I can't just let it go, or it will continue to irritate. And I'm not going to make a special trip to drive it somewhere in my truck that gets 13 mpg.

Anyway, I decided to boil it in hot water. It died instantly.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-07-07, 5:16 AM #21
Um, a good distance away is maybe 10 metres...

You're a terrible person.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-07-07, 5:22 AM #22
Yeah... cause you can't hear a cricket that's 10 meters away when you're trying to sleep.

:rolleyes:

besides, I'm doing my part to aid in evolution. By killing the crickets that don't have the common sense to avoid humanity and/or keep quiet at night, I'm promoting the crickets that can live peacefully with humanity, thus providing humans and crickets with an overall more satisfying existence.

2007-07-07, 5:23 AM #23
Agreed Detty, I am disgusted.
2007-07-07, 5:43 AM #24
My bedroom overlooks the busiest road in South London, I couldn't hear a cricket if it was perched on my ear
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-07-07, 7:12 AM #25
Well you know what you should do Detty, boil all the drivers.
They deserve it for being noisy.
2007-07-07, 7:34 AM #26
Originally posted by Fardreamer:

I have mouse traps, so yes, I guess I act "cruel" to mice. Not sure how a chicken would invade your home as a pest. Or a cat. But I'm not going to kill an offending chicken or a cat because they are fairly big animals, compared to a mouse...or a bug.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-07-07, 7:40 AM #27
Mice reach plague proportions if you don't control them, I've seen it happen.
That is why I have rat poison.
Not because they are small, killing things based on size is a very warped sounding logic indeed.

Do you eat beef? =p
2007-07-07, 7:48 AM #28
You can eat a chicken with no jokes, so there's no particular reason not to kill it for real. Unless you know it's your neighbour's chicken and he's looking for it.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-07-07, 7:53 AM #29
Originally posted by Deadman:
Not because they are small, killing things based on size is a very warped sounding logic indeed.

Do you eat beef? =p

If a cow or a dog wandered into my yard, I'm not going to say to myself, "That's a pest! I better dispose of them."

Bugs are easy to kill. Get a tissue and end their life. Not sure about boiling them, that's just strange.

Exceptions include ladybugs. Because they are so *pretty*.
2007-07-07, 9:02 AM #30
Wal-Mart sells blocks of acrylic that you can melt and pour into forms.

I was thinking.... "block o' cricket"...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-07-07, 9:15 AM #31
Originally posted by Veger:
ooh, I know.

2007-07-07, 12:33 PM #32
my idea was best, you could have started an insect combat arena, could have got a few spiders to try gang**** the *****.
2007-07-07, 2:50 PM #33
Razorblade Guillotine...?
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-07-07, 11:37 PM #34
Originally posted by Echoman:
I have mouse traps, so yes, I guess I act "cruel" to mice. Not sure how a chicken would invade your home as a pest. Or a cat. But I'm not going to kill an offending chicken or a cat because they are fairly big animals, compared to a mouse...or a bug.
Setting a trap because you can't catch it yourself is one thing. Boiling it to death for the sake of sadistic punishment is another.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2007-07-07, 11:49 PM #35
I bet you didn't even think of drinking it afterward :mad:
My blawgh.
2007-07-08, 12:12 AM #36
I *hate* *hate* *hate* crickets with a passion. Boiling it is odd, because that took a lot of thought and preparation, but whatever. At least it's one less freaking cricket in the world.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-07-08, 10:13 AM #37
tbh though if your'll be evil to something that couldnt kill you unless it got half a million of its mates, your'll be evil to anything.
2007-07-08, 3:08 PM #38
What?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-07-09, 7:17 AM #39
I live in a big and noisy city... I wish I could hear crickets at night. I just love that sound. I can easily dose off to the sound of hundreds of them chirping outside my tent when I'm camping.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2007-07-09, 7:38 AM #40
Originally posted by The_Reafis:
tbh though if your'll be evil to something that couldnt kill you unless it got half a million of its mates, your'll be evil to anything.

"your'll"

It's so wrong.

↑ Up to the top!