Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 1-18-08
1-18-08
2007-07-10, 11:27 AM #1
Post your thoughts on the trailer that you probably saw before the Transformers movie started. Originally any uploading of the trailer for this movie online was immediately taken down as soon as it was spotted, but today the teaser has actually gone live. To view it go here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

My very first reaction when I watched it was 'Godzilla 2'. I mean, what else could possibly make that roaring noise, and be huge, and make fiery explosions of doom. Not to mention the fact that it took place in New York City. Also, if you recall at the end of the first Godzilla movie (the one released in America like in 2000 or something), an egg hatches at the very end that was not destroyed, thus leaving a sequel possible.

However, many other predictions and hypotheses have been posted by people, and some think that it may be about the Book of Revelations, and about the coming of the anti-Christ or whatnot. I did a lot of research on this teaser last night, and apparently there is very little known about the movie, and currently it has no official title.

Another prediction, although somewhat lame I think, is that it may be a creation of Victor Frankenstien, (because of the "It's Alive!" reference, and the fact that the release date is set for January, and the date on the teaser shots shows that it is around midnight. Although, somehow I can't picture Frankenstein creating something colossal, and not to mention the movie takes place in New York.

Oh yeah, and apparently it's being produced by J.J. Abrams, the creator of Lost. So, of course, all of those fanboys should be thrilled as well. Abrams really released no information on the film, other than the fact that the entire perspective of the movie is going to come from that handheld camcorder kind of film that you see in the teaser, like the style of the Blair-Witch project.

So post your thoughts on the teaser, and your speculations. I personally am kind of hyped up for something that I have absolutely no clue what it's about.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-07-10, 11:40 AM #2
I dunno but I hope there is a viral ARG I can play.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-07-10, 11:41 AM #3
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Abrams really released no information on the film, other than the fact that the entire perspective of the movie is going to come from that handheld camcorder kind of film that you see in the teaser, like the style of the Blair-Witch project.

That blows. And it does seem like a Godzilla movie. They said Rob was going to Japan :tinfoil:

2007-07-10, 11:51 AM #4
http://www.parasitemovie.com/

Sweet!
2007-07-10, 12:08 PM #5
Originally posted by Spook:

What in the hell is this tossing games forums crap at the bottom of that page you linked to. Click the ??? hyperlink and you'll be taken to a forum that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. Is it just some kind of retarded thing to throw people off, or could this be a clue or what.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-07-10, 12:29 PM #6
I'm hoping it's Cthulhu. That's one of the rumors. It can't be Godzilla or Voltron because Paramount doesn't have the rights to them.

Jan. 18th is my birthday, so this movie better not suck.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-07-10, 12:36 PM #7
I'm pretty sure it's a new property, and I'm tired of playing JJ Abram's games.

Just release the movie and let me enjoy it.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-10, 12:36 PM #8
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
What in the hell is this tossing games forums crap at the bottom of that page you linked to. Click the ??? hyperlink and you'll be taken to a forum that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. Is it just some kind of retarded thing to throw people off, or could this be a clue or what.

Yeah I'm confused too.

ethanhaaswasright.com is a fun puzzle. EDIT:Not totally sure they are related. I think the ethan haas site has something to do with cthulhu but I'm not positive it has anything to do with this trailer.

I'm pretty confident that this is a new franchise, if only because I don't want it to be Voltron, Godzilla, a Lost movie, or anything else. It doesn't make sense to be any of those anyway.
2007-07-10, 12:40 PM #9
Kong?

2007-07-10, 12:42 PM #10
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I'm pretty sure it's a new property, and I'm tired of playing JJ Abram's games.

Just release the movie and let me enjoy it.

I'm sick of these marketing schemes too. Release a trailer, tell me what the movie is, and I'll see it if it sounds good. It's nothing more than a movie.

But I don't begrudge those who enjoy them. If AVGs or whatever are fun for you, more power to you :)
2007-07-10, 1:16 PM #11
Originally posted by NDNmojo:
Kong?

Kong with an explosive vest? :tinfoil:

The more I read about it, the more I think that the Ethan Haas ARG is a Lovecraft mythos dealyo. But it's really hard to tell for sure if the ARG is related to this trailer.

I'm sure it will be good. Something significant is supposed to happen on August 1st too.
2007-07-10, 1:36 PM #12
I'm hoping like crazy that it's Godzilla.

It doesn't look like an 'end of the world' type thing, but then again it does seem to be significant that everything starts at midnight.

It's definitely a living creature that spawns out of some sort of giant fireball...

The Statue of Liberty is on an island, so if it were to fling the head it might have to start out/be/come from the water?

Hmm.

This looks really cool. :tfti:
2007-07-10, 1:44 PM #13
Someone posted something about that Statue of Liberty head though that made a good point. The actual size of the head of the statue would be far larger than it was when it hit the street, therefor it must have not been from the actual statue, but like a replica on top of one of the buildings or something like that. Apparently there is such a thing in NYC.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-07-10, 2:00 PM #14
Maybe it's not from NYC, and it's actually the one in Paris, but it flew all the way into NYC.

What a twist!
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-10, 2:02 PM #15
Haha some guy on one of the other pages about this movie actually suggested something about what if it was the Statue of Liberty that came to life and was destroying the city or some nonsense like that.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-07-10, 2:05 PM #16
cloverfield btw
2007-07-10, 2:21 PM #17
Originally posted by DEFINOTELY NOT SPE:
cloverfield btw

Not confirmed. Just a temporary title as far as I know.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-07-10, 2:22 PM #18
nope its 100% confirmed dude.

its not like i said that just to make it easier for people to find out info.
2007-07-10, 2:24 PM #19
I had seen where they mentioned Cloverfield several times, but on the actual website for the movie it still just says 1-18-08, along with the trailer. I'm not trying to tell you that you're wrong, I just didn't see otherwise anywhere as of yet.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-07-10, 2:38 PM #20

Where did you see that? I'm seeing it referred to as Slusho and 1-18-08 almost as much as cloverfield.
2007-07-10, 2:40 PM #21
100% confirmed, i read it on an world wide web internet super highway world wide website
2007-07-10, 2:46 PM #22
100% confirmed, i read it on an world wide web internet super highway world wide website

Oh okay I'll tell all my friends.
2007-07-10, 2:58 PM #23

From IMDb:
A new movie trailer which fails to reveal the film's title is leaving U.S. cinema audiences desperate for more information. The strange promo, which is being shown across the country before screenings of America's number one film Transformers, features a bunch of New Yorkers enjoying a dinner party before the lights go out and fireballs drop all over the city. The trailer contains no title, but reveals a release date of January 18, 2008 and that the movie is produced by Lost co-creator and Mission: Impossible III director JJ Abrams. The film is known as Cloverfield, although Hollywood studio Paramount Pictures insists that will not be the movie's title.

You lose.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-07-10, 5:49 PM #24
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
From IMDb:
A new movie trailer which fails to reveal the film's title is leaving U.S. cinema audiences desperate for more information. The strange promo, which is being shown across the country before screenings of America's number one film Transformers, features a bunch of New Yorkers enjoying a dinner party before the lights go out and fireballs drop all over the city. The trailer contains no title, but reveals a release date of January 18, 2008 and that the movie is produced by Lost co-creator and Mission: Impossible III director JJ Abrams. The film is known as Cloverfield, although Hollywood studio Paramount Pictures insists that will not be the movie's title.

You lose.

No you're wrong. Didn't you see where he read it?

"All you people on youtube are morons get it right Stevie Nicks wrote this song not Jack Black."

Ah, how I love comments on videos. Anyway spe is as right as you are, because I'm pretty positive Paramount hasn't actually said anything, and it's all fanboys wanting it to be Voltron.
2007-07-10, 5:51 PM #25
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
Jan. 18th is my birthday, so this movie better not suck.

Mine too.

:ninja:
woot!
2007-07-10, 5:51 PM #26
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:

You lose.

uhh, no, i read it on the internet, 100% confirmed they're calling it cloverfield.
2007-07-10, 5:57 PM #27
It better be Cthulhu.
D E A T H
2007-07-10, 6:28 PM #28
I have a feeling that it's not going to be any monster that's already established in literature.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-07-10, 6:59 PM #29
And we all know Hollywood's never lied.

I thought I heard someone in the trailer say, "it was a giant lion, I saw it!"

Also, the monster's first roar kind of sounded like, "Rooooobbbb"... it was calling for the dude and didn't want him to leave NYC!

:tinfoil:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-07-10, 7:00 PM #30
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
And we all know Hollywood's never lied.

I thought I heard someone in the trailer say, "it was a giant lion, I saw it!"

Also, the monster's first roar kind of sounded like, "Rooooobbbb"... it was calling for the dude and didn't want him to leave NYC!

:tinfoil:

"I saw it in the light, it's huge!"

It's hard to hear, I spent 15 minutes listening to it over and over again. I am wasting my life.
2007-07-10, 7:10 PM #31
I think he's saying: "I saw it, it's alive!..It's huge!"

Which could work for Godzilla, seeing as they thought he was dead, and saying it's alive seems like an astonishment for what the man saw.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-07-10, 7:19 PM #32
I dunno, Godzilla seems too obvious. itd be cool, but this seems different.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-07-10, 7:29 PM #33
Another website said it was the Black Mist from Lost

2007-07-10, 7:29 PM #34
The last US-made Godzilla movie came out in Summer 1998, making it 10 years ago. Could be possible that this is a sequel although I really hope its not. That last movie was bad enough!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-07-10, 7:32 PM #35
Originally posted by SavageX378:
The last US-made Godzilla movie came out in Summer 1998, making it 10 years ago. Could be possible that this is a sequel although I really hope its not. That last movie was bad enough!

Honestly I don't see why so many people hated it, other than the fact that I guess that's how a lot of people feel about remakes in general. Sure Matthew Broderick was not the best choice for the leading role, but Godzilla itself was a pure badass monster, and the special effects were really top notch too.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-07-10, 7:36 PM #36
Wikipedia mentions the Voltron film, but lists other people associated with it. Perhaps there is a secret connection, but from the sound of that it seems like two separate groups for two separate films.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-07-10, 7:47 PM #37
Drew Goddard, the writer, has worked on Angel, Buffy, Alias and Lost.

And it can't be the Black Mist from Lost; don't be stupid.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-07-10, 8:05 PM #38
IT'S THE DAY OF LAVOS

CHRONOTRIGGER MOVIE.
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-10, 8:12 PM #39
Originally posted by fishstickz:
IT'S THE DAY OF LAVOS

CHRONOTRIGGER MOVIE.

In lieu of new possibilities, I now say:
**** Cthulhu, Chrono Trigger Forever.
D E A T H
2007-07-10, 8:27 PM #40
Originally posted by Acharjay:

And it can't be the Black Mist from Lost; don't be stupid.

Thats not what I ****ing said dumb****.

Quote:
Another website said it was the Black Mist from Lost
Learn to read.

↑ Up to the top!