Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What is the point of another Jedi Knight game?
What is the point of another Jedi Knight game?
2004-07-26, 10:12 PM #41
Actually, I think there was some storyline why Kyle was Jedi and all. But that has something to do with books. Or stuff. But JO's storyline sucked much more. So did JA's. DF's didn't suck. It had Vader. Or actually, it sucked, as the Imperials didn't win. Damn.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-27, 11:41 AM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Didn't like Dark Forces? Wow. It was great fun for its time.</font>

I probably should have clarified that, I liked Dark Forces(played it through 3 times), although I only played it a couple of years after it came out. I do remember when it came out though, and basically it was just a minor blip in between Doom/Duke3D and Quake that no-one at my school seemed to get particularly excited about.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The JK netcode is genious--I've had a 6-way PLUS game on Dial-Up alone, no broadband. And it was still fairly lagless. It may not be perfect, but hey, it worked before even 56k was the staple. 28.8k baby.</font>

Yeah and the people playing Quake were having 16 player games any day of the week, on an engine a year older. My mate tried to play a 16-player game of JK in 1998, 1500 ping for everybody.

There was one patch for JK, it fixed a joystick problem and a voodoo2 issue. They didn't bother with *any* gameplay fixes, not even the supergrip bug.

I don't think JK was all that big when it came out either. Across the entire world there were never more than ~600(2 and a half full zone rooms, was the biggest I ever saw) people playing it online at peak times.

Outside of the SW-gaming circle, I'm not sure I've ever met anyone online or at lans, who's played Jedi Knight.

↑ Up to the top!