Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Funerals
Funerals
2004-07-28, 12:34 PM #1
Western funerals are possibly THE most horrible events ever. Therefore, I NEVER EVER want to get buried like the rest of my family.

Something along the lines of a short ceremony with flowers and some weird video of me being stupid as a drunk teenager (to completely take away the credibility of the whole ceremony), then my urn will be carried across town (wherever that will be) in a jazz cortege, my ashes will be sprinkled somwhere dear to me, then everyone goes to the afterparty with free alchohol and REALLY good food.

Therefore people just MIGHT go home happier than after a boring "beautiful" ceremony that lasts for hours and people come out crying not because they miss the dead one but becuase it just bored them to tears and then they go to a memorizing occasion where they are served mediocre food and take turns to make totally fake and not to mention unbelievably boring speeches. ICK!

------------------
People who get murdered are victims, people who get killed in war are casualties and people who don't get killed at all are just plain boring. -Said by me-

In my dream world people wear trenchcoats and piss on sanity's grave.
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2004-07-28, 12:41 PM #2
I totally agree.

We shouldnt mourn the death but celebrate the life they led. I've only been to one funeral and that was enough for me.

I never cried when my grandparents died, i think only loosing a close friend or parent would make me cry.

For my funeral, I want all my favourtite music played, all the stupid things I did told by people who knew me, takin the pi** out of the lame things I said to women.

ANd then all mu achievements *silence*.
All my drawings, piano pieces, trance music etc.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-07-28, 12:43 PM #3
I want to be placed on a ship/radio flyer wagon, set ablaze with my belongings, and shoved into the Atlantic Ocean/Highway.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-07-28, 1:02 PM #4
I've never understood the urge to make everyone sad when you die. I want there to be fireworks and fluffy animals to pet. Seriously, literally, i want there to be a box full of puppies and a fireworks display.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-07-28, 1:04 PM #5
And how could I forget to mention the vast collection of different flavors of tea!?!
(and I'm being serious here)

------------------
2004-07-28, 1:05 PM #6
Aye, I want mine to upbeat. Basically, my will will dictate that my funeral should be "something I would want to attend".

I'm definitely being cremated, and to the tune of something really silly, like "Danger, High Voltage" ("Fire in the disco!").

Then everybody should get good and drunk, and have a splendid evening.

If people leave my party upset, I'll be spinning in my... err... urn I suppose! Until I get scattered somewhere. Then I'd probably just twitch.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-07-28, 1:13 PM #7
I will die in battle.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-07-28, 1:13 PM #8
My mates' dad wants goodness gracious great balls of fire at his cremation, as for me i want an upbeat ceremony with lots of good music, lots of cute lil animals and possibly a vicar in a clown suit, im being serious here

------------------
www.oxyonagon.com
nope.
2004-07-28, 1:17 PM #9
Burn all that useful body-matter, or leave it all to rot in the ground?

No way, I'm donating my corpse to science. That way I can be useful in death, even if I may not have been in life.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-07-28, 1:25 PM #10
I agree that funerals suck. But I never have to worry about mine, because I'm planning on never dying. Really, with all the advancements that will take place in nano- and bio-tech this century, why should we worry about death?

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-07-28, 1:26 PM #11
have there been huge advancements in nano and bio tech in the last 3 and a half years?

------------------
www.oxyonagon.com
nope.
2004-07-28, 1:28 PM #12
I want a standing ovation at my funeral.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-07-28, 1:28 PM #13
Hell, I could be placed in a packing crate and have a freeway be built over where i'm buried and I'll never know the difference, b/c I'll be dead. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-07-28, 1:38 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyle90:
I agree that funerals suck. But I never have to worry about mine, because I'm planning on never dying. Really, with all the advancements that will take place in nano- and bio-tech this century, why should we worry about death?
</font>

That thought scares me. I feel we should be encouraging more people to die, not allowing the masses to live forever.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-07-28, 1:42 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
I will die in battle.

</font>

Yeah, really. Lately I've been thinking how cool it be to be a career international mercenary. I bet it's awesome.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-28, 1:44 PM #16
Funny that people get a little sad when someone they know well dies [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

While I agree that remembering a person for what they did is great, there's nothing wrong with people showing a little emotion when they lose someone.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-28, 1:45 PM #17
"I want them to lower me into my casket on wires, and halfway down just stop and hit me with the strobelights and turn on the techno music"

then i want them to just cut all the wires and have everyone hear the snapping of my bones on the impact and have one of those record screetching stop noises. then the hole where the casket is in just blows up since its pre-paacked with C4.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-07-28, 1:46 PM #18
personally, i'd like an encore at my funeral.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-07-28, 1:49 PM #19
I really don't care what they do with me once I'm dead. Heck, they can throw me in a dumpster down the street.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-28, 1:49 PM #20
you know, i dont really want people looking at my dead cadavor either.

i kina want a private ceromony with flowers where i am laied to rest quietly with my baby blanket and a piece of my art.

either that, or there is a funeral home in my current area witch will turn your cremated ash into a diamond. and that would be pretty cool. as long as no one wore me as julery. I would then want to be dropped into a small creek in a wooden box. that would be awsome, and meaningful to me.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-07-28, 1:55 PM #21
Using real dead bodies in a horror movie would be great.

They could chop up my cadavar with chainsaws and things. And even being dead I'm sure I can put on a livelier performance than Keanu Reeves.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-07-28, 2:00 PM #22
Can you say snuff-film

------------------
www.oxyonagon.com
nope.
2004-07-28, 2:19 PM #23
Become a Zombie. It's the way forward. Albeit a slow and shuffling way.
2004-07-28, 4:37 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
personally, i'd like an encore at my funeral.</font>

A re-enactment of the final moments? That's an interesting, if incredibly morbid, idea.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-07-28, 4:56 PM #25
I want all my favourite bands to be playing live. Oh, and box of puppies idea is a winner.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-28, 5:27 PM #26
Maybe you can light yourself on fire as a protest of some kind...

while playing happy music and giving away puppies...

while someone films it... in battle.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-07-28, 5:30 PM #27
i want to die by myself, old and retired, in the woods to be consumed as quickly as possible by nature the way nature intended.
back to whence i came.
no one mourn for me for as a retired old man i will be the meanest sob in a hundred kilometre radius. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-07-28, 5:41 PM #28
You wouldn't imagine how many wives/children/etc. come into funeral homes to make arrangements for their deceased parent/sibling/relative and completely ignore the wishes of the deceased. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
2004-07-28, 6:21 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CookedHaggis:
Become a Zombie. It's the way forward. Albeit a slow and shuffling way.</font>

nah, I wouldn't like the decreased intellect and rotted appearance.

I'd go for vampire instead. I would have to give up sunlight, my old silver fillings, and garlic bread, but I would have everything else. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-07-28, 7:44 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
nah, I wouldn't like the decreased intellect and rotted appearance.</font>

Don't worry, they won't notice.

ZING! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-28, 10:13 PM #31
I don't want a funeral of any kind. I've always wanted to do what Mort does, donate every usable inch of my body to medical use. I'm actually getting a card for it so they can identify me as someone who wanted that when I'm dead.

I want it for the same reason Mort (and I'd imagine most) do...to know that my body will, instead of uselessly rotting six feet under, help people.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-07-28, 10:24 PM #32
I want my body to be bronzed, and set up in the center of town, to forever be a perch for pigeons and a target for stupid high school pranks.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
<lat> at my funeral, when the service is concluded. The lights will go out, a heavy techno beat will fill the space, all kinda freaky lights will come on, and my body, illuminated, will rise from the coffin and lead the assembled in a dance party thanks to invisible strings attached to my body.
</font>

------------------
Empty.

[This message has been edited by Hellequin (edited July 29, 2004).]
2004-07-28, 10:41 PM #33
I want to be embalmed and placed inside the Capitol.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-07-28, 10:44 PM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Boco:
have there been huge advancements in nano and bio tech in the last 3 and a half years?

</font>

Not since W was coronated. Oh SNAP! ...sorry... but I did say snap.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-07-29, 12:31 AM #35
I'm afraid you did.

------------------
2004-07-29, 1:00 AM #36
Cremation for me, although I'd prefer it if my body was loaded into a space shuttle and shot off towards the sun... either that, or donation to science.

And for a grave?

"Here doesn't lie the body of Tony Keen, because we ran out of money and had to sell him to a medical research facility."

And the will to back it up: "You can have this, etc. etc. but only if you fulfill my wishes of how I want you lot to treat my cadaver. If you don't, you get nothing, and all of it should be given to someone more deserving than you selfless b*******."

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.

[This message has been edited by - Tony - (edited July 29, 2004).]
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-29, 1:22 AM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
I will die in battle.

</font>

I like this one. My sword or gun in hand, the armaments of my vanquished foes decorated around me...hardly original but it would be a good way to be remembered.

But, because it seems that is verrry unlikely, I will jump on this box of puppies bandwagon.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2004-07-29, 1:10 PM #38
my uncle always said he didn't want a funeral of any kind.
so my aunt had a 'gathering' of friends, co-workers and relatives.
no one in my immediate family showed up because we all knew what my uncle's wishes were. now my aunt won't speak to any of us. that was 2 years ago. oh well. :/

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-07-29, 1:15 PM #39
When I die im getting cremated and made into fireworks. That way there can be a firwork show at the funeral! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
Or, if someone kills me, i'll get turned into bullets so my next of kin could vanquish my living foes!>_>

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-07-29, 1:36 PM #40
There must be a monstrous Irish wake.

And then have me turned into fertilizer and buried under a sapling or something.
Edit: Or used to poison a small town's water supply [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"That's why we had to beat you with tennis rackets".
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');

[This message has been edited by Dormouse (edited July 29, 2004).]
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

↑ Up to the top!