Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oh look, another murder being blamed on a computer game. :(
Oh look, another murder being blamed on a computer game. :(
2004-07-29, 11:16 PM #41
Just reading that feels like my IQ has dropped by 20-30 points.

Using the logic of "oh, he was obsessed over it", I should be running around with spiky hair and stripey trainers, wielding a lightsaber and shotgun, killing demons and aliens on an orbital ringworld while I try to steal a flag that's being defended by a group of lightning gun-wielding campers, and in the end defeating a global terror through the use of a large sword, magic and/or supernatural forces.

I've played Manhunt too, but it wasn't particularly enjoyable... probably because it was on PS2. And GTA, but I didn't really get into it that much.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.

[This message has been edited by - Tony - (edited July 30, 2004).]
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-30, 1:39 AM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bill:
What if these anti-violent-video game people were all killed by a fat italian plumber in a red hat jumping on them repeatedly. Wouldn't that be poetic justice in its purist form?

</font>

that is so going in my sig.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-07-30, 6:15 AM #43
My last words in this case:

GTA is so unrealistic I don't see how anyone could possibly be influenced by it. The car physics are crap, the guns are unrealistic, poeple are funny looking, and the graphics are just down-right horrible. Therefore not even a fly could be influenced by this game.
Now Manhunt on the other hand, I dunno. I've never played the game (never will, now), but from what I've heard about it, I think it could perhaps be possible that this Leblanc person's actions were slightly influenced by this game. However, I personally blame this on his stupid parents. Their neglagence(sp?), although they'll probably never admit it, is a big problem in this case. Either they let their son play Manhunt, or just didn't give a shi what the hell he played.

Eighter way, Manhunt sounds like it could disturb most poeple, in some way. How much they are disturbed depends on the person. But if this Stefan was already involved in drug and stuff, it's almost guaranteed [imo] that he was somewhat influenced by this game. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out that a knife or hammer can kill someone.

- Delphian

------------------
Check out my deviantART gallery.

[This message has been edited by Delphian (edited July 30, 2004).]
2004-07-30, 6:58 AM #44
I liked your post, Noble Outlaw.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bill:
What if these anti-violent-video game people were all killed by a fat italian plumber in a red hat jumping on them repeatedly. Wouldn't that be poetic justice in its purist form?

</font>

Oh yes, it would. Can't wait [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
No signature for you.
No signature for you.

↑ Up to the top!