Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Facebook Sucks
Facebook Sucks
2007-11-25, 2:10 PM #41
I see the popup boxes all the time but they never get in the way nor are they slow for me (maybe I'm just slow).
But I've never seen the security check thing.
Possibly has something to do with the "Sick of these? Verify Your account." thing at the bottom.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-11-25, 2:20 PM #42
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
Almost certainly has something to do with the "Sick of these? Verify Your account." thing at the bottom.

Fixed.
2007-11-25, 2:46 PM #43
I have no qualms with the popups, they're fast and look decent.

The CAPTCHA, as mentioned, is your own fault Greenboy.
2007-11-25, 2:50 PM #44
I have a verified account and sometimes get it in random places.

It only really pisses me off when you can't ****ing read it though.
2007-11-25, 4:10 PM #45
Well, at any rate, I'm not saying facebook is useless. Its just not really better than myspace for my own uses. I prefer myspaces messaging system, and also the bulletin system(I don't have stupid friends who spam it with useless crap).

o.0
2007-11-25, 4:42 PM #46
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Well, at any rate, I'm not saying facebook is useless. Its just not really better than myspace for my own uses. I prefer myspaces messaging system, and also the bulletin system( I don't have stupid friends who spam it with useless crap ).

-NEW ****ING HAIR CUT COMMENT- 2:30 PM
-NEW PIC COMMENT - 2:31 PM
-NEW SONG COMMMENT PLOX - 2:32 PM
-NEW LAYOUT SO COOL COMMENT - 2:33 PM
-NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW - 2:34 PM
-NEW SURVEY PLEASEE COMMENT - 2:35 PM
-COMMENT ME I'M SO BORREDDD - 2:36 PM

Yep, this those get annoying and I end up deleting some of my friends cause of this. I really wish Tom would have some new "bulletin" blocker from some people.
Back again
2007-11-25, 4:45 PM #47
Warlockmish we all know you don't have friends.
2007-11-25, 5:11 PM #48
Originally posted by Rob:
Warlockmish we all know you don't have friends.

Self-projection is a form of flattery so I hear.

I think vinny has a new "buddy".
D E A T H
2007-11-25, 6:17 PM #49
I have a facebook account.

I signed up for it so I could look at one of my old high school friend's photo album thingers.

That was a year and a half ago. I've never been back.

And MySpace? No thank you.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-11-25, 7:39 PM #50
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/11/21

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/11/23
2007-11-25, 8:19 PM #51
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
That was a year and a half ago. I've never been back.

:colbert:
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-11-25, 8:35 PM #52
Maybe all these problems people are having are because they aren't using .edu email addresses. Maybe if you were the real target audience, you wouldn't have these problems.

Get off mah lawn.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-11-25, 9:41 PM #53
Yeah this is true, facebook would be much improved if all the highschool kids got kicked off.
Stuff
2007-11-25, 10:50 PM #54
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Takes forever to scroll through someone's profile page because of all the crap they've added.

this
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-11-27, 3:24 PM #55
developing apps for facebook is pretty cool
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-11-27, 8:30 PM #56
Except for all the horrible apps that are out there. I'd rather have no apps than all of these stupid apps.

Look what I found today: http://www.5min.com/Video/Facebook-Loophole-i-frames-695933

The last sentence is what is important. Put that together with my previously stated plan... and I now have a way to install apps without user intervention.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-11-27, 9:15 PM #57
Originally posted by happydud:
Except for all the horrible apps that are out there. I'd rather have no apps than all of these stupid apps.

Look what I found today: http://www.5min.com/Video/Facebook-Loophole-i-frames-695933

The last sentence is what is important. Put that together with my previously stated plan... and I now have a way to install apps without user intervention.

The comments left on that page are the apex of human intellect. I am amazed at how much we have progressed in our knowledge, thought, language, and understanding.

So let me greet you with in the ways of the intellectually superior: "**** or gtfo."
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-11-27, 10:54 PM #58
you know you can minimize most of the apps on people's profile, right?

To me, Facebook is basically a giant photo album and an easy way to contact people. It can also be pretty decent marketing for events.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-11-27, 11:00 PM #59
Sadly, sugarless, your post will be ignored by most because it is dripping common sense.
Pissed Off?
2007-11-27, 11:03 PM #60
Originally posted by Avenger:
Sadly, sugarless, your post will be ignored by most because it is dripping common sense.

Crusaders aren't just Christians.:hist101:
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!