Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Your favorite moments of 2007
Your favorite moments of 2007
2007-12-28, 6:40 PM #41
One of my former house mates back when I was in college is from Israel and she'd served her time in the army. She was pretty hot too.
Pissed Off?
2007-12-28, 6:49 PM #42
-New roommates.
-Another cat. (Now up to four.)
-Celebrated 1st year anniversary with my boyfriend.

I also drove to California and to Utah this year. Utah was a good trip, California was a disaster. Otherwise, this year was horrible...especially from September through December. >_>
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-12-28, 9:37 PM #43
-you forgot meeting ME, quesadilla_red! Met quesadilla_red in January
-met mbeggar in Feb./March
-met Sarn Cadrill (and his former roomie/ex) and Janitor Bob in WA/ID in August
-switched majors

That's about it. I'm hoping next year will be the year of awesome, but as we all know, I have no chance to survive, so I best make my time.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-12-28, 10:05 PM #44
My best memory was how I brought the year in. News years eve 2006 on a cruise ship in the middle of the Atlantic.

It was also a great memory of my sister who passed away in August of this year.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-12-29, 1:48 AM #45
Originally posted by Spook:
Yeah I went to boot camp last August man.

And yeah. They were blown away by the most hilarious things. Standing in formation was alien to them, and the ladies went wild from just a "right face". And when they figured out that we were Marines they were all in awe, and then we told them we were infantry and they were confused because they thought we were sailors, being called "Marines".

But yeah man, a high percentage of fine ladies with automatic weaponry. I was very satisfied :D

So what unit are you assigned to? How did you like SOI, what is your MOS (basically what weapon are you assigned to use). Any chance of heading over here?
2007-12-29, 10:07 AM #46
Originally posted by SoldierSnoop:
So what unit are you assigned to? How did you like SOI, what is your MOS (basically what weapon are you assigned to use). Any chance of heading over here?

Fox Co 2nd Bn 23rd Marines. My MOS is 0311 (infantry) and my billet right now has relegated me to carrying a saw, but I managed to sneak a peak at the list for those up for meritorious Corporal and I was up there, so hopefully I will be a fireteam leader soon. Then I get to carry a nice golden egg launcher. We are ramping up for deployment sometime in 2008. I would give a closer time and where, but this is the internet and OPSEC and all that.

EDIT:SOI was ridiculous. I learned a lot, but mostly about putting up with ****. Useful I guess but I really got sick of bounding for two miles and running with a sustainment ruck for four.

Oh, I also helped set a number of world records with my mad Zamboni skills. It was ace, the foreign skating ladies love a zamboni driver for some reason. :awesome:
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-12-29, 12:36 PM #47
Did you zambone any of them? D:

- Helped run a Model United Nations conference hosted by BU and MIT
- Took an engaging course in Gothic Literature and had weekly discussions on art theory and originality with my professor
- Tried my hand at that "relationship" thing with a hottie
- Successfully directed and filmed a short film
- Formed a band for a concert thing
- Tried to be a Boston/Cambridge tech person
- Went on pilgrimage to Holy Land USA (what a crazy postapocalyptic place...)
- Got straight A's in my non-major classes, contrasting to mediocre performance in my major :P
- Watched my circle of friends drift apart as people had random breakdowns :psyduck:
- Completed the much-hyped CORE project at BU's School of Management
- Visited the Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston
- Went to New Orleans for an interview with Big Oil and Gas, decided to take an internship with Fidelity Investments, instead
- Saw Ralph Nader speak, subsequently became very politically concerned, soon returned to apathy

Saw the following bands:
JP05: I know the drummer!
Apples in Stereo: Cool!
Dropkick Murphys: Neat!
Asobi Seksu: Girl
Ted Leo & the Pharmacists: Girl
LCD Soundsystem: Girl
Ryan Adams: NOT MY CALL Girl
Voxtrot: Kind of gay
The Smithereens: Kinda neat!

Looking back on it, it seems like I did some cool things, especially in the spring. But I'm really kind of meh as the year ends. :/
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-12-29, 12:59 PM #48
did you play hockey spook? how'd you get zamboni skills?
2007-12-29, 4:03 PM #49
Well ive been with the same girl for about 2 years, but im trying to break up with her to go out with my X, cuz she has bigger boobs and gives better.. ya know. Really tho, 07 was a really really bad year for me and i would never like to relive it, EVER!!!

The best moment was probibly....... Ghost rider Coming out, my fav superhero next to the punisher. Wait, **** that was last year wasent it? IDK **** it
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2007-12-29, 4:13 PM #50
Dude you're living the dream.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-12-29, 5:20 PM #51
Yknow, he's bareable when you read it in this style.

[url]www.youmakemetouchyourhandsforstupidreasons.ytmnd.com[/url]

:colbert:
nope.
2007-12-29, 5:33 PM #52
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
Well ive been with the same girl for about 2 years, but im trying to break up with her to go out with my X, cuz she has bigger boobs and gives better.. ya know.

...wow. :suicide:
DO NOT WANT.
2007-12-29, 6:29 PM #53
Oh yeah, I just traded my DS for an Xbox 360 Pro, including COD4.
Back again
2007-12-29, 6:35 PM #54
Well ive been with the same girl for about 2 years, but im trying to break up with her to go out with my X, cuz she has bigger boobs and gives better.. ya know. Really tho, 07 was a really really bad year for me and i would never like to relive it, EVER!!!

The best moment was probibly....... Ghost rider Coming out, my fav superhero next to the punisher. Wait, **** that was last year wasent it? IDK **** it

who is this man
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-12-29, 11:53 PM #55
Remember the time Tiberium_Empire joined?

Well, it kind of happened again.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-12-30, 12:01 AM #56
Well ive been with the same girl for about 2 years, but im trying to break up with her to go out with my X, cuz she has bigger boobs and gives better.. ya know.

I hope your current girlfriend castrates you. And you don't try to breakup, you just do it.

o.0
2007-12-30, 6:39 AM #57
Originally posted by Greenboy:

I hope your current girlfriend castrates you. And you don't try to breakup, you just do it.

That's so not true. I talk to people all the time who are not content with their relationships and still dragging on and have tried to breakup, but either drift back to their other or the other refuses to accept the breakup. :psyduck:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-12-30, 7:24 AM #58
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
That's so not true. I talk to people all the time who are not content with their relationships and still dragging on and have tried to breakup, but either drift back to their other or the other refuses to accept the breakup. :psyduck:

word
2007-12-31, 1:54 AM #59
2007 was a pretty meh year for me. Nothing majorly important happened.
Biggest thing I can think of is just recently when a souvenir company approached me to purchase the use of some photos I've taken. I believe they plan to make them into postcards and the like.
Other than that, just been doing the same old stuff. How boring :rolleyes:
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2007-12-31, 8:38 AM #60
- Almost forgot, went to my first NFL football game.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-12-31, 9:37 AM #61
Quit the grocery store job.

Got one of my wood cuts into a juried show at a local art center and the director bought the print.

Started to vollunteer at the at the art center and making some connections there.

Survived the 2007 Flood. My little town was fine but people in places like Ottawa and Findlay, Ohio are still displaced.

Still unemployed but, if enough people sign up I will be teaching classes at the art center soon and I will be paid.

↑ Up to the top!