Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → You want a reason to elect Kerry? Here's the best reason I've ever seen.
You want a reason to elect Kerry? Here's the best reason I've ever seen.
2004-07-31, 12:18 PM #1
http://www.emogame.com/bushgame.html

Damn, this is the awesomest thing I've ever stumbled across on the entire internet. *Warning* - It does contain some swear words (text form only), and a few visual images some might consider disturbing, though nothing pronographic or anything like that. I don't want to give out any spoilers.

Don't click on the link unless you can devote at least an hour of your time. It's a very long game, but man, it is seriously awesome. Edu-tainment at its finest. Just play for 10 minutes and you'll see what I mean.

All I can say is that I'm amazed and appalled right now (not at the game, at the Bush administration). It really does contain a ton of information about.. well, everything having to do with the current state of affairs in America. Really a good "read". Anyway, let me know what you think. Also, no spoilers, please. I know there are some bosses and scenes that are just too hilarious for words, but try not to give any spoilers until a decent proliferation of people have tried it.

Have fun. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-31, 12:22 PM #2
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You want a reason to elect Kerry?</font>

No.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-31, 12:49 PM #3
It's kinda mind-numbing after awhile. (not in a great way)

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited July 31, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-07-31, 1:10 PM #4
Yes, you can believe and accept everythng you find in an internet game. It's got to be true. I mean, it's on the internet, isn't it?

------------------
Empty.
2004-07-31, 1:31 PM #5
Lame

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-31, 1:59 PM #6
Its saving grace was that it had Voltron, Mr. T, and Hulk Hogan.

------------------
Wisdom is the application of knowledge.
Life is beautiful.
2004-07-31, 2:09 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hellequin:
Yes, you can believe and accept everythng you find in an internet game. It's got to be true. I mean, it's on the internet, isn't it?

</font>

------------------
What once was...
2004-07-31, 2:36 PM #8
Voltron is awesome.

I find it ridiculously amusing that you believe everything you read in a videogame.

This election is 100% about hate I guess...

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-07-31, 3:03 PM #9
All Ralph Nader baby...

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2004-07-31, 3:44 PM #10
I tried posting this a few weeks ago, but the admins wouldn't let me.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-07-31, 4:33 PM #11
I can't stand the freaking music.

Regardless, its sad that this game seems to have more integrity than the words that come out of our presidents mouth.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder

[This message has been edited by Eversor (edited July 31, 2004).]
former entrepreneur
2004-07-31, 5:43 PM #12
I defeated bush with jesus.. which I find pretty ironc ^_^

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-07-31, 7:18 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hellequin:
Yes, you can believe and accept everythng you find in an internet game. It's got to be true. I mean, it's on the internet, isn't it?</font>

Ironically, some of the information in the game, like the section on Bush's sending us into debt again, I've heard about on the news. Whats the site where you can look at our national debt again? I've seen it before, but I can't remember where it was at.
2004-07-31, 7:32 PM #14
[http://bushgame.com/sprites/v1.gif]

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-31, 8:08 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joseph T:
Ironically, some of the information in the game, like the section on Bush's sending us into debt again, I've heard about on the news. Whats the site where you can look at our national debt again? I've seen it before, but I can't remember where it was at.</font>

Ironically, war costs money. That is all.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-31, 8:36 PM #16
Mr.T kicked bush's *** ! w00t!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-31, 9:28 PM #17
I don't think that anyone's saying that Bush's economic policies are beneficial, but how exactly does that make Kerry an automatic shoe-in?

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-07-31, 9:35 PM #18
I beat bush with MICHAEL MOORE! woot! the special attacks rock

------------------
[url="http://gianturl.com?LslqYgMc,,zP3dd,3F9p8Zk,0,9LHkg7DS4bZW1Z4,PvH78r9v2svr7X,S,2cpBF,L
Hh3l2,6WPxP4,m28fBMzy4Rh,7xvzFHg4qS7k,qzG2K,7q6YSCXqP5x3,,1,,m5mC,gMrw4Xcx7,,,tg
LQw,F,J,p5X5,mCD7,p4fCJh9bc5kw,vmqWsl2h0V,6VRsy4b,9G6H,6,qdtM9PZ,ls,s0,N1rjwJ3hkwfr
nmfDV8G5J,,jT6bt3c7vh4,DVMkf3qX8dcz9yGnHkrr1hT8P8R4cC6Fx0qdl2,hKCH,b5wJY,,cVt,LPRx
RunXrp"]http://gianturl.com?LslqYgMc,,zP3dd,3F9p8Zk,0,9LHkg7DS4bZW1Z4,PvH78r9v2svr7X,S,2cpBF,L
Hh3l2,6WPxP4,m28fBMzy4Rh,7xvzFHg4qS7k,qzG2K,7q6YSCXqP5x3,,1,,m5mC,gMrw4Xcx7,,,tg
LQw,F,J,p5X5,mCD7,p4fCJh9bc5kw,vmqWsl2h0V,6VRsy4b,9G6H,6,qdtM9PZ,ls,s0,N1rjwJ3hkwfr
nmfDV8G5J,,jT6bt3c7vh4,DVMkf3qX8dcz9yGnHkrr1hT8P8R4cC6Fx0qdl2,hKCH,b5wJY,,cVt,LPRx
RunXrp[/url]
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-07-31, 9:37 PM #19
Darth Rumsfeld was a ruthless ******* . Killed at least 3 of my characters!

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-07-31, 10:30 PM #20
Darth Rumsfeld and Bush both dispatched 6 of my beloved characters. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] Like fishstickz, I, too, defeated Bush with Jesus. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] I've gotta say, Howard Dean's special attack was most amusing. Also, did everyone notice Artoo in the opening scene?

And to you nay-sayers: what, pray tell, wasn't factual? It may have been a little biased, but that doesn't mean the facts are off base.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-31, 10:32 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
Ironically, war costs money. That is all.

</font>

Yeah, and had you actually read the information in the game, you'd know that the cost of the war was only 1/4th what his tax cuts cost. Hell, it even gave a source for this information in-game.. I mean, what the hell.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
2004-08-01, 3:32 AM #22
In addition, yes war costs money... and any reasonable person would realize that you can decide to spend 87 billion dollars without raising taxes or else you go into debt.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-08-01, 4:30 AM #23
OLD NEWS

Horrible game.

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-01, 6:08 AM #24
A flash game is supposed to prove some one's fit for president? What the HECK? Are you saying, "Bush is stupid and this game proves it"? I am beginning to worry about the decrease of intelligence in this nation lately. You people vote for Kerry cause you hate Bush. You hate Bush because he started the war in Iraq. May I remind you that Kerry voted for that war too?
2004-08-01, 6:32 AM #25
I did two specials then suicided with all my characters, then ended the battle with Micheal Moore's special "The fall of bush" [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Tee hee.

I must say, those facts are pretty interesting.
Being a Canadian, this dosen't really affect me, but if I was old enough and was American I'd probably vote for Kerry.

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-08-01, 6:35 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
A flash game is supposed to prove some one's fit for president? What the HECK? Are you saying, "Bush is stupid and this game proves it"? I am beginning to worry about the decrease of intelligence in this nation lately. You people vote for Kerry cause you hate Bush. You hate Bush because he started the war in Iraq. May I remind you that Kerry voted for that war too? </font>

As far as I know, Kerry did not vote for a lone wolf approach to the Iraq situation, the lack of a solid post-war plan with 70% unemployment and Iraq's status that is only bearable with 140,000 American troops babysitting it every second.

Everyone can have an opinion and make it sound good. There is no intelligence left in politics anymore, just stubborn thickheads on both sides desperately trying to annihilate the other.

And about the Flashgame: I think it just unnecessarily makes Democrats look bad, and I'm sure that no person in his right mind is going to make his final decision based only on this flashgame, but rather, it is a representation of the frustration a lot of people are experiencing.
2004-08-01, 6:40 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
And to you nay-sayers: what, pray tell, wasn't factual? It may have been a little biased, but that doesn't mean the facts are off base.

</font>

little?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-01, 6:49 AM #28
Quote:

Yeah, and had you actually read the information in the game, you'd know that the cost of the war was only 1/4th what his tax cuts cost. Hell, it even gave a source for this information in-game.. I mean, what the hell.

</font>

....and if someone doesn't come along and repeal those tax cuts, that debt is paid off in the long run.

And don't even start to complain about the cost of war. Kerry voted to give him the money so shush.
2004-08-01, 7:05 AM #29
Rebuilding a country is a very difficult thing. People start pitching a fit if it's not done in a month. I do agree about Knob Z about the way politics have gotten though. It disgusting! You'd think for all our techknowlodgeical (I have no clue how to spell that) capacity we've gained, our politicians would be slightly more refined than the ancient Greeks. But instead they just sit there call the their opponents stupid.
2004-08-01, 7:07 AM #30
Quote:
Yeah, and had you actually read the information in the game, you'd know that the cost of the war was only 1/4th what his tax cuts cost. Hell, it even gave a source for this information in-game.. I mean, what the hell.</font>

Too bad I am not going to waste my time doing so. I am not looking for a debate, so drop it.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-01, 8:27 AM #31
Quote:
A flash game is supposed to prove some one's fit for president? What the HECK? Are you saying, "Bush is stupid and this game proves it"? I am beginning to worry about the decrease of intelligence in this nation lately. You people vote for Kerry cause you hate Bush. You hate Bush because he started the war in Iraq. May I remind you that Kerry voted for that war too? </font>

No, the game is a source of entertainment. However, the various places within the game that contain, you know, facts, *are* supposed to prove who is and isn't fit for president. If you think I'm unintelligent because I decide who to vote for based on facts, then I feel sorry for you.

Also, you've got some pretty nice assumptions there. I'm not voting for Kerry because I hate Bush. I don't hate Bush because he started the war. And I would have voted for the war too had I been lied to in the manner that our legislators were.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
little?</font>

Congratulations. You've totally missed the point. It's impossible for a fact to be biased. The rest of the game was, such as the bosses and the like, for the sake of entertainment.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morfildor:
....and if someone doesn't come along and repeal those tax cuts, that debt is paid off in the long run.

And don't even start to complain about the cost of war. Kerry voted to give him the money so shush.
</font>

You honestly think his tax cuts are going to pay for themselves? Why is it that the first time we've had a surplus in over 2 decades was in the middle of Clinton's two terms, at the beginning of which he deliberately repealed Reagan and Bush's tax cuts? Why is it that Bush's own administration told him the money could be put to far better use in improving the economy? This has nothing to do with party. It's just common sense.

About the war: had we known before the war what we know now, BUSH wouldn't even have opted for the war. WMDs were the justification for the war, were they not?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
Too bad I am not going to waste my time doing so. I am not looking for a debate, so drop it.</font>

You don't need to play the game to read up on the facts. Below the flash it gives you the option to cruise through the information that's scattered throughout the game.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited August 01, 2004).]
2004-08-01, 8:44 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> You honestly think his tax cuts are going to pay for themselves? Why is it that the first time we've had a surplus in over 2 decades was in the middle of Clinton's two terms, at the beginning of which he deliberately repealed Reagan and Bush's tax cuts? Why is it that Bush's own administration told him the money could be put to far better use in improving the economy? This has nothing to do with party. It's just common sense.
</font>

The effects of tax cuts don't kick in immediately. Corporations need time to make plans and expand. They expand, employ more people, so you have more jobs. You now have more people paying taxes and less people receiving unemployment benefits. Longterm - It pays off.

And I really have doubts about Clinton's economic accomplishments seeing how he let the country slide into recession towards the end of his second term.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
About the war: had we known before the war what we know now, BUSH wouldn't even have opted for the war. WMDs were the justification for the war, were they not?
</font>

And what exactly is it we do know? We know that whatever Saddam was doing was deconstructed rapidly and moved out of the country.

As for WMD's, you have 3 intelligence agencies from different countries and an additional 2 foreign leaders saying Saddam has and will use WMD's against the US. What do you do?
2004-08-01, 9:28 AM #33
We make the best economic progress during the history of the United States during Clinton's terms and youre "doubting his economic accomplishments" ... heh. Why is it that Reagan and Bush Sr. used the same economic philosphy and we stagnated in debt? It's because throwing more money at the rich isn't going to do proportionally as much as giving it to the average Joe. Clinton understood this. Some corporation can expand all they want, but there's no incentive to pay employees what they deserve. If more of the money goes to middle class workers, they might actually have enough money to buy the product that corporation makes.

As for what I would do, I may mor may not have gone to war, but I know what I would do now: I'd say, "CIA, you have 48 hours to locate the WMDs you claimed were there/were moved, or else I disband you."

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited August 01, 2004).]
2004-08-01, 9:36 AM #34
Quote:

Now, I'm not sure about this, as it's highly unlikely, but maybe he was kidding.

------------------
What once was...
2004-08-01, 12:31 PM #35
Quote:

As for what I would do, I may mor may not have gone to war, but I know what I would do now: I'd say, "CIA, you have 48 hours to locate the WMDs you claimed were there/were moved, or else I disband you."

</font>

And then we're left without an intelligence Agency, which leaves us even MORE vulnerable to attacks, and doesn't do anything towards stopping the terrorist threat.

As far as the "sources" for the game, I'm really not impressed as to their integrity. About half his sources are from books made by what seem to be increadibly biased anti-Bush people. The other half are internet sources, from websites similar to the supposedly un-biased and fair book sources. If your wanting to talk about sources, your going to have to find better ones than those used by the game designer if you want to change my vote.
------------------
Wisdom is the application of knowledge.

[This message has been edited by Rogue Leader (edited August 01, 2004).]
Life is beautiful.
2004-08-01, 12:38 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
OLD NEWS

Horrible game.

</font>

I stayed up all night when I first saw it playing, and reading. And talking to hot girls.

------------------
2004-08-01, 1:06 PM #37
Anyone here will tell you that it was good, or it was bad, or it was biased so the facts don't matter. Why? Because they can. It's massassi for chrissakes. But that doesn't mean they're right.

The facts, and I've followed up on some of them, seem to be true. I'm not going to say OMGFTHISGAMERINFALLIBLE because I can't boast to know that. But it's doubtful that it's wrong. I've known that Bush's ludicrous tax cuts were just...insane...for a while. I mean, even for a Republican. Of course everyone will be like "blah blah Bush r0x Kerry sux (they don't give reasons why other than he's voted on opposite sides of issues years apart. Because you know, people aren't allowed to change their minds. Duh.) blah blah Bush isn't stupid (:rofl [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] blah blah"

I'm not going to say that Bush is a bad president--I CAN'T say that, because that's just my opinion. Everyone would counter me in 500 different directions because the republicans on the board are by far the most defensive (why? I'll leave that up to you to figure out) and they will get riled up if anyone even MENTIONS that Bush is stupid (nukulur) or an incompetent president.

But I will say this--I want a president that can make a speech worth a damn. Bush has weeks, if not months to write and review and practice speeches, because that's what presidents do. And he still gets mixed up in horrible ways. I don't know about you, but to me, that says something about a man's intelligence.

/rant

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-01, 1:08 PM #38
Yeah, Presidents give speechs. It's not like they... oh I don't know... do a little bit of policy making. It's all about who throws around the best rhetoric.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Legend (edited August 01, 2004).]
2004-08-01, 1:13 PM #39
Catapulting the nation further into debt is not a good policy. Catapulting the nation into an unnecessary war is not a good policy. Destroying the surplus is not a good policy. Taking more vacations than any other president is not a good policy.

------------------
What once was...
2004-08-01, 1:14 PM #40
so... much... propaganda!!!!

(P.S. I'm not pro-Bush)

------------------
"If I had a dollar for every time I had sixty cents, I would be Canada."
"Should slice indices start at 0 or 1? My compromise of 0.5 was rejected without, I thought, proper consideration."
"I like the concept of people, but people ruin it."
"It has come to my attention that some of you have thumb-drives. They are cool."
--@%
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus

↑ Up to the top!