Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Village
The Village
2004-07-29, 5:37 PM #1
Sofar it's getting crap reviews, which I expected the trailer to me looked like poo.

"We stayed away from them..and suddenly one day red marks appeared on our doors! *dramatic chord* Abient noises, weird sounds, half the movie is pitch black! It'll scare you SH**LESS!!!!"

It just looks stupid. Of course I'll still see it. But so far they say it's okay, with a weak ending. Meh.

"The Village is appropriately creepy, but Shyamalan's signature twist ending disappoints."

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 29, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-29, 5:41 PM #2
Zorak: Hey, look at this! *Secretes a yellow cloud* That's gonna carry all the way to the village. *Evil laugh*
Moltar: There ain't no village.
Zorak: Choke on it, village!
Space Ghost: Moltar, Zorak's secretion will certainly wipe out the village's sandwich shop.
Moltar: There ain't no village.
Zorak: *Evil laugh, secretes another cloud*
Space Ghost: The village! *flies off*
Moltar: There ain't no village!
Willie Nelson: Hey, Molt.
Moltar: Hey, Willie, I'm going outside for a smoke. *Walks away*
Space Ghost: *Flies back to his desk, carrying a six foot sub sandwich* I was too late. This is all that was left. Their six foot party sub. Their king, Randy, made it for me, while I waited. *Takes several bites out of the end of the sandwich* No one will ever know their way of life.

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-07-29, 5:54 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
"The Village is appropriately creepy, but Shyamalan's signature twist ending disappoints."
</font>

In an interview M. Night said that he was trying to try something new with this film. He viewed his last 3 movies as similar, and this one he was trying to make different. I loved all of his other movies, and I can't wait to see this one.

------------------
gree gree.
2004-07-29, 6:36 PM #4
From the previews, I really don't know what it is about. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-07-29, 8:25 PM #5
I know there's a village and the people don't go into the woods, but then one day, someone does go into the woods. Then, bad stuff starts happening.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-29, 8:32 PM #6
I really enjoyed Shyamalan's The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable (Signs wasn't as good, but still decent), so I'm really looking forward to this movie. Here is to hoping that it doesn't disappoint.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-07-29, 8:49 PM #7
I will probably see it tomorrow (er... today). The Sixth Sense, and Unbreakable were superb. Signs was pretty good, but the ending was "WHOA WE CAN KILL THE EVIL GREEN ALIENS FROM ANOTHER PLANET WITH FRICKIN WATER!!! DIE ALEIN SCUM!!! DIE BY THE WRATH OF MY COLD SPRING FILTERED H2O!!!" That was just stupid.

I dont know what to think of this one. But I hope it is good.

------------------
ZGPC

[This message has been edited by finity5 (edited July 29, 2004).]
2004-07-29, 9:48 PM #8
It's perfectly possible that an alien would be vulnerable to water.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-07-29, 9:50 PM #9
But it was still a crummy ending [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-29, 9:58 PM #10
Ok, I work for a movie theatre, as I'm sure u all know, and I just watched the Village about 2 hours ago. About 50% of the people that watched it liked it, 50% hated it... The good news is that the 50% that liked it consisted of the smarter people (or more perceptive) that work with me. I liked it also [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] Even though I predicedt the Ending about 10 mins into the actual film, there were pleanty of other twists that caught me off gaurd. I think it was done really well, and was suprised that it ended the way I thought it was going to. Usually when I watch a movie, I am like "Wouldn't it be cool if "this" happens" and for once it did. Here's the order.

#1 Signs
#2 The Village
#3 The Sixth Sense
#4 Unbreakable

------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-29, 11:45 PM #11
I'm gonna go see it tonight.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-30, 4:29 PM #12
Well? Did you see it? How was it?

/jumps up and down.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
2004-07-30, 4:35 PM #13
Simmer down. I saw it. (I also made a thread about this same thing just now without realizing this one existed. *kicks self*) I liked it. The 'twist' rather surprised me, but it was revealed too early in the movie, ruined everything after it.
DO NOT WANT.
2004-07-30, 4:38 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
It's perfectly possible that an alien would be vulnerable to water.

</font>

Of course, but what kind of mentally handicapped yet advanced being would go to a planet that is more than half water? Stupid Aliens should read their travel brochures more closely.

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-07-30, 5:27 PM #15
Just saw it. I really enjoyed it. Talk about twist, geeze, that movie was full of em. I thought I had it figured out, then BAM!!! The plot thickens hehehe. I dont understand why it would get crap reviews, because it was a good movie. Not Shamylans best, but defiantly good.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-30, 5:42 PM #16
It was really great until you found out about 'the twist'. Then it just completely killed the atmosphere. I hated the last half of the movie. My favorite part was when Ivy goes into the woods, right before the flashback that ruins everything. :/

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-30, 6:06 PM #17
Yeah that flashback pissed me off, but it didnt kill the movie for me. Really changes the whole idea behind everything though.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-30, 6:15 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Insipid:
Of course, but what kind of mentally handicapped yet advanced being would go to a planet that is more than half water? Stupid Aliens should read their travel brochures more closely.

</font>

It's also possible that they hadn't encountered water before. But, yeah, what's the point of having slaves when they can just pee on you and you die?

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-07-30, 6:58 PM #19
I don't want another 'OMFG SIGNS SUCKD CUZ TEH ALIANS WERE KILLED BY WATER LAME ENDING LOLOLZ'

Just... don't talk about that movie, in this thread at least.
DO NOT WANT.
2004-07-30, 8:20 PM #20
I just got back from it. Without giving too much away, this is what I wanted to see:

After the 'twist' when everything seems safe, I wanted there to be a real danger in the woods that at first didn't alarm Ivy because she thought there was no danger...

That would have added a lot of zing IMO

------------------
gree gree.
2004-07-30, 8:26 PM #21
Well that is kind of what we got... but I know what you mean.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-30, 9:51 PM #22
Sorry to brign this up again.. but I think that the Aliens in 'Signs' didn't really know what water was, cause if you watch the part where the glass first spills on the alien, it looks like it's confused, and it tries to brush off the water it seems... just my idea....

------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-30, 10:03 PM #23
What I didn't like about Sign's ending, is that they make it sound like water was the only way to stop them, but considering how affective that baseball bat was, and how easily their fingers are cut off, I think a bullet might be pretty affective too.

------------------
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2004-07-30, 10:10 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
What I didn't like about Sign's ending, is that they make it sound like water was the only way to stop them, but considering how affective that baseball bat was, and how easily their fingers are cut off, I think a bullet might be pretty affective too.</font>

Apparently nobody else thought that.

He saw his foe. An evil green space alien bent on destroying the human race. He turned, saw his shotgun, and next to it, the water hose. pfft [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-30, 10:17 PM #25
Back to the Village you ThreadJacking...jack.........er..s...

-___-

I'm going to see it tommorow..even though I'm afraid it might suck, but you guys convinced me..I MUST KNOW WHAT THIS TWIST IT!!!!

------------------
2004-07-30, 10:39 PM #26
I haven't seen the Village (must. resist. quoting. Space Ghost.) yet, but I'm sure I'll love it. I love all of Knight's movies, even if some have bad endings (¬_¬). They're always very enjoyable.

------------------
- Vash the Stampede
2004-07-30, 11:01 PM #27
Water killed the aliens? Yes, despite the fact that our atmosphere is FULL OF WATER ALREADY and our natural environment as well, but it doesn't kill them.

And this movie sucked big time. "Oh, there are no monsters. We made it up. By the way, its the year 2004 and we live worst then the Amish because the Amish acknowledge the outside world." A bunch of stupd crap and not worth my time or money.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-07-30, 11:17 PM #28
AAHHH Spoiler tags! You can't go spreading the twist ending only a day after it opened! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

------------------
- Vash the Stampede
2004-07-30, 11:33 PM #29
Dude, you click a frigging thread about a movie you have or haven't seen, get ready to view spoilers. Want a review? Go to a critic, they can't spoil movies. Looking for reviews from people who aren't paid critics? Then don't look to the frigging net. Face it, you should have the common sense to know if you click a thread about a movie

PEOPLE MIGHT TELL SPOILERS[/i]

------------------
2004-07-30, 11:45 PM #30
And you could have the common courtesy to label said spoilers. It's really not hard. I mean, I can understand not labelling them after a week of the movies opening, but not a day, especially with a movie as hyped as this.

------------------
- Vash the Stampede
2004-07-31, 3:53 AM #31
I click this thread to see what people think of the movie, mark your spoilers as spoilers dammit, its just courtesy... on another note, all his other movies rocked even though signs did seem to have a half assed ending.

I'll look forward to seeing it..... although IMDB describes it as a "suspense" movie.... this makes me think it might be moderate crap, since when can a movie hold suspense, its only moving images on a flat screen.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-31, 6:30 AM #32
Seriously, SPOILER WARNING..Jesus, you just ruined the film for me.

------------------
2004-07-31, 8:06 AM #33
Haha SAJN [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

That sucks

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-31, 8:09 AM #34
It was okay. Not nearly as good as his other stuff. It kind of sucked.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-07-31, 3:51 PM #35
I enjoyed it. Poor Noah [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
2004-07-31, 5:15 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
I click this thread to see what people think of the movie, mark your spoilers as spoilers dammit, its just courtesy... on another note, all his other movies rocked even though signs did seem to have a half assed ending.

I'll look forward to seeing it..... although IMDB describes it as a "suspense" movie.... this makes me think it might be moderate crap, since when can a movie hold suspense, its only moving images on a flat screen.

</font>

This movie was hyped? That's news to me. I didn't even know it existed until I saw Spider-Man 2, and I didn't see a preview until a day before it came out, and I had to download the frigging thing. I hardly call that hyped.

------------------
2004-07-31, 5:52 PM #37
I liked it. I'll admit though, I was a little dissapointed once they revealed the big twist. But hey, I guess that's what makes it a twist, right? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited July 31, 2004).]
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-07-31, 6:48 PM #38
Heard it was bad.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-07-31, 6:54 PM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
I enjoyed it. Poor Noah [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

</font>

*MEGA SPOILERS*
Poor Noah?
Noah was an a$$ who new damn straight what he was doing and decided to go on a retard rampage. I personally think he knew (because he could get away with getting into stuff) that it was horsecrap all a
long.

Oh well. I liked it too. just got back from seeing it.

------------------
Its peanut butter jelly time!
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-31, 7:18 PM #40
Wow THRAWN. Please edit with spoiler tags! thankfully I had already seen the film.

It was great. I think Shyamalan really figured out how to use sound artisticaly to his advantage in this film.

↑ Up to the top!