Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → dude got a dell
dude got a dell
2008-03-05, 10:14 AM #41
I love when people try to tell other people how smart they are, like they're trying to prove something?

MOST people who have computers, are morons, ESPECIALLY if they are bringing them into some computer shop to fix it. Computers are not hard to fix in any case. Who else would bring in a computer they got ripped off on buying, into a shop thats going to rip them off to fix it?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-03-05, 10:25 AM #42
Yeah, because everyone knows the interworkings of a computer. Everyone has the time to learn how to fix any computer problem or the expertise to know where to begin.

My grandmother owns a computer. She never opened the case before, or did anything other than write emails and the occasional Word document. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know jack crap about fixing a faulty power supply or what to do if her 70 GB harddrive dies.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-05, 11:00 AM #43
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
I love when people try to tell other people how smart they are, like they're trying to prove something?

MOST people who have computers, are morons, ESPECIALLY if they are bringing them into some computer shop to fix it. Computers are not hard to fix in any case. Who else would bring in a computer they got ripped off on buying, into a shop thats going to rip them off to fix it?

you're wrong now go answer my questions.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-03-05, 11:01 AM #44
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:

no

your computer isnt a real laptop
2008-03-05, 11:39 AM #45
Originally posted by NoESC:

what do they lack that makes them not "real" laptops?

or maybe a better question is what can you do with a "real" laptop that you can't do with a macbook?

Tapclick in windows :hist101:

No but seriously, macbooks are better laptops than nearly anything at that pricerange.

Also, Lenovo's are awesome laptops if you have some sort of aversion to macbooks.
2008-03-05, 1:31 PM #46

what do they lack that makes them not "real" laptops?

or maybe a better question is what can you do with a "real" laptop that you can't do with a macbook?

Two clicky buttons.
2008-03-05, 1:47 PM #47
I find the two-finger+click for right-click on my Macbook to be extremely comfortable, but that could be just me.
2008-03-05, 1:47 PM #48
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Tapclick in windows :hist101:

works if you load bootcamp drivers. i have no problem doing that or the 2-finger scroll in windows.

Originally posted by Rob:
Two clicky buttons.

i'll take the huge trackpad with multi-touch on the new models over a tiny crappy 2 button trackpad. :D
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-03-05, 1:59 PM #49
I'd rather have two clicky buttons. :/
2008-03-05, 3:07 PM #50
works if you load bootcamp drivers. i have no problem doing that or the 2-finger scroll in windows.

Why do people always get this wrong?

I said tap CLICK, not tap SCROLL. Besides, scrolling is absolutely horrible in windows too, it stutters and flies all over the place.
2008-03-05, 7:51 PM #51
ok, at the price range, dell's cannot be beat. yes they are slightly lower quality. But they still cannot be touched for the money. I have had a Vostro 1400 since August and it has been nothing but a joy. I even installed OSX on it but then uninstalled it because I still didnt like OSX.

In my opinion HP is not an alternative. Every HP laptop I have ever had has completely fallen apart in a matter of months.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2008-03-05, 9:03 PM #52

I said tap CLICK, not tap SCROLL. Besides, scrolling is absolutely horrible in windows too, it stutters and flies all over the place.

tap click - as in 2 fingers on the trackpad + click = right click. works in windows for me, and it has since the boot camp betas
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-03-05, 9:05 PM #53

He said he could do both just fine.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-05, 9:28 PM #54
tap click - as in 2 fingers on the trackpad + click = right click. works in windows for me, and it has since the boot camp betas

...No. That is not what tap click is at all. That's right clicking.

Tap clicking is where you simply TAP the touchpad and it clicks. It's a feature on nearly every touchpad made in the past decade and works fine in OSX. But in windows? NONEXISTANT. Not in beta, not in final, nothing. It's ridiculous, because it's one of the best things about the bloody trackpad.
2008-03-05, 9:29 PM #55
Personally, I hate all trackpads. :(
2008-03-05, 9:58 PM #56

I hate tap click. (There IS a tap click function on linux, btw)

And yes, scrolling is HORRIBLE in both XP and Vista. It's a really ****ty driver.

Lenovo is only second to Apple in the laptop market.
2008-03-05, 10:10 PM #57
...No. That is not what tap click is at all. That's right clicking.

Tap clicking is where you simply TAP the touchpad and it clicks. It's a feature on nearly every touchpad made in the past decade and works fine in OSX. But in windows? NONEXISTANT. Not in beta, not in final, nothing. It's ridiculous, because it's one of the best things about the bloody trackpad.

Yikes, is that true of the MacBooks as well as the MBP's?

If so, that sucks. I tap click all the time. The only time I press the actual button is if I have to click and drag, and even then I usually try and get away with tap click and drag.
2008-03-05, 10:19 PM #58
Originally posted by Aglar:
Yikes, is that true of the MacBooks as well as the MBP's?

If so, that sucks. I tap click all the time. The only time I press the actual button is if I have to click and drag, and even then I usually try and get away with tap click and drag.

Yep. All macbooks regardless of model. They just simply have no function for it in bootcamp. It's ridiculous.
2008-03-05, 10:20 PM #59
Originally posted by Trigger Happy Chewie:
I hate tap click. (There IS a tap click function on linux, btw)

How could you hate tap click :(

It's so much easier and nicer on the fingers.
2008-03-06, 7:10 AM #60
i figured out that you meant this later on... haha.

i've never liked that, so i've never tried to turn it on. i bet you could get it working if you really wanted to though. maybe get a synaptec trackpad driver and throw the mac's trackpad vid and pid into the inf.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT

↑ Up to the top!