Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hillary Clinton wins Rhode Island (and other states)
Hillary Clinton wins Rhode Island (and other states)
2008-03-05, 4:43 PM #1
I got this message on myspace from a girl I used to go to High School with.

This is the reason I am angry at Hillary's win in my home state of Rhode Island.

Quote:
im happy she won.. i think that if baroc obama becomes president that hed get assasinated... theyr both educated an smart

i dont want mccain hes gna b like bush and our country wil b worse than it is now

they already expect gas prices to be almost $5 gal by memorials day

Discuss. (The election in general / This stupid girl)
Think while it's still legal.
2008-03-05, 4:45 PM #2
I would be okay with McCain or Obama, I like both. I'm voting for Obama, though, if I can. I hate Hillary.
Warhead[97]
2008-03-05, 4:48 PM #3
"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think. " - Adolf Hitler
2008-03-05, 4:49 PM #4
Quote:
im happy she won.. i think that if baroc obama becomes president that hed get assasinated... theyr both educated an smart

i dont want mccain hes gna b like bush and our country wil b worse than it is now

they already expect gas prices to be almost $5 gal by memorials day

And this is why we, as a nation, fail. I predict that the US becomes a lot like France over the next fifty years. Except worse, because that will probably hurt the world economy quite a bit.
2008-03-05, 4:51 PM #5
Hilary clinton doesn't strike me as a good choice for America. From a european's point of view, it seems that America's idiots always seem to get into rule, rather than the people who will genuinly do good.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2008-03-05, 5:22 PM #6
Obama is still 106 delegates up on Clinton. She simply HAD to win these in order to even remain in the race.

I wonder how she'd feel about her win in the southern states if a reporter posed a question:

"How do you feel about winning Texas due only in part to Hispanic's racism towards blacks, and not because you're a particularly good candidate?"
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-05, 5:26 PM #7
DOUBLE RACISM!
Warhead[97]
2008-03-05, 7:37 PM #8
At this point it's mccain/obama. Also, godwin'd
D E A T H
2008-03-05, 7:39 PM #9
Its going to be Obama and McCain, no matter how much Hillary wants to drag it out. Its very close, so no one can really blame her - but the Democratic party would be smarter going with Obama.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-03-05, 7:52 PM #10
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
At this point it's mccain/obama. Also, godwin'd

There was somebody here keeping notes so I'm just pointing this out for him. You have predicted Obama as the Democrat nominee and that there is no way McCain will win.

Just, you know, for future reference!

Seriously, though, I wouldn't put anything past the Clintons. One interesting thing about this election is that we really are learning how screwed up the Democrat primary process is. Primaries versus caucuses, super delegates actually deciding the nominee? This is far worse than the relatively proportional and fair electoral system written in to law in the constitution.

And, if there turns out to be any validity to this Rezko scandal in Chicago then I expect the Clinton war machine will ramp up to full power.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-03-05, 8:44 PM #11
Originally posted by Wookie06:
There was somebody here keeping notes so I'm just pointing this out for him. You have predicted Obama as the Democrat nominee and that there is no way McCain will win.

Just, you know, for future reference!

Seriously, though, I wouldn't put anything past the Clintons. One interesting thing about this election is that we really are learning how screwed up the Democrat primary process is. Primaries versus caucuses, super delegates actually deciding the nominee? This is far worse than the relatively proportional and fair electoral system written in to law in the constitution.

And, if there turns out to be any validity to this Rezko scandal in Chicago then I expect the Clinton war machine will ramp up to full power.

Actually I was talking about who I vote for. If hillary makes it to the dem position, I'm going McCaine. If Obama makes it, I'm going Obama. Pretty sure that's how it's gonna go in the election process too.
D E A T H
2008-03-06, 2:37 PM #12
would rednecks prefer to vote for a black or a female?
2008-03-06, 2:56 PM #13
They'd write-in Oinky.
2008-03-06, 3:03 PM #14
Rednecks aren't democrats. Hah.
Warhead[97]
2008-03-06, 3:11 PM #15
Originally posted by DEFINOTELY NOT SPE:
would rednecks prefer to vote for a black or a female?

I think the answer is "Whichever one the white guy is more likely to beat." I've heard, though I can't find a source for this, that up to 10% of Clinton's votes in Texas came from self-identified Republicans.

Anyway, I don't believe that Clinton will end up within 90 pledged delegates of Obama. What's more, her "victory" in Texas will mean a net loss of delegates once the state's been sorted out.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-03-06, 6:30 PM #16
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Rednecks aren't democrats. Hah.

Actually, southern democrats were the last real holdouts for segregation.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-03-06, 6:31 PM #17
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Actually I was talking about who I vote for. If hillary makes it to the dem position, I'm going McCaine. If Obama makes it, I'm going Obama. Pretty sure that's how it's gonna go in the election process too.

I don't really understand the viewpoint. Obama and Clinton have nearly identical policy.

2008-03-06, 6:41 PM #18
But Clinton doesn't have a likable personality?

Appearance is everything.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-06, 7:13 PM #19
This is the second time I have heard someone say ' I wud vote 4 Obama but he wl just get assassinated ' . Although, really it wasn't some stupid person on Myspace or whatever, this was at the lunch table at the college I go to from this random guy. He can be pretty bigoted and such..he is one of those ones that tries to see how many times he can fit the word 'f***' into a sentence.
It just pissed me off that the reason he wouldn't vote was because he had this idea that it wouldn't matter because Obama will just get killed, and that his one vote wouldn't mean crap. I mean, it sounds cliche but I really it does piss me off when people wont take the time to vote because of excuses like that. I feel like they should find something better to do than tell me excuses why they wont vote..
2008-03-06, 8:33 PM #20
Clinton has a hard row to hoe.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-06, 8:40 PM #21
McCain won Ohio :D (and so did Clinton)

If she gets the democratic nomination there will be another Republican in office
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-03-06, 8:48 PM #22
I think a Democrat is winning whichever one is getting the nomination. I just think there'll be more favour if Obama is the nomination.
2008-03-06, 8:49 PM #23
im embarrased that im from RI now... even tho im really from Ohio.... THERES NO ESCAPE!!!! :gonk: :suicide:
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2008-03-06, 10:35 PM #24

...which is one of the reasons why the South has been voting Republican ever since.
2008-03-06, 10:43 PM #25
Yeah, I don't get the Clinton hate either. I would vote for her over McCain, but I'm rooting for Obama.
2008-03-07, 12:13 AM #26
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Yeah, I don't get the Clinton hate either. I would vote for her over McCain, but I'm rooting for Obama.

Same here. I would be fine with her as the president, but I was really looking forward to voting for someone I liked instead of someone who's just closer to me politically than the Republican candidate.

I'd also rather not live through another 4-8 years of Clinton jokes.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2008-03-07, 9:13 AM #27

Modern rednecks; modern democrats.
Warhead[97]
2008-03-07, 11:14 AM #28
Originally posted by TheCarpKing:
I'd also rather not live through another 4-8 years of Clinton jokes.

If she was elected that is the only thing I would look forward too.. I bet Family Guy would be all over that.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-03-07, 12:10 PM #29
Originally posted by Reid:
"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think. " - Adolf Hitler

:master:

I've come to the conclusion that every candidate (that has a shot at winning) is going to be just as horrible as the next. McCain is suspect of being like Bush, Obama promises things that cannot be achieved in our society, hillary... well... I really shouldn't have to say anything about her, shes done a number on her own reputation.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-03-07, 12:26 PM #30
Weren't you for Ron Paul, and you're talking about big ideas?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-07, 12:43 PM #31
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Weren't you for Ron Paul, and you're talking about big ideas?

But Kirby Ron Paul's ideas are perfectly feasible and the only ideas that a REAL American would support, as they are based on The Constitution
2008-03-07, 4:27 PM #32
I don't really understand the viewpoint. Obama and Clinton have nearly identical policy.

Obama isn't closed-minded and doesn't want to ban violent/sexual video games from being sold, not to mention at least stays true to his policies. He's also identified earlier that he wants to decriminalize marijuana, which while I'm not exactly for legalization I think that the federal court standing in the way of medical marijuana is quite idiotic.
D E A T H
2008-03-07, 4:33 PM #33
Not to mention that Obama is the most forward thinking in technology policy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-03-08, 8:04 PM #34
Originally posted by Wuss:
...which is one of the reasons why the South has been voting Republican ever since.

That doesn't make any sense.

2008-03-08, 8:27 PM #35
Quote:
As president, (Obama) said he would ask his attorney general "to review every executive order" of the Bush administration. "We are going to overturn those that were unconstitutional. We are going to overturn those that are unnecessary."

Source

Clinton's made no such promise that I know of, and I don't think she will. The most pertinent difference between them is that I believe Obama will correct this administration's abuses of power, while I expect Clinton to use them to her own advantage.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-03-08, 9:31 PM #36
DIE PATRIOT ACT DIE.
2008-03-08, 10:44 PM #37
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Source

Clinton's made no such promise that I know of, and I don't think she will. The most pertinent difference between them is that I believe Obama will correct this administration's abuses of power, while I expect Clinton to use them to her own advantage.

Thank you, thank you god. If Obama keeps this promise, he will officially have been able to correct almost a decade of horrible presidency (from my point of view, if you disagree that's good and well but I honestly don't care).
D E A T H
2008-03-08, 10:49 PM #38
That doesn't make any sense.
Yeah, that was poorly worded by me. I was just pointing out that the pro-segregation Democrats in the South that you were talking about mostly deflected to the Republican party out of anger at the Democratic party for supporting civil rights and abandoning segregationists. Their deflection was also encouraged by Republican strategists' policies known as the Southern strategy.

However, I'm not implying that all Republicans are racist or that all racists are Republicans or anything like that.
2008-05-31, 4:40 AM #39
but what racist policies do they have now...apart from stopping black people going to polls by police...or not counting the votes properly?
2008-05-31, 5:17 AM #40
I don't understand how these people are digging up threads months old.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!