Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What's the deal with case modding?
What's the deal with case modding?
2004-08-05, 5:27 PM #41
I have a friend who *gasp* enjoys case modding because he likes to work with the tools to see what he can create. It's not like people mod their cases just to show off to friends or whatever.
2004-08-05, 9:44 PM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
I added racing stripes to mine. Makes it go faster.

</font>

Now all it needs is a huge spoiler

------------------
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

New! Fireworks T-shirts!

[This message has been edited by Katt (edited August 06, 2004).]
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2004-08-05, 9:46 PM #43
[double post]

[This message has been edited by Katt (edited August 06, 2004).]

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2004-08-05, 9:56 PM #44
i've got the best and cheapest case mode ever.

GhettoPC2k4
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/cazor/ghettopc.jpg]

featuring removed side panels, and a folding chair holding up a house fan which is keeping the mother cooled even though it already has 8 fans in it and is very loud.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-08-06, 3:01 AM #45
Problem witht that, Cazor, is that you get an assload of dust in there. And dust aint good.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-06, 3:11 AM #46
I might try polishing my aluminium box right up. Make it THE SHINEY.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-06, 3:30 AM #47
I just put a Spawn figure on top of the case. Looks cool. Keeps the cats off.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-06, 4:00 AM #48
I dunno about that spork, my comps had no side-panels since I got the thing 3 years ago and there is almost no dust in there. comp before that had panels and built up amazing amounts of dust. power supply went on the blink at one stage from all the dust.

my case is like cazors. dodgier case though, but wires hangin out, no panels etc. used to have a fan in it sitting on part of a datsun that was meant to stop one of the hard-drives from catching fire, but i'm not so fussed now, it'll catch fire or it won't. be funny if it did though.
2004-08-06, 7:56 AM #49
Same deal here. I took one of the panels off when I added some new piece of hardware a while back and never put it on. I don't have much of a dust problem.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-06, 8:14 AM #50
Well my old PC had the side open too. After a while there was so much dust (and cat fur, probably) sucked into and coating the heatsink that the CPU was overheating and crashing. Took me a while to figure that one out.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited August 06, 2004).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-06, 8:18 AM #51
Maybe that big-*** desk fan is keeping the dust from settling?

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-06, 8:45 AM #52
I actually dont have many major dust problems, but every month or so i just bring the cae out to the garage near the air compressor and blow away what is in there.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-08-06, 9:26 AM #53
I need to buy some compressed air. I have to turn my fan way up in the summer and I have a bunch of dust in the thing now. I got so nervous when I mess around in my case though. I'm 15 so I can't very well just go buy the parts to build a new one if something goes wrong. Right now I want to have some way of cleaning up the wires in my case.

↑ Up to the top!