Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → GameStop Girl, I want to kill robotic zombie terrorists with you...
GameStop Girl, I want to kill robotic zombie terrorists with you...
2008-03-15, 8:22 AM #1
Slightly old, but it's very amusing if you haven't seen it yet. I wonder if the guy is successful.

"...Lucky me, I thought, and then knew you had the Portal to my heart. I could care less if the cake is a lie, I'd still want to share it with you. "

Quote:
Dearest GameStop Girl,

When I walked into your store that fateful Tuesday, I expected only to find a smattering of half-decent titles tucked back there amongst the used 360 games. Instead I found you, surrounded by a beam of light, halfway between Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 3. Your gorgeous dark hair was radiant in contrast with the rainbow of colors on the deluxe Bioshock behind you. The Game of the Year held no interest for me when I saw you look up and smile, even though both could hold me in Rapture.

You commanded the register when it was my turn to check out with the Orange Box. Yes, I was finally getting to play Portal. Lucky me, you said with the cutest smile. Lucky me, I thought, and then knew you had the Portal to my heart. I could care less if the cake is a lie, I'd still want to share it with you.

Oh GameStop Girl, how you make my heart meter skip a beat. If you were being held captive in a mountain fortress by a ruthless mutant mafia gangboss and I had to fight my way through 16 levels of fire-breathing undead ninjas with swords the size of small ponies, I would find a way, even if, after every level, a small man continued to taunt me by saying that you were in another castle. EVEN IF.

So, yes, GameStop Girl, I want to kill robotic zombie terrorists with you. You can even have the deluxe shotgun with explosive scattershot. I'll just use this knife over here. I'll do anything for you, just for the small, slightest chance that someday - someday - you and me could be a Wii.
2008-03-15, 8:55 AM #2
D:
2008-03-15, 8:59 AM #3
He's probably really fat.
2008-03-15, 9:27 AM #4
NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDD............
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2008-03-15, 9:43 AM #5
Quote:
If you were being held captive in a mountain fortress by a ruthless mutant mafia gangboss and I had to fight my way through 16 levels of fire-breathing undead ninjas with swords the size of small ponies, I would find a way, even if, after every level, a small man continued to taunt me by saying that you were in another castle.

Sentence... filled with nerd... too long... no periods... nerrrd.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-03-15, 9:44 AM #6
He has a sense of humor. He could have scored.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-15, 10:01 AM #7
Quote:
I could care less if the cake is a lie, I'd still want to share it with you.

couldn't care less

couldn't

gah
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-03-15, 10:21 AM #8
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
couldn't care less

couldn't

gah

This. A thousand times over.:suicide:
2008-03-15, 10:36 AM #9
That's number 6 on the list of the Top Ten Lamest Things Ever, right after fishstickz and before people who think making their CRX louder makes it stronger.
2008-03-15, 10:50 AM #10
Yes, the "Couldn't" part was painful. The rest is all run-ons.

But I'd bang him.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-15, 11:27 AM #11
couldn't care less

couldn't

gah

To be fair...

He still could have some "care left" about the cake being a lie. He wanted to share it with his lover, so he still could have some consideration for the it.

It can go both ways.
2008-03-15, 12:22 PM #12
Originally posted by Echoman:
To be fair...

He still could have some "care left" about the cake being a lie. He wanted to share it with his lover, so he still could have some consideration for the it.

It can go both ways.

Nobody who says "I could care less" -ever- means it that way. I've literally never seen a single case.
2008-03-15, 1:07 PM #13
couldn't care less

couldn't

gah

You know what I hate? I hate people who know exactly what you mean, but correct you anyways.
DO NOT WANT.
2008-03-15, 1:24 PM #14
Why, because they hold you responsible for being a lazy speaker?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-15, 2:18 PM #15
There are no run-ons in that.
2008-03-15, 2:46 PM #16
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Why, because they hold you responsible for being a lazy speaker?

The world isn't going to come to an end because someone uses that phrase. :tinfoil:
2008-03-15, 3:07 PM #17
Although I try my best to use correct grammar in all languages, most Grammar Nazis seem to forget what a language means...

Language is a means to convey messages to other people. If you know what someone meant, despite them saying the message in incorrect grammar, then move on.

Quote:
"Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

-- Lily Tomlin
2008-03-15, 3:10 PM #18
Thats retarded anovis.

Just because you understand what someone means doesn't mean we should totally let it erode language.

Ebonics is an evil that must be stopped!
2008-03-15, 3:12 PM #19
Erode or evolve? What we speak right now is what you would considered "Eroded" English compared to the language spoken in 1600's.

And in the 1600's, it was eroded language from old english.

And so on.
2008-03-15, 3:22 PM #20
Eroding the language is a bit of stretch, considering how few people are reading that specific thing, and if everyone starts making that error, then it's English. What's the problem? Can't accept a little change?
2008-03-15, 3:23 PM #21
No, I can't.

I'm putting a bullet between the eyes when the newspeak arrives.
2008-03-15, 3:46 PM #22
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
There are no run-ons in that.

but there were a lot of comma splices.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-03-15, 8:27 PM #23
:O
i've got the Still Alive thread open in another tab, and that reads right with it
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-03-15, 9:28 PM #24
Quote:

Hahahaha, I've got to swing by the mall and check this out sometime.
2008-03-15, 9:58 PM #25
Yes, Rob. Bad grammar is doubleplus ungood.

Something to consider though is that language and thought are directly related. If the language (or personally vocabulary) are underdeveloped, the way you think is also limited.
2008-03-15, 10:01 PM #26
Then I'm afraid of what all this popular "lolcat" nonsense is going to do damage-wise to future generations.
2008-03-15, 10:05 PM #27
Hah. I'm imagining a court of law in that "lolcat" world. "Is it can be next witness now plees?"
2008-03-15, 10:50 PM #28
There's a world of difference between a language evolving and changing, than using words just plain incorrectly. The speech we have today is through building new words, adopting different grammar structures, and developing new ways of saying the same thing. Completely and ignorantly saying "I could care less." is in no way an evolution of language that enhances or makes things easier, it's just plain ignoring the illogical structure of the statement coupled with the intent. The fact that "I could care less" DOES have meaning, and that meaning is different than "I couldn't care less," is reason enough to not play it up to "changing" language. Ebonics has more stable grounds to stand on.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-15, 11:29 PM #29
Originally posted by Zell:
You know what I hate? I hate people who know exactly what you mean, but correct you anyways.

I hate things that are wrong. :colbert:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-03-16, 5:48 AM #30
Well, I say it and I do mean it. I really COULD care less.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-03-16, 8:30 AM #31
Me too. I just chose to care a little since I'm actually posting that I could care less.
2008-03-16, 8:45 AM #32
Originally posted by JediKirby:
There's a world of difference between a language evolving and changing, than using words just plain incorrectly. The speech we have today is through building new words, adopting different grammar structures, and developing new ways of saying the same thing. Completely and ignorantly saying "I could care less." is in no way an evolution of language that enhances or makes things easier, it's just plain ignoring the illogical structure of the statement coupled with the intent. The fact that "I could care less" DOES have meaning, and that meaning is different than "I couldn't care less," is reason enough to not play it up to "changing" language. Ebonics has more stable grounds to stand on.

But you're assuming you know the intent and you don't.
2008-03-16, 10:55 AM #33
Good lord this thread derailed.
I hope he gets her on a date.
2008-03-16, 11:10 AM #34
None of us understood him because he didn't know how to use a handful of words in correct context.

I'm sure this could've been funny though. You know, with the right grammar and what not?
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2008-03-16, 11:34 AM #35
They both mean same thing, you're supposed to say "could care less" with heavy sarcasm, which is lost on the innertubes
2008-03-16, 11:40 AM #36
You aren't supposed to say "could care less," because it's wrong.

It's like using the word "irregardless." It is wrong.
2008-03-16, 1:12 PM #37
What if they mean "could care less" in a sarcastic way...
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-03-16, 1:12 PM #38
Holy recentism Batman.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-03-16, 1:20 PM #39
Here's an example I made up:

Kid: Mommy, mommy! I wanna to show you something! Mommmyy!

Mother: I'm busy making your sandwiches for school. Leave me alone.

Kid: Mommmmyy! Mommy!

Mother: You know what, I could easily care less about you going hungry for lunch and won't bother making a decent sandwich. [censoring one letter doesnt count] off you little [unique, still gross. dont do it again. consider that a warning].
2008-03-16, 1:23 PM #40
Is that an example of horrible censorship?
Nowadays your fungus word there is considered more offensive then the word you censored >_>
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!