Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → GameStop Girl, I want to kill robotic zombie terrorists with you...
GameStop Girl, I want to kill robotic zombie terrorists with you...
2008-03-16, 1:32 PM #41
Yeah, I just noticed that. We can't even say s***.
2008-03-16, 1:44 PM #42
my god. how on earth can you people call anyone a nerd when you continue having the same argument after years!! (admittedly, it annoys me too, but we've been over this bloody thing so many times, who really cares anymore?)

aaaaaaaaanyway. I have just had the realisation that I was never once chatted up when I worked at Game (EB in the US). This saddens me somewhat. (well not really, but what's this GameStop Girl got that I don't got?)
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2008-03-16, 1:46 PM #43
moral: bioshock is terrible
2008-03-16, 1:47 PM #44
Originally posted by maevie:
(admittedly, it annoys me too, but we've been over this bloody thing so many times, who really cares anymore?)

Yeah.

I could care less too.
2008-03-16, 3:43 PM #45
Even if his grammar isn't perfect, I still find hiim understandable.

aaaaaaaaanyway. I have just had the realisation that I was never once chatted up when I worked at Game (EB in the US). This saddens me somewhat. (well not really, but what's this GameStop Girl got that I don't got?)

Maybe one of your customers is writing a "Dear Game Girl..." letter or email right now.
2008-03-16, 8:43 PM #46

instead you got chatted up online

frawr
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-03-16, 8:50 PM #47
Aww what was censored?
Mushroom?
Some horrible brain eating fungi?
2008-03-17, 12:02 AM #48
It started with a c, and had the word fungus attached to it.

But yeah, as I said before, whenever someone says "I could care less" I take it as sarcasm. In fact, it's generally used in a sarcastic tone, so I don't get why you guys make such a big deal about it.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-03-17, 11:11 AM #49
I've never heard it said in a sarcastic tone because, except on internets, i've never encountered anybody say "i could care less". Everyone, without exception, said "I couldn't care less".

No sarcasm. literal meaning. Communication.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-18, 2:31 AM #50
Well I guess I've lived a less sheltered life, as I have encountered sarcastic tones and sentences slightly different to yours
2008-03-18, 7:21 AM #51
yeah but detty never leaves his darkened citadel
2008-03-18, 12:13 PM #52
Originally posted by Deadman:
Well I guess I've lived a less sheltered life, as I have encountered sarcastic tones and sentences slightly different to yours

Or maybe, and this is just a possibility, we live in parts of the world with different colloquialisms?

(Clearly the area I live in is superior since very few people I know rely on sarcasm for communicating ideas).
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-18, 12:36 PM #53
i just took the words "i know very few people" and read them in that order in that detty post by detty in the post above mine
2008-03-18, 1:04 PM #54
Originally posted by Detty:
Or maybe, and this is just a possibility, we live in parts of the world with different colloquialisms?

Or maybe, just a possibility, that was my point.

Quote:
(Clearly the area I live in is superior since very few people I know rely on [sarcasm for communicating ideas).

Actually I would say yours is inferior, because you miss things like the sarcasm in my previous post, and the obviousness of my point.
2008-03-18, 1:07 PM #55
Oh no, the Brits and Aussies are at it again...
2008-03-18, 1:14 PM #56
Nah, I'm not trying to fight, I just found humour in him restating my (very obvious) point. Seriously. XD
2008-03-18, 1:51 PM #57
Internet.
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-19, 12:21 AM #58
No excuse.
2008-03-19, 6:01 AM #59
See, just there, you missed the point of what I was saying. Maybe I should start mocking you now because you didn't understand my rather ambiguous point?

Seriously. Internet.
Flickr Twitter

↑ Up to the top!