Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Enterprise intro is the best of any Star Trek
The Enterprise intro is the best of any Star Trek
2008-03-23, 4:39 PM #1
I don't get people that hate it. Every other Star Trek introduction consists of nothing but masturbatory CG or model shots of ships flying by. Enterprise's actually has some kind of meaning to it. It's easily the best of any intro. The rest suck balls. Hard. Like, more than Vinny during that time of the month.

Awful.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-23, 4:45 PM #2
It just struck me as a bad rip-off of Firefly.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-03-23, 4:46 PM #3
It struck me like a baby being catapulted out of a womb.

In other words, badly.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-03-23, 4:48 PM #4
Originally posted by Wolfy:
It just struck me as a bad rip-off of Firefly.

Firefly aired a year after Enterprise.
2008-03-23, 4:51 PM #5
Originally posted by Emon:
Like, more than Vinny during that time of the month.

Awful.

Didn't know Vinny was that flexible.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-23, 5:09 PM #6
I think it's because it's an intro to the show Enterprise
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-03-23, 5:11 PM #7
People hated the song and therefore hated the intro. After they made the song more upbeat (Season 3?), I rather enjoyed it.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2008-03-23, 5:24 PM #8
I've never sucked balls. I am offended.
2008-03-23, 7:16 PM #9
I liked the Enterprise intro, and the song... and the show. I still don't understand why it was cancelled.

I much prefer Enterprise to TNG or the original series. In fact, the only trek I like more than Enterprise is DS9.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2008-03-23, 7:38 PM #10
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I think it's because it's an intro to the show Enterprise

And? The intro revolves around the concept of enterprise and discovery.
2008-03-23, 7:46 PM #11
Yeah I never really got the Nerd Rage over that theme song. It wasn't horrible. It was...you all ready for this...different. How dare Paramount do something innovative and fitting the theme of the show which was the early days of space exploration. Noooo vulcan nerds Star Trek fans wanted the classic operatic intro with said masturbatory CG shots of their ship!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-03-23, 7:49 PM #12
I think we can all agree that voyager was the best show.

I mean It came BEFORE BSG, making it an original concept, plus they travelled across the whole galaxy to find earth, not just some random parts of space. Much better writing, character development, and special effects than all the other star treks.

yes I'm pulling your legs
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-03-23, 7:55 PM #13
Voyager had A LOT of potential. I mean **** tons. Lone Federation ship in the "South Central" side of the galaxy dodging all kinds of hostile species wanting to take their ****.

Instead it went to crap :(
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-03-23, 8:23 PM #14
Haha, Star Trek...
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2008-03-23, 8:30 PM #15
Yeah, I don't like Star Trek at all.
2008-03-23, 8:42 PM #16
It's been so long since I've seen vger Voyager that I thought I'd watch it again. I'm on the sixth episode, and as I was watching the intro I thought how bad it was.

I also hate that the start of 80% of all Star Trek episodes start with "Captain's log, stardate 2342354.5. We're on our way to ________"

diaf rick berman
2008-03-23, 9:39 PM #17
I really want to like Star Trek but just can't, very much.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-03-23, 10:02 PM #18
Google the top 10 or 15 TNG episodes and watch those. The best Star Trek episodes have nothing to do with science fiction and are all about the human condition.
2008-03-23, 10:30 PM #19
most of the episodes of voyager were very good, but stupid rick berman got to hung up on the time traval stuff. the same goes for enterprise, the first season was good, but then between the time travel and the xindi, it sort of got repetitive. TNG and Voyager are the best in my opinion.
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the galaxy."
-Jango Fett
2008-03-23, 10:34 PM #20
I have to agree with Spook. It always seems to boil down to a space soap opera. I also think the stories are pretentious and masturbatory. There's more fan service in the newer high-potential shows than there was in the Star Wars episode of Family guy.

And I don't buy the clean space ship, or the entire politics of it. Also, the acting has always been horrible.

Also, the song in that opening is disgustingly bad, but the visuals themselves are lightyears beyond the other show openings, I'll agree.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-23, 11:20 PM #21
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Also, the acting has always been horrible.

What. I'll buy that TOS and Voyager had meh acting at times, and Enterprise's may not have always been great, but DS9's was nothing short of believable and TNG's was nothing short of awesome, especially because of Patrick Stewart.

I mean, it's so easy to connect with the characters in DS9 and TNG. It doesn't feel like you're watching actors, it feels like you're watching characters.
2008-03-23, 11:23 PM #22
I like every Star Trek except Enterprise. It just didn't appeal to me for some reason. I did always like the opening, though.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-03-24, 5:10 AM #23
the best opening is first contact you chumps

also theres no way you can hate star trek, spock and riker are pimp
2008-03-24, 5:11 AM #24
I disagree, JangoFett. I thought that the concept of a temporal cold war was AWESOME and Enterprise sucked because they introduced the concept in the first episode as a cocktease, and then never even MENTIONED it again until the third season.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-03-24, 5:12 AM #25
Originally posted by DEFINOTELY NOT SPE:
the best opening is first contact you chumps

also theres no way you can hate star trek, spock and riker are pimp

i have 30 hours (457 songs) of KISS on this computer, so theres no way you can argue with me
2008-03-24, 5:26 AM #26
I agree with Spe.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-24, 3:12 PM #27
'Best' and 'Star Trek' don't mingle. :P

I think it's nothing but a soap, except they're wearing tight bodysuits and throwing in too many scientific terms in the dialogue. And yes, the acting is horrible.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2008-03-24, 3:21 PM #28
Patrick Stewart is one of the bestest actors, please die.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-24, 4:31 PM #29
The Original Series Intro:

TNG Intro: (the beginning of this one is the best of them all)

Voyager Intro:

Deep Space 9 Intro:

Enterprise Intro:

2008-03-24, 6:27 PM #30
The Enterprise intro is good stuff. I don't have a problem with the other intros, but the Enterprise one suits it well.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-03-24, 6:31 PM #31
Probably my favorite, and one of the best episodes of Star Trek, has to be DS9, In the Pale Moonlight. The episode's story and acting were superb.

I liked Voyager due to the interesting characters and story, I don't get why so many people hate on it.
TNG is obviously awesome, but DS9 remains my favorite, probably because of the acting.
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2008-03-24, 7:14 PM #32
Originally posted by gammasts:
Probably my favorite, and one of the best episodes of Star Trek, has to be DS9, In the Pale Moonlight. The episode's story and acting were superb.

I completely agree, as does everyone else, apparently.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2008-03-24, 7:32 PM #33
My favourite episode of Star Trek is probably DS9's "Far Beyond the Stars."
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-03-24, 7:54 PM #34
Originally posted by Veger:
I mean It came BEFORE BSG, making it an original concept, plus they travelled across the whole galaxy to find earth, not just some random parts of space. Much better writing, character development, and special effects than all the other star treks.

yes I'm pulling your legs

By the spoiler I assume you are acknowledging that it came some 20-plus years after BSG.

I like the show and the intro however I understand why die hard fans wouldn't like either. Screw those weirdos.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-03-24, 8:57 PM #35
Originally posted by gammasts:

**** Yes.

I love the later seasons of DS9 so much.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2008-03-24, 9:13 PM #36
Originally posted by saberopus:
The Original Series Intro:

i never realized that the Enterprise 'flies' with the bow down at an angle. Mentally I've always pictured it without that downward pitch

i guess without atmosphere that would not cause it to head for the ground
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-03-24, 9:14 PM #37
It was probably easier to hang the model that way. :P
2008-03-24, 9:17 PM #38
But an old math textbook said they used a supercomputer to model it
It also said it was the "Pinnacle of graphical technology"
2008-03-24, 9:32 PM #39
What? TOS used physical models.
2008-03-24, 9:46 PM #40
I did like the Enterprise intro when I first heard it, but it didnt have the same lasting appeal for me. Ultimately I prefer the classic TOS/TNG intro.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER

↑ Up to the top!