Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → kerry flip-flop propaganda
kerry flip-flop propaganda
2004-08-06, 9:11 AM #41
Veteran retracts criticism of Kerry

Sine: Yay for hyperbole. The paper is question calls it 'misleading'. It's insignificant. I don't see how it invalidates the movie.

You know, I like how you think Michael Moore personally assembled every section of movie. No doubt he laughed maniacally at the expense of gullible fools when he spliced together that portion of the film, knowing how the addition of that particular headline among many would make his case infinitely stronger.

Some lackey did googled for "gore recount win" and made a mockup when he couldn't find a physical copy of the paper. It was a stupid mistake, not a deliberate deception.

Israel's wall thing, the $87 billion thing. Keep going. I'd like to find at least one legitimate accusation.

Kerry backed off the whole "Benedict Arnold" meme, claiming it refers to corporations that use tax shelters.

Like I said a while ago, you're escaping the complexity of the real world in favor of simple and simple-minded rhetoric. I'd prefer a leader always doubting the rightness of his actions, like Lincoln, to someone who seems incapable of self-reflection or re-evaluation, who's permanently stuck with beliefs even the most perfect disproofs can not dislodge.

Necessary Godwin: Hitler knew how the world should be and how he would get there.
2004-08-06, 11:25 AM #42
Legitimate or not, reputation will mean more in a presidential election. Unless Kerry comes out and explains it himself, people are not going to look deep enough on their own.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-06, 11:43 AM #43
Avenger, how is Kerry not explaining himself? I mean, he says this stuff in interviews, he does PR releases... short of buying five minute television spots to debunk thirty second attack ads or magically increasing everyone's attention span, there isn't much else he can do. It's the public's fault if they're clueless.

It ticks me off. It's why I attach to debate threads like a rabid animal.
2004-08-06, 2:03 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:
It ticks me off. It's why I attach to debate threads like a rabid animal.</font>

*attaches to Ictus*

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-08-06, 5:07 PM #45
But if Kerry really wanted to be President, he would have the public really know where he stands on issues. As of now, I think its safe to say the most people don't know where Kerry stands besides that he "Supports a stronger America"

------------------
nil nip nada zip zero naught lip zil
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2004-08-06, 5:15 PM #46
I AM A WALRUS.

okay, now that that's done, a man's entitled to change his mind. People do it every day, all day. I don't really see any validity in the "flip flop" accusations.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-06, 5:18 PM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:
It's the public's fault if they're clueless.

</font>

I completely agree and unless Kerry can do something to get to some of those people, the "flip-flop" label will hold and continue to hurt him.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-06, 5:20 PM #48
It's dangerous because it "shows" that he has no core belief values. People like it when you have confidence in your decisions; therefore they trust you

------------------
nil nip nada zip zero naught lip zil
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth

↑ Up to the top!