Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → working on your car
working on your car
2008-04-15, 7:31 PM #41
Originally posted by NoESC:
Especially on the german cars I'm fond of for some unknown reason.

i agree, this audi is going to kill me
:suicide:
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-04-16, 4:14 AM #42
Yes I'm obviously very ****ing dumb for not knowing all that about you! I should have known you have friends that give you a discount on labor and family that get you a discount on parts!

*facepalm*

Some of you really have problem with reading comprehension.

I think you are dumb because you couldn't figure out that I was talking about basic maintenance when I said they don't cost that much more than doing it yourself. Obviously, doing heavy duty like an engine is going to cost worlds more if a mechanic does it.

And Rob, they really don't cost twice as much. An oil change around here costs 20$. I'll gladly pay that to see the job well done, and save me time. Honestly, we live in different areas, HELL, different countries. You're pretty narrow-minded if you think everything is exactly like in your little town.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-04-16, 6:28 AM #43
It's not so much the town as it is the car. Mine takes synthetic 0w-40 oil. I can't buy the stuff to do it myself for $20... I save about $30 doing it myself, plus I enjoy working on it. :)
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-04-16, 6:33 AM #44
It's not so much the town as it is the car.

You are right, albeit prices vary from one place to another too.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-04-16, 7:58 PM #45
Yes I'm obviously very ****ing dumb for not knowing all that about you! I should have known you have friends that give you a discount on labor and family that get you a discount on parts!

:suicide:

And, so you know, just did the transmission fluid change on my friends car. Dealer/shops wanted ~$200-$300, we did it for $50.

Maintenance item, and MUCH cheaper to do it yourself.

Holy **** that's a lot of money. We charge $70 for the same thing. That's why I hate dealerships.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say

↑ Up to the top!