Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → post what you think is the worst movie ever
post what you think is the worst movie ever
2004-08-07, 9:13 PM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
Dreamcatcher is about the worst I can think of right now. I couldn't even stand to sit through it I hated it so much... I ended up turning it off about halfway to three-quarters the way through.

</font>

Seconded. It's easily the worst movie I've seen in at least the last five years.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-07, 9:46 PM #42
oh come on it wasn't that bad

"bite me!"
"certainly"
<alien proceeds to literraly eat the guy>

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2004-08-07, 10:00 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
The Phantom \Menace Right
Star Trek Nemesis \No its was OK
Star Trek the \Final Fronteir Yes really bad
The Hulk good \movie and the camera
Van Helsing \Good when you see it with me and my friends
The Scorpian King Bad
Signs Bad
Scary Movie 2 OK
Scary Movie 3 GOOOOOOD
Fahrenheit 9/11 Good
Die Another Day OK
Batman and Robin Bad!!!
Underworld OK

"Any movie with a pop singer ie: lopez or spears." YES all bad as hell...

</font>

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited August 08, 2004).]
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-07, 11:07 PM #44
So my sister intentionally bought a crapload of horrendously bad Hong-Kong ninja movies on DVD from the 80's.

Among the worst was the Ninja Squad

I'll just let these screencaps and a user comment do the talking.
[http://ultimate_ninja.tripod.com/18ab6820.jpg] [http://ultimate_ninja.tripod.com/186c0800.jpg] [http://ultimate_ninja.tripod.com/1a2a8810.png]
Note the hilarious "ninja" headbands.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any screencaps of the bad drug-trafficing plotline that has absolutely nothing to do with the other plot and where everyone shoots each other with the same blank-loaded assaultrifles (I think they could only afford two M16's and a Sterling SMG, leading to the "clever" disguising of the fact by having no-more than two combatants on the screen at a time).
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Chris
Kent, UK
Date: 13 October 2001
Summary: Possibly the best film ever?

No - not by a long shot.

It is, however, a film of two halves. On the one hand, we have a Chinese drug trafficing film, where a ninja called Billy is fighting to save his family from the evil gangsters who are terrorising them. This is randomly interrupted by some Ninja fighting scenes, involving western actors with headbands saying "Ninja" - the idea here is that Ivan the Red, the evil ninja, is killing another ninja once a month.

Their ninja skills are very impressive, however, since they manage to kill their opposition without leaving even a trace of blood on the body or their sword. A more skeptical viewer might think, in fact, that the sword never even made contact with the enemy.

Finally, all I can say is "Dub good". Halfway through the film we are introduced to a random women with an awful Southern drawl, who luckily gets killed soon afterwards, but shows just how awful the casting of the voice actors was.

In conclusion, this film has got to be seen, if only to understand just how bad it is. </font>

Indeed. The soundtrack is half-crappy 80's synth-pop, and then it rips tracks out of Raiders of the Lost Ark (the spooky ark theme), and Das Boot [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

Another we've watched was Leopard Fist Ninja (yes, they all latch Ninja to the end of the title, eventhough this one never mentions the word ninja, and is Kung-fu dominated)

I'll let my sister's screencaps do the talking:
[http://www.parnanen.net/~annmi/elftown/leopard%20fist%20ninja/thebigbadguy.jpg] Big bad-guy. Japanese, of course (all the villains in these types of movies come in flavours of evil-caucasian and oppressive-japanese-manchurian).
[http://www.parnanen.net/~annmi/elftown/leopard%20fist%20ninja/beautifulyoungmen.jpg]
Notice how everyone always gets cut out of frame. The cinematographer should shoot himself. They also either frequently forgot to edit out the camera rolling up sequence or forgot to pre-roll the camera (leaving the frames of the first second of every new scene fuzzy, blurry and phosphorous as the film gets over-exposed and doesn't roll at 24fps yet).
[http://www.parnanen.net/~annmi/elftown/leopard%20fist%20ninja/ponchoaction.jpg]
The fight-scenes were better than those of the Ninja Squad. However, these were just bland and seemed to occur every 10 minutes in an attempt to break up the monotony.
[http://www.parnanen.net/~annmi/elftown/leopard%20fist%20ninja/oldman.jpg]
The compulsory whiskery ancient-master chap.
It doesn't help that the production values are so poor that for a scene where a house was supposed to be burned down, it was hilariously obvious that it was a concrete shell with hay wrapped across the roof and a cardboard-board wonkily spray-painted in an attempt to look like rice-paper windows. These movies all have the same "Swish-swish-thump-thump" sound-boards too. eesh.

The good thing about these movies is that you can stay up late and pull your own MST3K commentary and you gain a LOT of respect for mediocre hollywood movies. The bad part is, you waste 90 minutes of your life, that YOU'LL NEVER GET BACK, and those 90 minutes feel longer than Magnolia or the interminable ending of ROTK.

------------------
Worth a million in prizes, baby.

[This message has been edited by Daeron the Nerfherder (edited August 08, 2004).]
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-08-07, 11:10 PM #45
Lord of the Rings or Tomb Raider.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-07, 11:37 PM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

My nomination is Battlefield Earth.
</font>

I made the ultimate mistake of watching this movie in a theater... I have never walked out of a movie theater in the middle of the movie, but it was close with this crap...

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-08-08, 12:23 AM #47
I've never walked on a movie, but I came really really really close with Sphere. My brother stopped me. Hands down stupidest ending ever.

[This message has been edited by Jaiph (edited August 08, 2004).]
2004-08-08, 1:02 AM #48
In an alternate universe, all of these are the best movies ever. Scary.

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"Sam and Max Hit the Road-sign. The one saying 'Stop'."
2004-08-08, 3:15 AM #49
The Avengers.

Because it's an incoherent mess of a film.
2004-08-08, 3:18 AM #50
Heh. Ninja Squad looks sexy!

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-08, 5:20 AM #51
I would put Plan Nine from Outer Space, but it was actually enjoyable (due to the fact that I was laughing almost constantly throughout the entire thing). The most painful movie I've watched recently was Charlie's Angels 2. I could only manage about half an hour through it before my brain was crying out "Make it stop!" The entire thing was filmed as if it was a commercial for itself. Not pretty.

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-08-08, 7:31 AM #52
Hobgobblins.

------------------
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
2004-08-08, 9:01 AM #53
Hellboy

Everyone seemed the like it, but I thought it was terrible. The main idea of the plot was retarded; it jumped into the story way to quickly, the action Sequences became repetitive and boring fast, and its attempts at witty superhero comments were pathetic (minus a few).

I wasn't even close to walking out, but when I left, I regret spending money on it.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-08, 9:08 AM #54
Didn't any of you see Barb Wire with Pamela Anderson?! I watched it as I was going through puberty and it STILL made me actually fall asleep! I coudn't even sit through it waiting for boobies! It was plain terrible.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-08, 9:09 AM #55
Can't remember.

I saw 13 Ghosts last night, that movie sucked a lunacy amount.

Cube 2 was awful also.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-08, 9:13 AM #56
Manos: Hands of Fate as pretty bad, but if you are looking for a movie that will just destroy your brain while watching it... "SCARECROW: SLAYER".. this had to be the worst movie EVER.. WORSE than Manos.. Worse than The Forbidden Zone.. it's acting and effects are horrible to un imaginable extents.... my brother threw up while we were watching this movie.. and he wasn't even sick.

------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-08, 9:17 AM #57
forgot to add this horrendous pile of crap to the list.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-08, 9:56 AM #58
Troy.
Casablanca.
Rear Window (hell, anything by Alfred Hitchcock).
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-08-08, 10:20 AM #59
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martyn:
Didn't any of you see Barb Wire with Pamela Anderson?! I watched it as I was going through puberty and it STILL made me actually fall asleep! I coudn't even sit through it waiting for boobies! It was plain terrible.

</font>

I saw a copy sitting in the video rental store...looked really stupid. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-08, 10:36 AM #60
Fight Club

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-08, 10:37 AM #61
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Master Tonberry:

Casablanca.
Rear Window (hell, anything by Alfred Hitchcock).
</font>

wtf [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-08, 10:40 AM #62
Ishtar.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-08-08, 11:00 AM #63
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RingMaster481:
Excuse me?!

</font>

A race that can develop stealth technology...can't get through a door that looks 50+ years old.

And they looked like Cher in a wet suit.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-08, 12:32 PM #64
Maybe they don't have 50 year old pantry doors on their world. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

Seriously, though. So what? Humans have created some pretty cool stuff, but if somebody locked you in a room you'd be stuck, too. I don't get the connection between technological advancements and ability to bust through doors.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?

↑ Up to the top!