Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gore Verbinski will direct Bioshock movie.
Gore Verbinski will direct Bioshock movie.
2008-05-11, 6:27 AM #41
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Probably the two best and most-accurate video game movies ever made are Street Fighter and Hitman, which is really really sad.

Well, I thought the first Mortal Kombat movie was decent and accurate.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-05-12, 12:43 AM #42
I think a movie about the corruption and downfall of Rapture would be more interested than a movie about a guy who walks around an underwater city killing little girls.
2008-05-12, 6:27 AM #43
Wing Commander: And that's why you don't put a potato in the microwave.

Unfortunately, only two people are going to get that, and one doesn't visit massassi anymore.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-05-12, 9:01 AM #44
I got 50% of it :/
2008-05-13, 1:31 AM #45
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
I think a movie about the corruption and downfall of Rapture would be more interested than a movie about a guy who walks around an underwater city killing little girls.

I was thinking this, too. Provided it's not done like a horror movie.
2008-05-13, 6:14 PM #46
I could think of many ways to make the downfall of rapture and not do horror. It'd pretty much be the start of rapture, showing Ryan as this great leader building a place for science. Then you'd have the plasmids introduced with people using them for the common good, but after a short time there'd be one or two "mysterious deaths" and we could follow Sullivan around (he did security and some dirty work for Ryan, but was morally against it all) Eventually, there'd be riots and we'd "see" Fontaine shot dead. Throughout all of this, we hear more reports of deaths and occasionally see people going insane from the plasmids.
The last bit of the movie would be Sullivan following Anna Culpepper around and being forced by Ryan to kill her. So at this point we pretty much hate Ryan and know he's the bad guy. Throughout this, we start seeing grafitti saying "Atlas Lives" Then after Sullivan turns in his badge (and/or kills himself) out of remorse for turning into a bad guy, we see a mysterious plane crashing... end of movie, wait for sequel ;)
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"

↑ Up to the top!