Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So i just bought 13 Star Wars books.
So i just bought 13 Star Wars books.
2008-05-14, 10:34 AM #41
Originally posted by Warlockmish:
No Vonnegut for you guys?
Vonnegut is one of my favorite authors. I recently finished Galápagos. It was great--not his best--but really funny.

[quote=Michael MacFarlane]Incidentally, if you read any two Vonnegut novels, it's important for you to read Mother Night and God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater. Certainly not his most famous works, but possibly his best.[/quote]I will definitely check those out. I'd like to eventually read all of his books, but he has so many (which is a good thing).
2008-05-14, 2:20 PM #42
Originally posted by Brian:
Bah, I loved the movie and wasn't unhappy with the book.

yes but 90% of them are infinitely better than starship troopers.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-05-14, 2:35 PM #43
So his early stuff is actually worth reading then? I thought Heinlein's early stage was mostly pulp fiction written for the boys' adventure fiction magazines of the 50s.
2008-05-14, 2:41 PM #44
they're fun to read through on an afternoon. a few of them suck hard, but not many.

i especially liked Farmer in the Sky, about a colony on one of Jupiter's moons.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-05-14, 9:43 PM #45
Wow Tiberium, I don't think I've been quoted that much in the history of Massassi!
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2008-05-14, 10:18 PM #46
Quote:
one of heinlein's worst books ever.

You must have missed all the political commentary. The book is incredible, if you look just a little below the surface. Most of his stuff is like that. Stranger in a Strange Land, Job - it's dumb and farcical on the surface. But it flows deep.

↑ Up to the top!